or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Follow the rules in B&S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Follow the rules in B&S - Page 4

post #46 of 172
Why are people so dense with pricing and the gift option.

If you want to come out on top of the 4%, make your price +4%, but don't explicitly say use gift option.

There is no ethical rule or explicit SF rule on what you price as long as you do not imply that you can choose gift/personal payment or regular+4%.

Meaning if you want to sell an item for $200, but don't want to lose on the $8 fee, make your full price 208.34 - regular payment NOT gift/personal payment. Then the price evens out to the 200 you intended to receive after fees. Don't mention it as a surcharge, just make it into the cost of the price of the item.

No need to mention that the price is set up that way for that reason, because there is no rule saying you can't list at 208.34.

tl;dr: If you want to list prices so that fees do not affect you, but rather the buyer - and the buyer pays with regular payment (non gift/personal) - take your intended take home price and divide it by .96. Round up or down if you want it to be an even number, or to the nearest 10 etc.. its up to you.


If I am just completely wrong, just let me know, my ignorance may be high here, but it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me to charge more for an item because there is a fee involved as long as you are not explicitly saying that because of the fee im gonna charge you 4% more.
post #47 of 172
There's a rumor going about that with Hollande's election, the PayPal fee for the most successful French B&S sellers will be rising to 75%.
post #48 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Have B&S rules been formulated yet on selling swag obtained at the StyFo 10th?
confused.gif
I'm thinking here, in particular, of all those napkins or red-marked cut label brand tags autographed by celebrity StyleForvm posters. These items might be at the height of their value at the moment.

Incorrect. Wait until the next 10 year mark. Or if SF celebrity* passes, it's value will almost certainly reach its' peak.

*Your results may vary. Not all instances of passings will increase value of said items.
post #49 of 172
Did we get an official ruling on the spoiler tag issue? Is it ok to move text and pictures related to sold items into spoiler tags so they don't clog up the listing?
post #50 of 172
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post

Did we get an official ruling on the spoiler tag issue? Is it ok to move text and pictures related to sold items into spoiler tags so they don't clog up the listing?

I'm afraid that I have no idea. Sorry.
post #51 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post

Did we get an official ruling on the spoiler tag issue? Is it ok to move text and pictures related to sold items into spoiler tags so they don't clog up the listing?

I do know this, you should be able to create a listing with the spoiler tags in place, so each item is in a spoiler tag. Then you aren't breaking any rules once they are sold, because all you are doing adding the txt saying its a sold item, it was already in spoiler tags.

AFAICT there is no wrong in adding spoiler tags since you are NOT deleting anything, just adding.
post #52 of 172
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler-Alert.jpg

That's right: I just blew your mind.
post #53 of 172
Quick clarification: this thread is about following the rules in B&S.

Do we have to follow rules elsewhere on the site as well, or is B&S the only place?

Thanks.

confused.gif
post #54 of 172
^^ Something was done here.
post #55 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Quick clarification: this thread is about following the rules in B&S.
Do we have to follow rules elsewhere on the site as well, or is B&S the only place?
Thanks.
confused.gif

If so, you'd be looking at a hefty fine for all those deleted posts.
post #56 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post


I do know this, you should be able to create a listing with the spoiler tags in place, so each item is in a spoiler tag. Then you aren't breaking any rules once they are sold, because all you are doing adding the txt saying its a sold item, it was already in spoiler tags.
AFAICT there is no wrong in adding spoiler tags since you are NOT deleting anything, just adding.

Thanks finally someone answered mine, davesmith and hikari's question.

 

Is it okay to write ''payment via paypal'' Or shall that text not be included what so ever?

post #57 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Quick clarification: this thread is about following the rules in B&S.
Do we have to follow rules elsewhere on the site as well, or is B&S the only place?
Thanks.
confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post

If so, you'd be looking at a hefty fine for all those deleted posts.

Excellent observation. His fines parallel to that of the national debt of Greece.

Debt/Fine Clock
post #58 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

Thanks finally someone answered mine, davesmith and hikari's question.

Is it okay to write ''payment via paypal'' Or shall that text not be included what so ever?

I believe you can state that Paypal is an accepted form of payment. Outside of that, nothing more about Paypal in your listing.
post #59 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post


I believe you can state that Paypal is an accepted form of payment. Outside of that, nothing more about Paypal in your listing.

 

Oh okay thanks, since i'm a pretty new member here. Can you check out my 2 threads in my signature, to see if everything is corrected? 

 

Thanks.

post #60 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

 

Is it okay to write ''payment via paypal'' Or shall that text not be included what so ever?

 

I don't see why this would be a problem. People would appreciate knowing how they should pay.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Follow the rules in B&S