Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread - Page 5post #61 of 2995/17/12 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #62 of 2995/17/12 at 4:45pmpost #63 of 2995/17/12 at 6:11pmThread Starterpost #64 of 2995/17/12 at 7:11pmThread Starterpost #65 of 2995/17/12 at 8:56pmpost #66 of 2995/17/12 at 9:31pmThread Starterpost #67 of 2995/25/12 at 4:08ampost #68 of 2995/25/12 at 4:21amThread StarterIndeed. They are really nice, and really small. You probably already saw it, but they have this in a men's boot in the above, and in CXL.
Largest size is around 9.5-10 US.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-refalt/158_pecos_1601/post #69 of 2995/25/12 at 7:27ampost #70 of 2995/26/12 at 7:06pm
I'm glad I found this thread.
I've been talking to Moto with a couple of colleagues for a few months about distributing their products outside Japan. There are a few challenges.
1. Sizes. Moto's shoes are not built on lasts that will fit Western feet.
2. Time. Hideo is very busy and they are working on a number of art projects this year (Hideo and his sons are artists in leather and silver who exhibit worldwide).
3. Demand. It's hard to work out if the US market would support the sale of products at sufficient volume to make the expense and effort worthwhile.
As things stand we're looking at 2013 as the earliest we might be able to set things up - as stated above. However given our personal relationship with Moto, and in response to this thread, we're wondering if there's any interest in a group buy.
We can't promise anything without talking to Moto again, but we have plans to meet with them in person again in April. If we were to arrange a group buy, predicated on advance payment obviously, who would be interested in what?
The point wouldn't be to profit, it would give us a way of showing the level of demand for products in the US in a way they can see. Proxy buys don't impact them the same way as a group buy will. If we can place a tangible order it may help accelerate things as they recognize the level of real demand here. We may even be able to arrange to purchase at cost, allowing us to pass some saving onto you.
Is there any interest? If not thanks for reading. No one wants to make Moto available in the West, with proper support and sizing, more than we do.
We'd have to confirm things with Moto, get pricing, and then obtain payment ahead of any deliveries. Prices would likely be higher than Japan and may be higher than some proxies. We don't intend to profit but will operate entirely legitimately and above-board when it comes to taxes and duties.
We're in two minds as to the practicalities of offering to deliver shoes. The sizing issue makes getting things right and returns essentially impossible. As we don't want to disappoint we'd rather focus on bags and accessories in the first instance.
If you're interested, please respond with the detail of what you'd like. If shoes are part of that by all means list them, we can't promise anything and certainly can't manage returns, special requests or sizing. Non-shoe items are a much safer bet, at least to start.
We look forward to hearing from you.post #71 of 2995/26/12 at 7:52pmpost #72 of 2995/26/12 at 7:57pmThread StarterMr. Skelter, welcome to the forum and the thread, and many thanks for the very interesting information. Hopefully we will see some interest in MOTO products or a group buy. Wishing you much success in this endeavor.
Recognizing that shoes, particularly large sizes, present a few extra problems, I would still like to express my interest in a few MOTO and MOTOR shoes and boots. If MOTO made these in my size, I would purchase these, instantly. These are shoes I am personally interested in, but I also feel they are representative and distinctive styles in the MOTO line.
Camel Chukkas in white
Camel Lace-up in dark brown
Plain toe lace ups in brown
Oxford shoes in brown CXL
MOTOR Lace up Boots in Natural CXL
Edited by Kashiwa - 5/26/12 at 10:30pmpost #73 of 2995/26/12 at 8:01pmThread StarterQuote:
I have no experience with actual sizing, so I can't say with any confidence, but based on their sizing chart, it looks like you would be a size 2.
8.5D is a 26.5cm in Japanese sizes and that appears to be a 2 in MOTO sizes. See the sizing chart here, for example:
Edited by Kashiwa - 5/26/12 at 10:29pmpost #74 of 2995/26/12 at 11:24pmpost #75 of 2995/26/12 at 11:34pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 29 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 32 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 33 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...