or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The 27 Year Old Virgin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 27 Year Old Virgin - Page 26

post #376 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

Know what is good about you, and admit what is bad about you, and accept that this is just how you are. This is what it really means to be confident, to actually be humble.

well said.
post #377 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

Seriously there are only two necessary things you have to change about yourself before you go out and do any kind of socialising.
1) Get rid of your virginity ASAP.

Why? When you're a virgin and you see a woman you're interested in, you are probably salivating and rocking that boner, and if you approach any woman they will immediately notice this. You end up approaching every woman like some kind of idealised sexual object and this typically will bring out a lot of anxiety in you because you really haven't learnt how to properly express these feelings in a 'socially acceptable' sort of way.

Get a hooker, there is nothing wrong with this, in fact it might be the only time in your life when sex can be genuinely honest. This experience will teach you that sex is a very real thing in the sense it can be messy, awkward, and unsatisfying sometimes because it will involve other people outside of your fantasies beyond your control. When you understand this you'll begin to shed any inhibitions and insecurities in regards to your own inferiority, and the way you will see other women.

Ehhh. In all honesty, I'm not sure if this is great advice.

Hiring a prostitute is essentially cheating at this point. Yes, he will no longer be a virgin - but with a big asterisk next to that statement. And the experience will most likely still result in warped perceptions of sex and physical attraction.

I was also a later-in-life virgin, and often considered using an escort service to "solve the problem". However, I didn't - in fact I decided to adopt an entirely different approach...

I worked on self-improvement. I forgot about girls and the never ending battle to lose my v-card. I started doing volunteer work, eating better, exercising more, and doing whatever else I could to see a better version of myself in the mirror.

Within a few months of embarking on this journey - I lost my virginity to a female friend that happened to be very attracted to the new me (and the "old me" as well).

Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend OP see a prostitute just yet. Before he turns thirty? Yea, might not be a bad idea. But for now - he needs to stop wallowing in self-pity and step his game up.
post #378 of 666
amathew - You seem to still be holding back despite a plethora of useful advice so far. Do you have severe approach anxiety?
post #379 of 666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post

amathew - You seem to still be holding back despite a plethora of useful advice so far. Do you have severe approach anxiety?

 

 

I know the advice that people have stated on here is useful, but I still am having issues going through with approaching women. I got myself accustomed to a certain lifestyle, and now I want to change, but it's hard to get out of my comfort zone. I wouldn't say that I have approach anxiety. If anything, I have an issue keeping conversations going. 

post #380 of 666
OP, how often do you pleasure yourself?
post #381 of 666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

OP, how often do you pleasure yourself?

 

1-2 times a week. sometimes less

post #382 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post


I know the advice that people have stated on here is useful, but I still am having issues going through with approaching women. I got myself accustomed to a certain lifestyle, and now I want to change, but it's hard to get out of my comfort zone. I wouldn't say that I have approach anxiety. If anything, I have an issue keeping conversations going. 

Do you have the same problem keeping conversations going with guys at work or friends from school?
post #383 of 666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post


Do you have the same problem keeping conversations going with guys at work or friends from school?

 

Yeah, it's pretty much with everyone, guys and gals.

post #384 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Yeah, it's pretty much with everyone, guys and gals.

Well there's your problem.

Not something that would go away from banging a hooker, that's for sure.
post #385 of 666
^ At least he wouldn't be a virgin anymore.
post #386 of 666

hookers are interesting people, they have plenty to talk about. 

 

OP, are you the kind of person who has a conversation by indiscriminately laughing at everything and using non-linguistic expressions like 'hmm'?

post #387 of 666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

hookers are interesting people, they have plenty to talk about. 

 

OP, are you the kind of person who has a conversation by indiscriminately laughing at everything and using non-linguistic expressions like 'hmm'?

 

No, I rarely say "hmmm" and I acctually have a hard time laughing during conversations. I tend to smile or chucle lightly, which is often the wrong social signal to send after a funny joke.

post #388 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

hookers are interesting people, they have plenty to talk about. 
post #389 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

No, I rarely say "hmmm" and I acctually have a hard time laughing during conversations. I tend to smile or chucle lightly, which is often the wrong social signal to send after a funny joke.

If you know it's weird, why do you continue to do it?

In regards to your conversational skills, is there a particular subject, whether it is sports, movies, video games, that you enjoy discussing with others who are as knowledgeable as you?
post #390 of 666
Perhaps OP is truly asexual. People don't turn him on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The 27 Year Old Virgin