Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CALLING ALL SMALL GUYS - London Fog Towne Blue Single Breasted Trenchcoat - 36S (fit 38S)- PRICE... Last post on 11/11/11 at 5:56pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:36 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DiBello Collezione Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Trench Coat options - Page 5
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 935/18/12 at 8:06pmpost #63 of 936/5/12 at 12:29pmpost #64 of 936/5/12 at 12:37pmThread Starterpost #65 of 936/5/12 at 12:39pmpost #66 of 936/5/12 at 2:07pmpost #67 of 936/5/12 at 2:24pmpost #68 of 936/5/12 at 2:43pmYeah, the whole point of a "trench" coat is that it covers a lot of your pants when it's raining. If you've ever tried to walk in NYC in a rainstorm, even holding an umbrella, the rain will soak your pants on around your knees. That's because when you walk your knees project up and forward. Thus, a full length trench coat will protect your fine wool trousers from the rain...
Now, biomechanics aside, I do agree that a full length trench looks old-mannish, and I also agree that a cropped trench looks oddly truncated. The solution is a classic Mackintosh, which gives you about 90% of the protection of a trench with a sleeker style, esp. if it's slim fit. I've been looking for an affordable version for a while but have struck out.
Anyway, to the OP, I'd loop the belt through the back. Fit looks fine to me -- so wear it in good health if you like it.post #69 of 936/5/12 at 6:41pmpost #70 of 936/5/12 at 7:30pmThread Starter
Posting this here also:
Hey everyone, I found one of my fathers old overcoats, its light grey wool. It obviously needs some tailoring and cleaning, but what else does this need? I am definitely also going to replace the buttons, I'm thinking about buttons on either black horn buttons or very dark tortoise shell buttons. What else can I do to this to make it look better/more modern?post #71 of 936/6/12 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by dijor
Sorry to Hijack this topic, but I found a short suede trench from BB Prorsum which I'm thinking to buy since they have only my size left I have to make up my mind fast. I really like the suede of this trench.
Burberry Prorsum Suede Trench Coat Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like the look. Let me guess, is this from Mr. Porter? I would argue that the suede is more for the runway, as it would probably be impractical in person, both due to getting destroyed by rain/snow and also looking odd in real life.post #72 of 936/6/12 at 12:21ampost #73 of 936/6/12 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Posting this here also:
Hey everyone, I found one of my fathers old overcoats, its light grey wool. It obviously needs some tailoring and cleaning, but what else does this need? I am definitely also going to replace the buttons, I'm thinking about buttons on either black horn buttons or very dark tortoise shell buttons. What else can I do to this to make it look better/more modern?
Leave it be, looks 1000% better than that other thing.post #74 of 936/6/12 at 5:42am
- Trench Coat options
Styleforum Top Picks
- What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 10 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › WTB: Alden DC Cigar or Ravello Cap Toe Boot 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 11 minutes ago
- › NEW Nigel Cabourn Storm Parka Navy Wool/Beewax Cotton 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...