Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CALLING ALL SMALL GUYS - London Fog Towne Blue Single Breasted Trenchcoat - 36S (fit 38S)- PRICE... Last post on 11/11/11 at 5:56pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:12 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DiBello Collezione Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Trench Coat options - Page 5
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 935/18/12 at 8:06pmpost #63 of 936/5/12 at 12:29pmpost #64 of 936/5/12 at 12:37pmThread Starterpost #65 of 936/5/12 at 12:39pmpost #66 of 936/5/12 at 2:07pmpost #67 of 936/5/12 at 2:24pmpost #68 of 936/5/12 at 2:43pmYeah, the whole point of a "trench" coat is that it covers a lot of your pants when it's raining. If you've ever tried to walk in NYC in a rainstorm, even holding an umbrella, the rain will soak your pants on around your knees. That's because when you walk your knees project up and forward. Thus, a full length trench coat will protect your fine wool trousers from the rain...
Now, biomechanics aside, I do agree that a full length trench looks old-mannish, and I also agree that a cropped trench looks oddly truncated. The solution is a classic Mackintosh, which gives you about 90% of the protection of a trench with a sleeker style, esp. if it's slim fit. I've been looking for an affordable version for a while but have struck out.
Anyway, to the OP, I'd loop the belt through the back. Fit looks fine to me -- so wear it in good health if you like it.post #69 of 936/5/12 at 6:41pmpost #70 of 936/5/12 at 7:30pmThread Starter
Posting this here also:
Hey everyone, I found one of my fathers old overcoats, its light grey wool. It obviously needs some tailoring and cleaning, but what else does this need? I am definitely also going to replace the buttons, I'm thinking about buttons on either black horn buttons or very dark tortoise shell buttons. What else can I do to this to make it look better/more modern?post #71 of 936/6/12 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by dijor
Sorry to Hijack this topic, but I found a short suede trench from BB Prorsum which I'm thinking to buy since they have only my size left I have to make up my mind fast. I really like the suede of this trench.
Burberry Prorsum Suede Trench Coat Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like the look. Let me guess, is this from Mr. Porter? I would argue that the suede is more for the runway, as it would probably be impractical in person, both due to getting destroyed by rain/snow and also looking odd in real life.post #72 of 936/6/12 at 12:21ampost #73 of 936/6/12 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Posting this here also:
Hey everyone, I found one of my fathers old overcoats, its light grey wool. It obviously needs some tailoring and cleaning, but what else does this need? I am definitely also going to replace the buttons, I'm thinking about buttons on either black horn buttons or very dark tortoise shell buttons. What else can I do to this to make it look better/more modern?
Leave it be, looks 1000% better than that other thing.post #74 of 936/6/12 at 5:42am
- Trench Coat options
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › Mainetti Suit and Trouser Hangers - Made in Italy 1 minute ago
- › ALDEN Shell Cordovan Boots US 10.5 C 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...