The suit pants look flawed, but from that one picture, specifics are hard to say. More importantly, even accounting for the low-rise pants, the jacket is too short in the back. Therefore it is unwearable.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 11/18/15 at 9:41pm in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
BlackLapel.com - any experience with them? - Page 10
Styleforum Top Pickspost #137 of 1505/14/13 at 5:47amI figured i'd just add my suit here for critique instead of starting a new thread. I just got it yesterday and it's still a bit wrinkly. I feel like the shoulders are a touch big, the pants a bit tight and the shirt a bit tight in the stomach. The sleeves of the jacket might be a bit too long as well. I'm not much of a suit wearer so i don't really know what to look for. Sorry for the crappy camera pics. Oh the suit is 'tailored' fit. Any noticeable problems?
Edited by houkah - 5/14/13 at 6:21pmpost #138 of 1505/14/13 at 1:37pm
I've ordered a few suits from these guys.
For the price they are pretty good as long as you know exactly what you want with regards to fit.
Material is a bit "flimsy" which I think causes the double vents to flare out a bit but - again, for the price - I am satisfied.
My approach is a bit different though. I am buying them inexpensively as "fashion" suits (i.e. but pretty slim) so I'm not worried about holding on to these long term as "investment pieces" seeing as styles will change regardless.post #139 of 1506/15/13 at 12:01pmpost #140 of 1507/30/13 at 11:33pmpost #141 of 1507/31/13 at 9:02amQuote:
Looks a bit tight to me in the chest and where it buttons. Seems to be a bit of collar gap too. Agree completely on the fabric; a jacket like that really needs something like patch pockets or metal buttons to clearly identify it as a navy blazer.post #142 of 1507/31/13 at 10:24ampost #143 of 1508/22/13 at 5:40amHi all,
I posted my pictures and thoughts on my recent first purchase from Black Lapel in the tailor's thread. In short, I was impressed but it is not perfect. Please see the link below and provide any comments if you can.
Wadepost #144 of 15012/3/13 at 8:21pm
Echoing Wade ^
I recently received my first BlackLapel suit. Warning - when they say Slim Fit, they aren't kidding; I'm used to buying slim fit off the rack out of necessity, but theirs was super slim and actually ended up a little too tight. I can't give a proper review since this suit will likely require a remake, but I'm certainly pleased with the quality for the price. Fingers crossed the fitting works out so that I can buy a couple more.
I bought a shirt from them as well. It was also tight, but that doesn't bother me on a shirt. I'm happy with it and will probably buy a few more after minor alterations to my measurements.
Link to the tailor thread where I've posted pictures (fit recommendations welcome)post #145 of 1501/17/14 at 8:42pmpost #146 of 1502/19/14 at 8:45pmpost #147 of 1505/29/14 at 9:51pm
Sorry I don't have any other pictures but I am the guy to the left. I bought this from Black Lapel last year. The only problem I had was the pants were about an inch too short but they had room for me to lengthen it out an inch. I would totally buy more but unfortunately being in college I can't buy another at the moment lolpost #148 of 15010/15/14 at 4:21pmHello all,
I placed an order with BlackLapel for a Double Breasted Shawl Lapel Tuxedo just over a month ago, and it arrived at my door today.
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the fit, though there are some issues.
I provided BlackLapel with a shot of Tom Hanks in a Tom Ford DB Shawl at the Oscars a few years ago and asked them to replicate it to the best of their ability.
We had a number of emails going back and forth about measurements and other issues, but I think it's pretty close the first shot.
Here's an album, starting with the inspiration shot I sent to BlackLapel, followed by shots of the whole tuxedo, then just the pants.
I have zero complaints about the pants.
My issues with the jacket are:
Strange crease at the lapel at the top buttoning point
The jacket seems about an inch to an inch and a half too short.
General cut of jacket seems a bit boxy, could use a little more waist suppression, which could be achieved a lot more easily if the jacket was longer.
The buttoning point and thereby the gorge seems a bit high, especially in comparison to the shot of Hanks. This, too, would be easy to fix if the jacket were longer.
Lastly, the sleeves are a bit short. Half an inch maybe.
Would like some constructive criticism, I'm going to be emailing BlackLapel these images and would like to be as specific as possible about issues/things that would need to be changed. Given the amount of changes, I am assuming this would need to be a full remake. The shoulders and chest seem to fit great, which to me is generally the most difficult part.
Anyone have any comments/differences of opinion?post #149 of 15011/14/14 at 6:39am
I recently bought a blazer from Black Lapel, and I am very satisfied with both the quality and the sevice. I did not hit my measurements correctly right away, so the first blazer I got did not fit properly. When I contacted Black Lapel I got swift and very qualified help to mend the measurements, and I got a remake of the blazer with no extra cost. This time it was a perfect fit!
Their consierge sevice are swift and helpful, and the people working there have a very keen eye when it comes to questions of fit and style. I recommend Black Lapel to all who is looking foraffordable custom suits, blazers and shirts! I doubt you an get better quality and sevice anywere on the Internet.post #150 of 1505/20/15 at 11:57pm
So I got my suit from them! they definitely nailed the fitting. Couldn't be happier with it, considering i dont need alterations.Very pleased!!
i would however say, i am Not a fan of the fabric, has a slight shine and feels very light. I'd hoped for a slightly richer fabric and no shine.
That said I'll definitely order from them again, if i can find out which fabrics are a little better :)
i would say that reason i went with them initially over KS is that their customer service is excellent. I have been dealing with Hannah who has always been very prompt and thorough.
- BlackLapel.com - any experience with them?
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Brown Leather Men's Derby Shoes Size EU 42 US 9 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › FS: NWOT Arcteryx Veilance Haedn Blazer FW13 Sz.S 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories