or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Trench Coat options
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trench Coat options - Page 6

post #76 of 93
facepalm.gif
post #77 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Here's another mackintosh option.


It's so beautiful...when I start making more money it will be my first purchase...navy or khaki which shall i pick.
post #78 of 93

I've got a navy mac (Not actual mac sadly, just a navy lookalike)  and it's insanely versatile but I've also got a khaki trench and that too is insanely versatile. Unfortunately you're gonna have to buy both... and also buy Epaulet's other Mac in the graphite; why do they have to be so expensive?

 

I love this model - it looks so sturdy without seeming boxy and unflattering. Makes me desperately sad that this will no longer be in production by the time I have even nearly enough money to afford it.

post #79 of 93

I'm seeing a lot of military style trench coats online I wonder how the gents feel about it.

post #80 of 93

Hi guys, on the subject of other, cheaper (and by that, I mean under $300) trench coat options, I was wondering what your opinions were of this one from Club Monaco?

 

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13015499&prodFindSrc=cart

 

 

For $79, the price is really great, I think. My only iffy point is that I'd love it if it were double-breasted as opposed to single-breasted. And I'd also prefer if there were some detailing on the sleeves like some buckles/straps.

 

Another options I've been considering is a MTM Indochino navy trench coat (either the adventurer or the excursionist). Anyone have any opinions on those styles?

 

http://www.indochino.com/product/The-Adventurer-Blue-Trenchcoat

 

The Indochino trenches were also brought up previously in this thread, but that was 3 years ago and I think some of the styles may have changed: http://www.styleforum.net/t/190809/indochino-trench-coats

post #81 of 93

 

Any opinions on this Burberry Trench?  It's mid-length, measures 39in long.  It's around $1800, but looks like it'll be fashionable for several years. 

 

 

 

post #82 of 93
It's difficult to tell from the photos where the trench ends. Myself, I prefer the length to be equal above and below the belt . On me, this falls just above the knee.

Slightly longer is fine, depending on how traditional you like your trench coat and how much gravitas or maturity you have to pull it off. Shorter, like the OP of this thread, and you begin to play to trends, diminishing the purpose of a classic staple like the trench coat, IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhibitA View Post

Any opinions on this Burberry Trench?  It's mid-length, measures 39in long.  It's around $1800, but looks like it'll be fashionable for several years. 






post #83 of 93
maybe its just me, but I want a full length trench coat to protect my suit.
post #84 of 93
I quite like the shorter length trench coats. That's what I'd pick for myself. And no, not because I am myself short.
post #85 of 93

 I just bought a full length trench-coat the same color as the OP's in December at a local Goodwill for $20.00. It was in great shape and has a liner in it. It's great for wearing in this bitter cold winter weather. I think I'll be able to take the liner out and use it as a raincoat when it gets warm. smile.gif

 

 I don't like the look of the shorter coats.

post #86 of 93

I like the shorter actually - just above the knee.

post #87 of 93

 It looks kinda feminine to me- like some have mentioned...

post #88 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by EriQ009 View Post

It's difficult to tell from the photos where the trench ends. Myself, I prefer the length to be equal above and below the belt . On me, this falls just above the knee.

Slightly longer is fine, depending on how traditional you like your trench coat and how much gravitas or maturity you have to pull it off. Shorter, like the OP of this thread, and you begin to play to trends, diminishing the purpose of a classic staple like the trench coat, IMO.

Looks like a girly man's coat.

The wearer of this coat won't stay young like Peter Pan forever.

A traditional below the knee coat is by far better all around.
post #89 of 93
What the heck is that thing in the back of the lapel with a buckle on it??

post #90 of 93
It fastens around the throat to keep the collar closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

What the heck is that thing in the back of the lapel with a buckle on it??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Trench Coat options