Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread - Page 5
Styleforum Top Picks
Largest size is around 9.5-10 US.
I'm glad I found this thread.
I've been talking to Moto with a couple of colleagues for a few months about distributing their products outside Japan. There are a few challenges.
1. Sizes. Moto's shoes are not built on lasts that will fit Western feet.
2. Time. Hideo is very busy and they are working on a number of art projects this year (Hideo and his sons are artists in leather and silver who exhibit worldwide).
3. Demand. It's hard to work out if the US market would support the sale of products at sufficient volume to make the expense and effort worthwhile.
As things stand we're looking at 2013 as the earliest we might be able to set things up - as stated above. However given our personal relationship with Moto, and in response to this thread, we're wondering if there's any interest in a group buy.
We can't promise anything without talking to Moto again, but we have plans to meet with them in person again in April. If we were to arrange a group buy, predicated on advance payment obviously, who would be interested in what?
The point wouldn't be to profit, it would give us a way of showing the level of demand for products in the US in a way they can see. Proxy buys don't impact them the same way as a group buy will. If we can place a tangible order it may help accelerate things as they recognize the level of real demand here. We may even be able to arrange to purchase at cost, allowing us to pass some saving onto you.
Is there any interest? If not thanks for reading. No one wants to make Moto available in the West, with proper support and sizing, more than we do.
We'd have to confirm things with Moto, get pricing, and then obtain payment ahead of any deliveries. Prices would likely be higher than Japan and may be higher than some proxies. We don't intend to profit but will operate entirely legitimately and above-board when it comes to taxes and duties.
We're in two minds as to the practicalities of offering to deliver shoes. The sizing issue makes getting things right and returns essentially impossible. As we don't want to disappoint we'd rather focus on bags and accessories in the first instance.
If you're interested, please respond with the detail of what you'd like. If shoes are part of that by all means list them, we can't promise anything and certainly can't manage returns, special requests or sizing. Non-shoe items are a much safer bet, at least to start.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Recognizing that shoes, particularly large sizes, present a few extra problems, I would still like to express my interest in a few MOTO and MOTOR shoes and boots. If MOTO made these in my size, I would purchase these, instantly. These are shoes I am personally interested in, but I also feel they are representative and distinctive styles in the MOTO line.
Camel Chukkas in white
Camel Lace-up in dark brown
Plain toe lace ups in brown
Oxford shoes in brown CXL
MOTOR Lace up Boots in Natural CXL
Edited by Kashiwa - 5/26/12 at 10:30pm
I have no experience with actual sizing, so I can't say with any confidence, but based on their sizing chart, it looks like you would be a size 2.
8.5D is a 26.5cm in Japanese sizes and that appears to be a 2 in MOTO sizes. See the sizing chart here, for example:
Edited by Kashiwa - 5/26/12 at 10:29pm
- Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy just now
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 23 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › Montagio or Suitshop or any better ones? 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › iron heart N-1 size M / 38 olive 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories