or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo-approved
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foo-approved - Page 7

post #91 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

its tells me we are missing out frown.gif

But it's cool. We have you posting about 100 times a day so the world is in balance.
post #92 of 278
I wonder how many WAYWRN posters posted pics of what they wore to work that morning only to arrive at the office and upon checking SF were met with even one stinging critique and subsequently spent the remainder of their day in an uncomfortable state. Or worse felt compelled to go out and buy something in an effort to 'correct' their appearance?
post #93 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

But it's cool. We have you posting about 100 times a day so the world is in balance.

Stitch will be in the top 10 all time soon. Excited for that. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #94 of 278
216
post #95 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

I wonder how many WAYWRN posters posted pics of what they wore to work that morning only to arrive at the office and upon checking SF were met with even one stinging critique and subsequently spent the remainder of their day in an uncomfortable state. Or worse felt compelled to go out and buy something in an effort to 'correct' their appearance?

Does ebay do same day delivery?
post #96 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I didn't say all of you are. But I think it is true of many, if not most.
The best dressers on the forum have largely abandoned it or at least drastically reduced their participation over the years. That alone should tell you something.

It's true, I've been busy.
post #97 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

It's true, I've been busy.
lols ...hi sheepy..it's about time you chime in.. smile.gif
post #98 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

I find this thread very self serving... hate me!

you came up short, I hate this thread, thank God I have the option of not open it anymore
post #99 of 278
I will probably never put the level of thought into dressing that Foo does, but I appreciate these threads simply because it's nice to see someone looking with a hypercritical eye at various outfits and telling us what works and what doesn't (and why). A unanimous chorus of AWESOME FIT for everything, or simply silence for a failure, doesn't provide a lot of room for growth.
post #100 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

But it's cool. We have you posting about 100 times a day so the world is in balance.

lol not sure if srs.... patch[1].gif

my many posts cant provide the same visual lessons as fit pics from the styfo best. the WAYWRN All Stars thread had a lot of good material, as does back reading, but many of the images from years back have since been removed. its too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Stitch will be in the top 10 all time soon. Excited for that. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

orly, i hadnt even noticed.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
not really, i noticed. im not sure if im excited or scared though
post #101 of 278
Well dressed old timers no longer post because there is only so much rimming one can take before the shop closes.
post #102 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

I don't understand this active hostility towards monochrome. Sure, you can think it's boring, but to think it's patently 'bad' looking is a little extreme. I'm with jrd617, subdued plain blues gives a discreet, professional appearance; and I kind of like looking anonymous and humble (you stand out enough in the modern era wearing a suit). Moreover, dark monochrome focuses the attention on the fit and cut of the suit, instead of having it hidden behind silky ties and pinstripes; frankly, fiddling around with colors, patterns, checks and pocketsquares all seems a bit feminine to me. Note, I'm not advocating an all-black suit and white shirt with aviators like some bad 90's movie. I think the Italian businessmen have it right:
pitti-uomo-recap-bold-solids-569717.png
We'll be boring together.

Well, if you want to talk masculine and feminine, you have it backwards. Color matching is more associated with women’s dress. Men’s attire uses complementary color’s to integrate the clothing without overtly calling attention to it.
post #103 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The problem is that most of you do not look nearly as good as you believe. Imperfect as it is, analysis comes in handy when instinct fails.

You realize that the analysis is nowhere near as good as you think it is. In fact no better than the instinct.
post #104 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Well dressed old timers no longer post because there is only so much rimming one can take before the shop closes.

have you found that to be the case in your travels? we should ask ed.
post #105 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I didn't say all of you are. But I think it is true of many, if not most.
The best dressers on the forum have largely abandoned it or at least drastically reduced their participation over the years. That alone should tell you something.

There should be a thread then with only the best dressers posting their fits. Perhaps the consensually chosen "top 10" of SF in MC.

It would probably be one of the greatest assets to revive the forum and the credibility issues you seem to be alluding to
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo-approved