or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Trench Coat options
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trench Coat options - Page 3

post #31 of 93
I don't think that you'll find much love for the guy you quoted above on SF. Despite his face being blurred, everyone recognizes him and his blog. That being said, at 20 years old, a cropped trench would probably look better on you (according to people your age) than a full-length trench down past your knees.
post #32 of 93

I'd say the main difference between the coats in those pics and yours is that yours isn't being worn by a self-satisfied sycophantic douchebag...

 

That aside though I do prefer the cropped fit - some people here are dismissing it as feminine but the silhouette of a well fitting trench coat is, in my opinion, as masculine as you can get in a coat and as such the length is really down to how you wish to wear it and what you feel is appropriate for your build. At 6ft 3" and 64kg a full-length trench swallows me so I prefer to go for a mid-thigh crop.

post #33 of 93
I don't think these guys would look nearly as tough in cropped-length coats...

197
post #34 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

I don't think these guys would look nearly as tough in cropped-length coats...
197

Thanks for this?  Why is this turning into a discussion of "manliness"?  I don't need a longer trench coat to feel more masculine, in fact, I'm quite happy with my cropped coat.  I suppose some of you who think they are to feminine for your liking arent as comfortable with your masculinity?  Either way, I intended this thread to be about peoples opinions of trench coats, maybe you could all post pictures of your coats as well.  I respect everyones opinions as to whether or not a cropped v. a long trench is masculine or feminine but I think the above post is taking it a bit to far.

post #35 of 93
thing looks like a dress chief...and for gods sake, clean your bloody room
post #36 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Thanks for this?  Why is this turning into a discussion of "manliness"?  I don't need a longer trench coat to feel more masculine, in fact, I'm quite happy with my cropped coat.  I suppose some of you who think they are to feminine for your liking arent as comfortable with your masculinity?  Either way, I intended this thread to be about peoples opinions of trench coats, maybe you could all post pictures of your coats as well.  I respect everyones opinions as to whether or not a cropped v. a long trench is masculine or feminine but I think the above post is taking it a bit to far.

Dude, have you looked at my avatar picture? I'm wearing heels from a fundraiser I did. Do you really think that I am uncomfortable with my masculinity?

You asked for opinions so don't get mad when they don't come back the way you want,

I personally like a longer coat and was simply trying to find a fun way to respond to the poster who was saying that long trench coats are "old-manish" by sharing one of my favorite image of guys wearing that type of coat.

And I will reiterate the suggestion I gave earlier that you buy a Barbour International or a Belstaff Trialmaster if you want a jacket of this length but don't want people wondering why you are wearing a raincoat on a clear day...

350

But do whatever you want. No one has to wear the coat but you.
post #37 of 93
This thread is ridiculous. The trench looks good on you. Longer would me more traditional but if you like it cropped, go for it.
post #38 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

Dude, have you looked at my avatar picture? I'm wearing heels from a fundraiser I did. Do you really think that I am uncomfortable with my masculinity?
You asked for opinions so don't get mad when they don't come back the way you want,
I personally like a longer coat and was simply trying to find a fun way to respond to the poster who was saying that long trench coats are "old-manish" by sharing one of my favorite image of guys wearing that type of coat.
And I will reiterate the suggestion I gave earlier that you buy a Barbour International or a Belstaff Trialmaster if you want a jacket of this length but don't want people wondering why you are wearing a raincoat on a clear day...
350
But do whatever you want. No one has to wear the coat but you.

If you're wearing a suit or sport coat, I think a short trench will look more appropriate than a Barbour or Belstaff moto jacket, whether it's raining or not.
post #39 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

Dude, have you looked at my avatar picture? I'm wearing heels from a fundraiser I did. Do you really think that I am uncomfortable with my masculinity?
You asked for opinions so don't get mad when they don't come back the way you want,
I personally like a longer coat and was simply trying to find a fun way to respond to the poster who was saying that long trench coats are "old-manish" by sharing one of my favorite image of guys wearing that type of coat.
And I will reiterate the suggestion I gave earlier that you buy a Barbour International or a Belstaff Trialmaster if you want a jacket of this length but don't want people wondering why you are wearing a raincoat on a clear day...
350
But do whatever you want. No one has to wear the coat but you.

This.

The fundamental problem with a trench coat that short is not that it makes you look like a chick. It is that it looks -- and is -- stupid if you wear it with a suit. If you want to wear it "by itself" i.e. as a sort of jacket, then there are much better things to wear.
post #40 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeungjai View Post

I don't think that you'll find much love for the guy you quoted above on SF. Despite his face being blurred, everyone recognizes him and his blog. That being said, at 20 years old, a cropped trench would probably look better on you (according to people your age) than a full-length trench down past your knees.

What's wrong with him?
post #41 of 93
He's read the aforementioned blog?
post #42 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


What's wrong with him?

Just search Dan Trepanier, grab a cup of tea and enjoy...

post #43 of 93
I Google the named and ended up at a blog that wasn't worth reading? Did I miss something? Still can't figure out the drama.
post #44 of 93
Alain Delon in Le Samourai.

286
191
193
post #45 of 93
Thread Starter 

NoBunny from one of the WAYW Friday contests from a while ago:

 

518355-11-1284725772580.jpg

No one seems to have a problem with this?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Trench Coat options