or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick - Page 19

post #271 of 281
I don't want to offend you but most Pinoys have a poor understanding of history so when they write out their Spanish surnames they automatically assume mestizo ancestry, which to them is superior than native stock bloodline, not knowing the name adoption started for tax reasons. Pinoys are the original Malay people, and yes, very similar to other SE Asians and Austronesians. Those with mixed ancestry made up a very tiny minority, a fact Pinoys should celebrate at least twice a year. And that their culture is still intact after hundreds of years of colonization is a testament to the resilience of the native peoples. However, many Pinoys, esp. the overseas ones, tend to overlook this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
yeah. why the distinction? and filipinos kinda share the same features as malays, indonesians, cambodians and laos.
post #272 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat View Post
I don't want to offend you but most Pinoys have a poor understanding of history so when they write out their Spanish surnames they automatically assume mestizo ancestry, which to them is superior than native stock bloodline, not knowing the name adoption started for tax reasons. Pinoys are the original Malay people, and yes, very similar to other SE Asians and Austronesians. Those with mixed ancestry made up a very tiny minority, a fact Pinoys should celebrate at least twice a year. And that their culture is still intact after hundreds of years of colonization is a testament to the resilience of the native peoples. However, many Pinoys, esp. the overseas ones, tend to overlook this.

no offense there, since its a criticism I find unfortunately true, and since I am more like a self-hating chinese immigrant with my own problems dealing with my equally flawed ethnic brothers. and yes, I find a good portion of pinoys living in the united states unbearable to interact with.
post #273 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
..I find a good portion of pinoys living in the united states unbearable to interact with.

Omg. Can you say everyone in Cali?
post #274 of 281
I thought "Pinoys" or "Pineyes" was kind of a mild slur term. I learned it many years ago from a half-Filipino woman who used it dismissively of full-blooded Filipinos who wanted to date her. Am I mistaken about this usage?
post #275 of 281
I am full blooded Pinoy and don't know anything about my spanish heritage other than the fact I have a spanish name. I consider myself American (born) first and Asian (Filipino) by race, so no mention of spanish blood. In relation to OP...yeah it sucks. But I've had better luck in that dept. than most Filipino guys I know, but even then it's not like I am a ladies man. Wish I can say confidence, looks, etc. is the end-all be-all but there will be some who simply won't date Asian guys. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
I thought "Pinoys" or "Pineyes" was kind of a mild slur term. I learned it many years ago from a half-Filipino woman who used it dismissively of full-blooded Filipinos who wanted to date her. Am I mistaken about this usage?
As far as I know, it is slang for full blooded with no negative connotation.
post #276 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
I thought "Pinoys" or "Pineyes" was kind of a mild slur term. I learned it many years ago from a half-Filipino woman who used it dismissively of full-blooded Filipinos who wanted to date her. Am I mistaken about this usage?

its not a derogatory term, Jan. 'pinoy' or its female counterpart 'pinay' is very much used in everyday language here. the president, whose nickname is 'noy' even calls himself 'p.noy'. come to think of it, I don't know of any slur term for filipinos.
post #277 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
come to think of it, I don't know of any slur term for filipinos.

The help.
post #278 of 281
In South Africa, Asian males are in high demand by the local female population, same with Indian Muslims, both groups with limited chance in the states. Asian guys do very well among women in many countries in Latin America too. You have to move around a bit. Being white used to be pretty sweet but not anymore. If anything, it's a handicap. The fact that most Asian guys prefer Asian women in a multiracial society is to me a good thing. Women are weak, and historically were the first to find consorts among men of the "perceived" dominant class. This is as ingrained as the human urge to find shelter in the rain. I don't blame them. During the Mongolic rule in Eurasia, Caucasian women did the same to their men. I'm quite certain the 21st century will restore historical hierarchy among the races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inq89 View Post

In relation to OP...yeah it sucks. But I've had better luck in that dept. than most Filipino guys I know, but even then it's not like I am a ladies man. Wish I can say confidence, looks, etc. is the end-all be-all but there will be some who simply won't date Asian guys. Oh well.
post #279 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat View Post
In South Africa, Asian males are in high demand by the local female population, same with Indian Muslims, both groups with limited chance in the states. Asian guys do very well among women in many countries in Latin America too. You have to move around a bit. Being white used to be pretty sweet but not anymore. If anything, it's a handicap. The fact that most Asian guys prefer Asian women in a multiracial society is to me a good thing. Women are weak, and historically were the first to find consorts among men of the "perceived" dominant class. This is as ingrained as the human urge to find shelter in the rain. I don't blame them. During the Mongolic rule in Eurasia, Caucasian women did the same to their men. I'm quite certain the 21st century will restore historical hierarchy among the races.

So I need to move to Argentina or Brazil and I'll be getting all the bitches.
post #280 of 281
well shoot good thing i'm going to brazil this winter... i'm not a bad looking asian male either (or so i'm told)... GG
post #281 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeezle View Post
well shoot good thing i'm going to brazil this winter... i'm not a bad looking asian male either (or so i'm told)...


GG

Anywhere you go that you are a rarity you'll be desired.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Asian dudes getting the short end of the stick