I'm fairly new to the forums but I am finding this a tremendous resource for people wanting to learn more about clothing and how to dress well. I had no idea about suits until I started reading different threads about suiting.
What I am proposing is a MegaThread that gives the newbie (people like me) a one stop shop to learn about suits. I was thinking of the following to start:
1. Different brands and the different lines within the brand. For example, Ralph Lauren has Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Black Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, etc
2. For each of these levels, information on whether they are fused, half-canvased or canvased (http://artofmanliness.com/2010/02/12/the-art-of-manliness-suit-school-part-i-fused-vs-canvassed-suits/ )
3. Average price for these suits. This information is great for those that 'stumble' upon a great deal.
4. Any comments about these suits (good buy, fits small, don't buy unless it's on sale, etc)
I think this thread would be tremendously helpful to those that have no idea about suits and would also get people a lot more up to speed on the forums so that the same ol' questions aren't asked over and over again.
If you are interested in lending your knowledge for the betterment of the community, please reply to this thread using the following format:
2. Levels within the brand from cheapest to most expensive with average price in parentheses
I will reserve the first 5 replies to this thread to edit responses so that information can be readily accessible at the top of the thread.