• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of the Japanese made Kicking Mule

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daaamn nice. I heard these were the real deal - a big step up from the already fairly good chinese production KMWs. Unfortunately they still don't have a cut that I like. (except maybe the 1950, I'm not sure what it is like)

TheOneTrueMatt

Reaction score
I tried on the Rocker at Context. Very nice. I can't begin to even think about affording them, but if I had the income to justify > $200 jeans, I probably would've left with a pair.

Ott

Reaction score
am I the only one who hates the selvage coin pocket? I don't know why, but it annoys me.

EDIT- I love context's site. They actually know how to model jeans- amazing!

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah I'm not too fond of it either. And yeah context definately has some accurate model fits. Lightyears ahead of guisestore.com

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
^ Yeah I'm not too fond of it either. And yeah context definately has some accurate model fits. Lightyears ahead of guisestore.com
I like guisestore. Their modeling surpasses 'bad' and enters 'comical' territory. Rag&Bone should sue them
laugh.gif
EDIT- maybe I'll hit mauro up for a pair of 1980s. They sound fantastic. EDIT2- does anyone own the 1980 cut? Care to share your sizing/shrinking experiences, pictures, etc?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own the 1980, but they are the old denim so any shrinking suggestions I could give wouldn't mean much. They are sanforized, so I really wouldn't worry about it. I believe they run fairly true to size. I don't have any pics off hand, but there should be some scattered around the board. I love them though, the only thing I disliked was the denim. Now that these exist...

tomtraubert

Reaction score
i had the chance to pick up last season's 1980s for 75% from oak but that selvedge pocket turned me off. i find it somewhat repulsive, or gaudy at least. i was tempted to pick them up for resale but i already have too much **** that i need to sell. these new japanese versions do look very nice overall though.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly crazy about the coin pocket, but if everything else hits the jackpot.......

denimaddict

Reaction score
I *love* those buttons. Those are the kind of buttons I want on the SFx5ep jean.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They come out to around $200 shipped at Denim Bar with our discount.
Actually $220.....275-20%. I think the price went up a bit with the new run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads