or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › hermes belts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

hermes belts - Page 2

post #16 of 77
Their pricing policy is interesting - I bought my belt many years ago for €250, nowadays it retails for almost twice as much.
post #17 of 77
Interesting discussion. The belt with the famous "H" buckle - " eurotrash ", " ugly " and access." only for provincial idiots ".
I am thus " provincial idiot ". This belt - the best choice of all proposals. I say this about the quality of the leather
and about "H" buckle.
Thank you.
post #18 of 77
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys ..

Hermes prices are a joke .. all round really .. which puts me off the brand as I don want to be treated like a mug ..

I typed hermes belt into u tube and got a raft of videos showing people unwrapping them from boxes .. spotty American teenagers who look like they have blown their life savings on them..bit pathetic really ..
post #19 of 77

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandy1 View Post

Thanks guys ..
Hermes prices are a joke .. all round really .. which puts me off the brand as I don want to be treated like a mug ..
I typed hermes belt into u tube and got a raft of videos showing people unwrapping them from boxes .. spotty American teenagers who look like they have blown their life savings on them..bit pathetic really ..

 

I think its just natural when you're having something that we consider as a masterpiece in our life, and behave like 'blown life savings'. its like a guy who appears to be able to buy a Rolex or Patek Philippe for the first time, an euphoria

 

Hermes have successfully transform itself into a status symbol, hence their price elevated at such into a level that they shall be acknowledged as a status symbol. if they sells it for £30, Hermes will lost their status symbol flags and became just another guy in the fashion business

 

the problem is, nouveau riche and douchebag tend to use Hermes (especially the imposing 'H' lines) for their show-off piece, just simply to say 'Hey I'm able to buy this', together with their BMW 3-serie or Benz C-Klasse

post #20 of 77

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardgs View Post

 

the problem is, nouveau riche and douchebag tend to use Hermes (especially the imposing 'H' lines) for their show-off piece, just simply to say 'Hey I'm able to buy this', together with their BMW 3-serie or Benz C-Klasse

 

and if I use "S-Klasse" - what is my diagnosis?    nest.gif

 

& is it "the problem is.."? perhaps it's just "the thing is.."?  

 

dear guys, don't be so peremptory, many people just like brand Hermes in general and this belt in particular. that's all. Peace! )

post #21 of 77
Hermes quality is among the best. I like a lot of its goods, but nothing with a visible logo.
post #22 of 77
Hermes is hardly alone in pricing its goods stratospherically to guarantee exclusivity. in fact, almost all consumer goods industries and many services have their own examples. in the clothing industry, SF darlings like Kiton and Edward Green employ precisely the same strategy.

at least with Hermes you would be buying a leather item that can stake its claim to be the best/highest quality that money can buy. better than labels like Prada where you're buying garbage quality. this forum loves to fixate on a big obnoxious H buckle that is only one out of 10-15 other designs that I have seen Hermes make. if you would like the quality of Hermes but don't want to be flashy or associated with obnoxious nouveau riche, it is very possible. research on the innernets or the retail store is free.
post #23 of 77

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobender View Post

The H belts are overpriced in an effort to keep the status or allure of owning one high. I love the leather, the fact they are reversible, and even some of the buckles are cool. But I don't really find them appropriate in most settings....too showy.

 

doesn't the leather on one side wrinkle when worn mostly one way? no matter how high quality the leather might be.

post #24 of 77

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post

 

 

and if I use "S-Klasse" - what is my diagnosis?    nest.gif

 

& is it "the problem is.."? perhaps it's just "the thing is.."?  

 

dear guys, don't be so peremptory, many people just like brand Hermes in general and this belt in particular. that's all. Peace! )

 

 

there's a two different things between 'like the brand' or 'using the brand'

 

when you like it, you'll buy it because quality or the technology of reversible leather

when you're using it, you buy because people will say that you're rich enough to have big H

 

v

v

v

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Hermes is hardly alone in pricing its goods stratospherically to guarantee exclusivity. in fact, almost all consumer goods industries and many services have their own examples. in the clothing industry, SF darlings like Kiton and Edward Green employ precisely the same strategy.
at least with Hermes you would be buying a leather item that can stake its claim to be the best/highest quality that money can buy. better than labels like Prada where you're buying garbage quality. this forum loves to fixate on a big obnoxious H buckle that is only one out of 10-15 other designs that I have seen Hermes make. if you would like the quality of Hermes but don't want to be flashy or associated with obnoxious nouveau riche, it is very possible. research on the innernets or the retail store is free.

 

+1. there's a trend for people to buy 'H' lines because they want to be known that they're able to buy one, the other lines, lesser known are not favoured because... people will not recognize it instantly

post #25 of 77
The leather is the best I've ever felt. They have a lot of different buckle options (try the "domino") that have no branding whatsoever, so you don't have to worry about that. The non-"H" belts are usually a little less, like $690, if that makes you feel better. Obviously, if you're buying one of these belts you should be rolling in cash, otherwise, way overkill.
post #26 of 77
Check out www.bettinardiltd.com- he carries April in Paris and some other top notch brands that are on the same level as Hermes.
post #27 of 77
Hermès man, the source for all things Hermès.
post #28 of 77
They can piece their belt for 3k and an idiot is bound to purchase it. That said, the leather is great and the stitching is professional.
post #29 of 77

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

The leather is the best I've ever felt. They have a lot of different buckle options (try the "domino") that have no branding whatsoever, so you don't have to worry about that. The non-"H" belts are usually a little less, like $690, if that makes you feel better. Obviously, if you're buying one of these belts you should be rolling in cash, otherwise, way overkill.

 

Yep

post #30 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

The leather is the best I've ever felt. They have a lot of different buckle options (try the "domino") that have no branding whatsoever, so you don't have to worry about that. The non-"H" belts are usually a little less, like $690, if that makes you feel better. Obviously, if you're buying one of these belts you should be rolling in cash, otherwise, way overkill.

If it doesn't have visible 'H' branding on it, how are people supposed to know you're wearing such an expensive belt?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › hermes belts