or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving cream
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best shaving cream - Page 12

post #166 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJoyce View Post

I have been using a mixture of Tailor of Old Bond Street Avocado and Pre de Provence She Butter for my cream. Great scent, excellent lather, leaves my face looking great. I use aloe as a pre shave in the winter and Art of Shaving lemon oil in the summer. I get an excellent shave and minimal breakouts. Also the aloe as a pre shave in the winter really helps with the dry skin. 

No pre-shave for me, I was into pre-shave for a while and even made homemade preshave for while but it was not good for my shave brush. The French have really cornered the market on inexpensive Shea Butter shave soaps. I like to use Provence Sante Green Tea or IK in the winter and follow with toner and aloe vera gel. I really like shea butter. During the summer, I use Acqua Di Parma and Santa Maria Novella, two of the best performing shave creams on the planet!
post #167 of 176

In the winter months I really like MWF. Something about that ceramic container with the words "Wool fat" and "1893 formula" seems so right. 

post #168 of 176
MWF is one of my favorite shave soaps and the ceramic dish looks great on the bathroom countertop. That reminds me, I need to buy a refill when I have finished all the shave soaps/creams I have open.
post #169 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

MWF is one of my favorite shave soaps and the ceramic dish looks great on the bathroom countertop. 

I completely agree. I have the ceramic dish on my countertop as well. 

 

Just joining this thread late but I was also active at one time on Badger & Blade. I don't see mention of any RazoRock cream/soap on SF. Only available at the ItalianBarber site (of which I have no affiliation apart from it being headquartered in Toronto where I live). Truly high performing, similar scent to AdP, and performs better (in my opinion) than other soft italian soaps. Try if you get a chance. Very nicely priced for a soap of this quality, but the packaging leaves much to be desired.  

post #170 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMan View Post

I completely agree. I have the ceramic dish on my countertop as well. 

Just joining this thread late but I was also active at one time on Badger & Blade. I don't see mention of any RazoRock cream/soap on SF. Only available at the ItalianBarber site (of which I have no affiliation apart from it being headquartered in Toronto where I live). Truly high performing, similar scent to AdP, and performs better (in my opinion) than other soft italian soaps. Try if you get a chance. Very nicely priced for a soap of this quality, but the packaging leaves much to be desired.  

I just bought 2 new pucks of MWF. Oh well, they'll keep till next fall/winter. I always buy MWF from vendors in the UK because its much cheaper.

I'm one of the few that didn't care fore RazorRock...you can buy it at West Coast Shaving. The Italian Barber indicated that TFS is no longer making it for him and therefore will no longer be available after the current batch is sold out.
post #171 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


I just bought 2 new pucks of MWF. Oh well, they'll keep till next fall/winter. I always buy MWF from vendors in the UK because its much cheaper.

I'm one of the few that didn't care fore RazorRock...you can buy it at West Coast Shaving. The Italian Barber indicated that TFS is no longer making it for him and therefore will no longer be available after the current batch is sold out.

Nice! You can never have too much and will definitely keep for a long time.  

 

Interesting, I've only tried the XXX and quite liked it. I should stock up I guess. Too bad it wasn't for you. Given the price compared to some other fine soaps, I felt it was a steal. 

post #172 of 176

I'm a Geo F Trumper guy. I use both the soaps at home and their shaving cream in screw top tubs stay in my Dopp kit. It is just the one that works for me but there are many good creams and soaps out there. It is what you do with them that makes the difference. 

post #173 of 176
GFT Rose cream is divine.

My go-to's for years now though have been alternating between Tabac soap and Taylor Avocado cream.

Since I'm bearded now and only shave my neck, these two I have are going to last me another 2 or 3 years.
post #174 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMan View Post

In the winter months I really like MWF. Something about that ceramic container with the words "Wool fat" and "1893 formula" seems so right. 

Kent shaving soap is the same thing and cheaper than MWF.
post #175 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post


Kent shaving soap is the same thing and cheaper than MWF.

True. I think I originally bought MWF for the ceramic container. Will have to remember this when it comes time to refill as I like it so much now. But man does it take a long time to use up...I'm going on >12 months (shaving 7x/week in a rotation with other soaps) now without looking like I've made a dent in it. The italian soft soaps on the other hand are long gone. 

post #176 of 176
I would recommend a Bulldog serie- cheap and working outstanding for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving cream