or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is this suit OKAY for a Business Professional environment?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this suit OKAY for a Business Professional environment?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

http://store-us.hugoboss.com/Extra-Slim-Fit-%E2%80%98Ryan/Win%E2%80%99-Suit/hbna50220023,en_US,pd.html&cgid=211010#!i%3D1%26color%3D410_Navy

 

 

post #2 of 21
For someone young and slim, maybe.
post #3 of 21
1. its cotton, which is awfully casual for a business environment.

2. why do you insist on trying to buy clothes that look painted on? This look may work ok in a fashion advertisement, but its simply not logical, comfortable, or practical for every day work wear.
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

1. its cotton, which is awfully casual for a business environment.
2. why do you insist on trying to buy clothes that look painted on? This look may work ok in a fashion advertisement, but its simply not logical, comfortable, or practical for every day work wear.

I didn't notice it was cotton, in which case I wouldn't advise it for a professional environment.
post #5 of 21
Also, HB is hardly SF approved. At that price point, you can do much better quality wise.
post #6 of 21
Not pro. I also find the jacket length too short, unless it is the proportions of the model they used which is throwing off the balance. A pro suit jacket does not reveal a mans butt.
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Not pro. I also find the jacket length too short, unless it is the proportions of the model they used which is throwing off the balance. A pro suit jacket does not reveal a mans butt.

+1. Would not recommend.
post #8 of 21

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

1. its cotton, which is awfully casual for a business environment.
2. why do you insist on trying to buy clothes that look painted on? This look may work ok in a fashion advertisement, but its simply not logical, comfortable, or practical for every day work wear.

 

Even that is questionable.

post #9 of 21
I wouldn't wear that to work. Perhaps it would work for a fancy night club or something like that. Still, I cant see my self paying 800 for a boss suit.
post #10 of 21
Not in the slightest. Entirely the wrong cut/cloth/style.
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

I also find the jacket length too short.
+1
post #12 of 21

I agree with the jacket being short and it may look good on the model but if you're getting that suit make sure you have a similar built.

post #13 of 21
Totally, no one will bat an eyelid. Now you might be better off with a wool suit that is not as shoddily made but, yeah, would be fine. People here work at IGent inc and have a hissy fit when their colleague wear the wrong shade of magenta ties.
post #14 of 21
They're not going to laugh at you or fire you, but even many non-iGents will have the vague sense that you look ridiculous, puerile, and unprofessional, even if they can't say why.
post #15 of 21

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

They're not going to laugh at you or fire you, but even many non-iGents will have the vague sense that you look ridiculous, puerile, and unprofessional, even if they can't say why.

 

+1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is this suit OKAY for a Business Professional environment?