or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What stuff ruins your vacation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What stuff ruins your vacation? - Page 5

post #61 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

their loudness I can take, but their total lack of understanding what "personal space" is just too fucking much.

Perhaps the understanding and use of "personal space" was strongly discouraged during The Cultural Revolution, as being imperialist and decadent? Same thing with the concept of standing in line/queueing?

Give me a fucking break.
post #62 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Perhaps the understanding and use of "personal space" was strongly discouraged during The Cultural Revolution, as being imperialist and decadent? Same thing with the concept of standing in line/queueing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

*points across your face* Naaaaaar?!

lol... I used to get really pissed with this, but last week on a line in an amusement park in front of a mainlander woman, I realize that the concept is really alien to them, or that they're afraid someone might cut them in line. the lady was (surprisingly) nice and made small talk with us. its just that wnen she does its like how professional fighters face each other during the weigh-in.
post #63 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

my wife is my favorite traveling companion because she's the most flexible to what i want to do, as long as she gets hers eventually. she once agreed to accompany me on a vacation where i drove a car around a track all day on her birthday, as long as the rest of the trip she got what she wanted. of course it's not a perfect situation - we're guaranteed to have a really, really bad fight once during every trip, but we've learned to plan around that happy.gif

I'm pretty lucky, I have literally never had a fight with my wife while on vacation. It's funny too, she really likes to have every detail planned and I tend to wing a lot of stuff, but somehow it works out.
post #64 of 112
img]
post #65 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

I refuse to allow anything to ruin my vacation. The only thing that's fucked it up in the past has been the flu or food poisoning.
What pisses me off and makes the absolute worst travel companion is the one who never has money - you pay for their bills and then have to collect from them after you get back. This makes things very awkward.

Like the one at the bar never having his wallet with him..

Or the one drinking everybody else's rounds and diisappearing quickly when it is his turn..
post #66 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Perhaps the understanding and use of "personal space" was strongly discouraged during The Cultural Revolution, as being imperialist and decadent? Same thing with the concept of standing in line/queueing?

Seriously? They never, ever stand in line properly, spit on the floor, taxi drivers swindle you out of money and are complete assholes. Actually everyone tries to swindle you out of money and are complete assholes.
post #67 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin View Post

Seriously? They never, ever stand in line properly,

Only when they're forced to from what I've seen. The students stand in line properly when waiting to be served in our school restaurant. Only because they're being watched and they will get into trouble if they don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin View Post

spit on the floor, taxi drivers swindle you out of money and are complete assholes.

That's what taxi drivers do anyway isn't it?...whether in Beijing, London or New York. Although Chinese taxis and drivers are particularly obnoxious and dangerous, I usually try and avoid them whenever possible.
post #68 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Only when they're forced to from what I've seen. The students stand in line properly when waiting to be served in our school restaurant. Only because they're being watched and they will get into trouble if they don't.
That's what taxi drivers do anyway isn't it?...whether in Beijing, London or New York. Although Chinese taxis and drivers are particularly obnoxious and dangerous, I usually try and avoid them whenever possible.

Being ripped off by a taxi driver is always a part of great holidays..
post #69 of 112
Not sleeping with a really hot milf. Just found out she now has a kid the right age that it could have been mine. Feels weird.
post #70 of 112
kids.
post #71 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

went on a beach trip once with 9 old school friends. one went home the next day for an emergency, a couple takes fucking afternoon naps, six of them sleeps by 10 pm, and only 2 likes to drink. moral of the story is: choose who you go on a trip with.

13 years ago my wife and I went on a road trip with one of my best friends and her husband. 3 days together in a car and we basically never spoke to each other again. my friends husband, who really is a sweet guy, wanted to listen to old monty python tapes the whole time, insisted on having the car washed every 8 hours or so because he didn't think we could see through the windows, and a few other weird things. the little things just drove us nuts.


basically, I love my vacations - I don't let anybody else get involved in the planning or in the excecution. there is no flexiblity about it. one vacation, one captain. and that works out great.
post #72 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

13 years ago my wife and I went on a road trip with one of my best friends and her husband. 3 days together in a car and we basically never spoke to each other again. my friends husband, who really is a sweet guy, wanted to listen to old monty python tapes the whole time, insisted on having the car washed every 8 hours or so because he didn't think we could see through the windows, and a few other weird things. the little things just drove us nuts.
basically, I love my vacations - I don't let anybody else get involved in the planning or in the excecution. there is no flexiblity about it. one vacation, one captain. and that works out great.

Monty Python tapes all the time?

Must have been painful..
post #73 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post


basically, I love my vacations - I don't let anybody else get involved in the planning or in the excecution. there is no flexiblity about it. one vacation, one captain. and that works out great.
I love my vacations, too. During the day, with only a few exceptions, everybody is on his or her own. We all meet up for dinner and evening activities, but in daytime, each to his/her own.
post #74 of 112
I travel solo as much as possible to avoid shit like what has been posted on these pages...
I have traveled with an ex GF and had a ball. She was up for anything...worked to plan what to do.....etc.

I HATE when people think that I have to plan everything and they act like they never heard of www.google.com!!
Kids that can not behave...
Weather is obvious.
post #75 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

13 years ago my wife and I went on a road trip with one of my best friends and her husband. 3 days together in a car and we basically never spoke to each other again. my friends husband, who really is a sweet guy, wanted to listen to old monty python tapes the whole time, insisted on having the car washed every 8 hours or so because he didn't think we could see through the windows, and a few other weird things. the little things just drove us nuts.
basically, I love my vacations - I don't let anybody else get involved in the planning or in the excecution. there is no flexiblity about it. one vacation, one captain. and that works out great.

Oh, holy cow. Some things are just private, personal pleasures not to be shared with groups. Monty Python ranks highly in that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I love my vacations, too. During the day, with only a few exceptions, everybody is on his or her own. We all meet up for dinner and evening activities, but in daytime, each to his/her own.

Our last vacay was a bit like this once the wife got laid up and stuck in the hotel room. Good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I'm pretty lucky, I have literally never had a fight with my wife while on vacation. It's funny too, she really likes to have every detail planned and I tend to wing a lot of stuff, but somehow it works out.

Every vacay has a fight. Even some road trips have a fight. The weekend before Christmas we did the Houston - SA - Dallas - Houston circuit and we fought upon arrival in every city.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What stuff ruins your vacation?