• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shaving cream

HitMan009

Reaction score
Can someone tell me which shaving cream that each one on you prefer.... Sometimes I find that just working up a good lather with a bar or soap is just as effective...

Any Comments are welcomed

Thanks

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
My 3 favorites (in no particular order)
1. eShave
2. The Art of Shaving
3. L'Occitaine (shaving soap)

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best drug store brand by far is Aveeno.

I'd have to second GQ Lawyer with the eShave cream as well.

GQL: I bought the AoS soap about two months ago, but haven't used it yet. It's on display in my shaving set. Now that I think of it, I haven't shaved in four months. I
keep the stubble trimmed though.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Mike:

Gettin' any action with that stubble??How do you trim it?

I like the AoS as well, and shave only as often as I need to to be presentable.

thc

Reaction score
i just use Edge and have been happy with it.  I hate spending a ton of money shaving cream since it's easy to dispense too much.  I shave in the shower so it makes my beard very soft and easy to shave.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best one you can find at a drug store is king of shaves, out of the uk, you can find it at target of all places

vero_group

Reaction score
What about Nivea? It's available in many grocery and drug stores in the USA, and given that it's made in Germany, it comes with German engineering built in. ;-)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to use eShave, but found it so thick and viscuous that it clogged the Mach 3 blades, undermining the closeness of the shave.  Perhaps I was using too much cream per shave.  I have been using Kiehl's for the past several weeks and have been satisfied with the results.

abbi

Reaction score
i like sharps kid glove shave gel. its from this really new company, so far i think the only place you can get it is at www.sharpsusa.com and some stores in nyc. it's gel, not cream, so it doesn't clog your razor. it leaves me really smooth and i've never been nicked while i was using it. it's pricier than drug store stuff, but i think it's definately worth it because of the level of closeness you can get with it.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like the Art of Shaving stuff; it isn't for everyone, tho...it's sort of a process to shave, what with the pre shave oil, shave cream with brush, after shave balm. you might check out Zirh, which is supposed to be pretty good.

thefrenchbarber

Reaction score
The secret is more in the steps you take before the shaving process but the best barber shaving creams for me would be the Geo.F.Trumper (around £7) range and the new Yon-Ka barber cream - quite expensive at £19!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truefitt & Hill

groominglounge198110837ww0.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil
Cyril Salter's Luxury shaving cream (any scent)

Everything else is nice, but not up to those two.

However if you're up for trying soaps, I can heartily recommend:

Provence Sante'
Pre de Provence
L'Occitane Cade soap (not the cream)
The Gentleman's Quarter (any scent)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads