or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 260
I've only had the oxfords for approximately 6 months. I don't wear them very often.

In terms of quality, MOTOs are a handmade artisan product that are of incredibly high quality and are in a league of their own. The can't be compared to Alden or White's as both of these brands have experienced poor quality control in light of their surge in popularity.

It should be mentioned that MOTOs are hand dyed and that adds a unique characteristic to the shoes as they age.
post #17 of 260
My girlfriend loves her MOTOs. The only problem is that she is worried about them getting scuffed and she rarely wears them.
post #18 of 260
I was most impressed with the beautiful woman who works at the Aoyama store redface.gif
post #19 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I was most impressed with the beautiful woman who works at the Aoyama store redface.gif

+1 Beautiful, charming and friendly staff.

Not sure who you met, but apparently the woman fluent in English is away on maternity leave.

On a different note, my son is a huge fan of the animal sculptures in the shop by founder Hideo Motoike.
post #20 of 260
love the long desert boots
post #21 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakurie View Post

I've only had the oxfords for approximately 6 months. I don't wear them very often.
In terms of quality, MOTOs are a handmade artisan product that are of incredibly high quality and are in a league of their own. The can't be compared to Alden or White's as both of these brands have experienced poor quality control in light of their surge in popularity.
It should be mentioned that MOTOs are hand dyed and that adds a unique characteristic to the shoes as they age.

Thanks for the insights. From what I can tell from inspecting MOTO shoes and boots (not from actually putting my foot in one, that'll have to await larger sizes) they do seem to be absolutely well built. And I look forward to more insights into the production process, like the mention of hand-dyeing above. They do seem to age incredibly well.
post #22 of 260
Thread Starter 
According to the MOTOR site, these Natural CXl Lace-up boots were broken into a wonderful patina by the 63 year young founder Hideo Motoike on his motorcycle trip to Sturgis last summer.

418

354
post #23 of 260
How do the Motor boots fit? Do they run big? If I wear a size 10 in RedWings could I manage? I was also wondering that with the regular Moto's as well if I could fit a 3.
post #24 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBillyOcean View Post

How do the Motor boots fit? Do they run big? If I wear a size 10 in RedWings could I manage? I was also wondering that with the regular Moto's as well if I could fit a 3.

I haven't tried on the MOTOR boots.
post #25 of 260

These are beautiful... another place to check out when we are back in Tokyo next year.

post #26 of 260

Any way to order this over in the US? Wondering how these compare to the Alden barrie, modified or trubalance lasts. I think the modified last is pretty big over there, so I was hoping someone would know. The Natural CXL long chukkas look incredible. 

post #27 of 260

I'm calling my travel agent on Monday.

post #28 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBillyOcean View Post

How do the Motor boots fit? Do they run big? If I wear a size 10 in RedWings could I manage? I was also wondering that with the regular Moto's as well if I could fit a 3.

Not sure. I may give MOTOR a call today and try to find out about their sizing, or inquire early next week when I go to pick up my wife's boots at MOTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Any way to order this over in the US? Wondering how these compare to the Alden barrie, modified or trubalance lasts. I think the modified last is pretty big over there, so I was hoping someone would know. The Natural CXL long chukkas look incredible. 

I'll ask about shipping to US, but my understanding is that you would need a proxy. See Zakurie's post on pg.1 for some insight on sizing relative to Alden. And, yes, the long chukkas are very nice.
post #29 of 260
Thread Starter 
Another boot that attracted my attention during a recent visit to MOTO were these 4 eyelet, 5-inch chukkas.

474

474

Boot-like security of more eyelets than a regular chukka, combined with the sleek and shorter height of a chukka. The double stitching also makes these a unique and stand-out boot. I wasn't completely sure if I liked the natural color at first, but after seeing a few pics of this color in action in the wild, I'm more and more convinced that it is eye-catching and versatile.

MOTO also does these boots in a very different make-up: velour with thick Vibram #2021 soles in dark brown.

474

474
post #30 of 260

Moto may not sign up as an affiliate or join the forum, but if they start following this thread as a guest they may see that there is a strong interest from US customers.  Couldn't hurt, and they may decide to try a sample run in larger sizes (limited styles of course).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread