or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Dressed Male TV Characters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Dressed Male TV Characters - Page 4

post #46 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

The series themselves are fine, but his suits and shirts, windsor knot aside, are really not that pleasing:
tumblr_lroq84wxtc1r1uegko1_500.jpg
tumblr_lpumfq0dGP1r1uegko1_500.png

You just called TF unpleasing.
post #47 of 151
My top 10, in order:

1. Harvey Specter on Suits
2. Roger Sterling (John Slattery on Mad Men)
3. Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl
4. Terrence McQuewick on Entourage
5. Nolan Ross of Revenge (tie)
5. Don Draper of ABC's Mad Men (tie)
7. Jack Donaghy on 30 Rock
8. Detective Fontana (Dennis Farina) on the original Law & Order
9. Nucky from Boardwalk Empire
10. David Letterman
post #48 of 151

I had no idea who this Harvey Specter guy is so I googled him. Do my eyes deceive me?

 

0SOE9f

post #49 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleCozy View Post

You just called TF unpleasing.

I think the images speak for themselves; not much to add. Also don't think TF styles this guy himself. Really don't understand the title of the series; the suits they wear are pretty horrible in terms of fit and style. As to HS, I am not surprised the actor that plays him does not like wearing suits.
post #50 of 151
Thread Starter 
Thanks TimelesStyle for your Top10. Any others?
post #51 of 151

Maybe not "best dressed" material, but I've noticed on the show Once Upon a Time (or something similar), the fairy tale show my wife watches --- the Rumpelstiltskin / pawn broker character (played by a Scottish fellow, if I'm not mistaken) --- his tie knots are getting *enormous*.

post #52 of 151
I think Eli Gold from Good Wife deserves a mention.
post #53 of 151
Albert Steptoe - champion of the Homburg hat.
post #54 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

I think the images speak for themselves; not much to add. Also don't think TF styles this guy himself. Really don't understand the title of the series; the suits they wear are pretty horrible in terms of fit and style. As to HS, I am not surprised the actor that plays him does not like wearing suits.

TF-suits are notorious for their collar gaping. I think Harvey and Louis both dress good, very lawyer-esque in their different roles (arrogantly bombastic CBD v. regular CBD). Mike really needs to step it up though, looks like J. Crew or Banana Republic suits (though they probably are BB or something).

The show in itself isn't particularly good, but entertaining nonetheless.
post #55 of 151

Draper and the rest of the guys at Mad Men, style-wise they've become very influential in my view.

post #56 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesny View Post

Draper and the rest of the guys at Mad Men, style-wise they've become very influential in my view.

Looks like at least one character of Mad Men will be in the Top10. I sent out a survey last night to more than 10,000 customers to have them vote on all the nominees. I should have results by the end of today or tomorrow. Will share the results with you guys of course.
post #57 of 151
Patrick Jane - The Mentalist
post #58 of 151
Ned from the show "Ned and Stacey". Another dated look, but at the time he was wearing different stuff compared to other TV characters i.e. Seinfeld.
post #59 of 151

--- Is this an "all time" list, or who is currently on TV in new programming?  If it's an all time list, I think we're missing some people for sure.

post #60 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjclark View Post

--- Is this an "all time" list, or who is currently on TV in new programming?  If it's an all time list, I think we're missing some people for sure.

All time....recent...just post!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Dressed Male TV Characters