or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving cream
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best shaving cream - Page 6

post #76 of 176
Second the WARS recommendation.

Alternatively you might try some Proraso, although you've got to like menthol. I like Salter's creams from the UK, and Crabtree & Evelyn makes some good ones as well. Have not tried eshave or St. Charles shave, but their creams come highly recommended.

Have you tried soaps? Can recommend thegentleman's quarter for soaps. Also use eshave and Provence Sante soaps, both are very very good as well.
post #77 of 176
I used the Melt shave butter and I've also used Aveeno which is ok. Shave butter is softer, never used any of the other stuff but I will never, NEVER go back to using anything gilette. That is the cheapest shite you can buy.
post #78 of 176
Proraso hands down... for me. Everyone's skin is different. Taylor's makes some kick ass stuff too.
post #79 of 176
I use one of those Schick Intuation razors for women, without any shaving cream, and it's the closest shave I've ever been able to get with no irritation at all
post #80 of 176
AOS - Lemon
post #81 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman02 View Post
AOS - Lemon


+1.

I just started using this yesterday and I love it so far.
post #82 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilotro View Post
I use one of those Schick Intuation razors for women, without any shaving cream, and it's the closest shave I've ever been able to get with no irritation at all

+1 on not using shaving cream. i tried it for the first time about a year ago (?), started a thread on it, and no one seemed to agree. i suggest everyone try it once. it may work for you, and if it does, you'll never waste money on cream again.
post #83 of 176
i've been using this cream for 8 months now and it really works well for me. it's called EASY SHAVE. i've gotten rid of ingrown hairs and bumps which are really uncomfortable. it was recommended to me my by brother-in-law. i highly recommend it.
post #84 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
+1 on not using shaving cream. i tried it for the first time about a year ago (?), started a thread on it, and no one seemed to agree. i suggest everyone try it once. it may work for you, and if it does, you'll never waste money on cream again.

I saw that thread and thought it was spam. I just wasn't sure what you were selling.

...

You can have my tubs of shaving cream, BTW - but not my cakes of soap. Those I take to the grave.
post #85 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess View Post
I got a clinique shaving pack for christmas and it's been good. Although I had only used cheap(er) stuff before that, so I can't compare to a lot of stuff in here.

is clinique good? isn't it too expensive?
post #86 of 176
I am partial to Crabtree and Evelyn Shaving Soaps, you get a really nice lather with them.
post #87 of 176
I've found that shaving creams with tea tree oil help prevent some razor bumps and ingrown hairs. I like King of Shaves sensitive skin formula.
post #88 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I saw that thread and thought it was spam. I just wasn't sure what you were selling.

...

You can have my tubs of shaving cream, BTW - but not my cakes of soap. Those I take to the grave.

bastard.

and i hate your wayne newton avatar.
post #89 of 176
Truefit & Hill for me.
post #90 of 176
Scents are very personal.. but I have found DR Harris to be the most effective creams. I have also found soaps to be more effective than creams.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving cream