Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CALLING ALL SMALL GUYS - London Fog Towne Blue Single Breasted Trenchcoat - 36S (fit 38S)- PRICE... Last post on 11/11/11 at 5:56pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DiBello Collezione Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Trench Coat options - Page 6post #76 of 936/6/12 at 12:41pmpost #77 of 936/6/12 at 12:48pmpost #78 of 936/7/12 at 11:41am
I've got a navy mac (Not actual mac sadly, just a navy lookalike) and it's insanely versatile but I've also got a khaki trench and that too is insanely versatile. Unfortunately you're gonna have to buy both... and also buy Epaulet's other Mac in the graphite; why do they have to be so expensive?
I love this model - it looks so sturdy without seeming boxy and unflattering. Makes me desperately sad that this will no longer be in production by the time I have even nearly enough money to afford it.post #79 of 936/8/12 at 2:20pmpost #80 of 931/10/13 at 6:30am
Hi guys, on the subject of other, cheaper (and by that, I mean under $300) trench coat options, I was wondering what your opinions were of this one from Club Monaco?
For $79, the price is really great, I think. My only iffy point is that I'd love it if it were double-breasted as opposed to single-breasted. And I'd also prefer if there were some detailing on the sleeves like some buckles/straps.
Another options I've been considering is a MTM Indochino navy trench coat (either the adventurer or the excursionist). Anyone have any opinions on those styles?
The Indochino trenches were also brought up previously in this thread, but that was 3 years ago and I think some of the styles may have changed: http://www.styleforum.net/t/190809/indochino-trench-coatspost #81 of 931/24/13 at 8:07pmpost #82 of 931/24/13 at 11:52pmIt's difficult to tell from the photos where the trench ends. Myself, I prefer the length to be equal above and below the belt . On me, this falls just above the knee.
Slightly longer is fine, depending on how traditional you like your trench coat and how much gravitas or maturity you have to pull it off. Shorter, like the OP of this thread, and you begin to play to trends, diminishing the purpose of a classic staple like the trench coat, IMO.post #83 of 931/25/13 at 9:06ampost #84 of 931/25/13 at 9:32ampost #85 of 931/25/13 at 10:23am
I just bought a full length trench-coat the same color as the OP's in December at a local Goodwill for $20.00. It was in great shape and has a liner in it. It's great for wearing in this bitter cold winter weather. I think I'll be able to take the liner out and use it as a raincoat when it gets warm.
I don't like the look of the shorter coats.post #86 of 931/25/13 at 8:15pmpost #87 of 931/28/13 at 6:08ampost #88 of 931/28/13 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by EriQ009
It's difficult to tell from the photos where the trench ends. Myself, I prefer the length to be equal above and below the belt . On me, this falls just above the knee.
Slightly longer is fine, depending on how traditional you like your trench coat and how much gravitas or maturity you have to pull it off. Shorter, like the OP of this thread, and you begin to play to trends, diminishing the purpose of a classic staple like the trench coat, IMO.
Looks like a girly man's coat.
The wearer of this coat won't stay young like Peter Pan forever.
A traditional below the knee coat is by far better all around.post #89 of 931/28/13 at 8:18pmpost #90 of 931/28/13 at 8:37pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 second ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › viberg mahogany shell service boots size 6.5 2030 brogue toe cap 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › BNWT $2867 Orazio Luciano Grey Overcoat 100% Wool Size 54EU - 44US 19 minutes ago
- › Flint Water and Fat 1%er Michael Moore 27 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding