or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › need a gift recommendation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need a gift recommendation

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

My good friend (female) just started a new job in NYC. She also put me in touch with the style editor for GQ, who mailed me a bunch of clothes for free and took me shopping. To say thank you, I want to mail her a small gift. I do have a girlfriend, so I don't want to send anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. She likes flowers, so I was debating sending flowers. That just seems overplayed though.


Any recommendation?

post #2 of 14
Where you located? Perhaps you can find a local artist to paint some flowers or something special onto a nice bottle of wine.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 

I am located in NYC.
That is a good idea. The gift can't be anything too substantial, just a simple gift.

post #4 of 14
Flowers
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 

Eh, don't know how I feel about flowers, but she does like them. Maybe just get her a nice bouquet.

post #6 of 14
flowers, not roses.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

flowers, not roses.

+1...don't overthink since you aren't gonna boan her....
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Yes, I cant bone her but that doesn't mean I don't want to. Maybe get her an orchid or just a spring bouquet?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

Yes, I cant bone her but that doesn't mean I don't want to. Maybe get her an orchid or just a spring bouquet?

the plot thickens...will the gift have some hidden meaning.....or do you just want to give her a thank you gift??
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post


the plot thickens...will the gift have some hidden meaning.....or do you just want to give her a thank you gift??

 

I would never actively seek out sleeping with her, but if the opportunity presented itself, I would seriously consider it.


Anyway, this gift is just a thank you / congrats on new job gift.

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 

So this guy from GQ came over with a few racks of clothes and gave them to me all at wholesale cost. Descent stuff too.

This shouldn't change the value of the gift, so I am going to send her an orchid. Its more unique then flower bouquet.

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

So this guy from GQ came over with a few racks of clothes and gave them to me all at wholesale cost. Descent stuff too.


This shouldn't change the value of the gift, so I am going to give her my jizzunk. Its more unique then flower bouquet.

FTFY..
post #13 of 14

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

 

 

I would never actively seek out sleeping with her, but if the opportunity presented itself, I would seriously consider it.

Oh hohohoho you dog you!
If thats the case, what about perfume! It has a hint of sexuality if you choose to go that route. Just pick whatever its not important, but DO read up on it's specs online. That way you can tell her of all the great aromas, top notes, subtle hints of bla bla bla etc and how you THINK it fits her personality because shes strong, independent, attractive...That way she goes "Awww...he cared enough to personally choose something for me"

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by whochrisliu View Post

Oh hohohoho you dog you!

If thats the case, what about perfume! It has a hint of sexuality if you choose to go that route. Just pick whatever its not important, but DO read up on it's specs online. That way you can tell her of all the great aromas, top notes, subtle hints of bla bla bla etc and how you THINK it fits her personality because shes strong, independent, attractive...That way she goes "Awww...he cared enough to personally choose something for me"

BINGO!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › need a gift recommendation