or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Is it just Americans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is it just Americans - Page 11

post #151 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by whomewhat
"(But you can't and won't because guys like you have got to have the last word. Let's see how long it takes you to draft a response this time.)"

You're too funny! You have not only responded to me, but you have responded to the others already, too!

And the spelling? Let me just grab a few of yours for you:

Viet Nam = Vietnam

Pickng = picking

casn't = can't or cannot

neighbours = neighbors

moneky = monkey

beng = being

Never a good idea to bring up spelling when you, yourself, cannot spell. Personally, I understand that people make mistakes in posts because they are simply in a hurry. I am not sure I would even call that a spelling error, rather, a simple typo, but you chose to criticize the other member for spelling so . . .

I am sorry, but their is just no way you are 34 years old. Admit it . . you are 19 or 20, as was suggested elsewhere, because do you really want people believing that a 34 year old is this immature?

By the way, a fact is something that is not in dispute or is supported by independent evidence. You have provided no facts relating to anything you have said. That is not to say that some of what you have said may or may not be true, just that you have not provided evidence to support it. I have.

One final thought on your superior intellect:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."


Interesting quote. Not sure how it applies to me, as I am charitable. If you are going to try and sound learned by standing on the shoulders of giants and posting a seemingly impressive quote, you should make it a relevant one. You should also give the source their due.

For example, any one of your posts in this thread could be described as:

a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
--- Shakespeare (Macbeth, Act 5, scene 5)


I think your quote speaks more about you than it does me, since you seem to have taken offense to what you see as my bashing of America, but have chosen not to forgive me (though I do not ask as much.)

charity- leniency in judging others; forbearance, benevolent feeling, esp. toward those in need or in disfavor.(Dictionary.com, but American Heritage Dictionary also gives this as a definition.)

Wasn't I supposed to respond to GT? Do you even know how many posts we have exchanged on other threads? I happen to respect the man enough to address his posts directed towards myself, and that is wrong? The real question is: What business is it of yours?

The answer is: You had nothing else to slag me with, so you picked on my spelling. You are correct, I made mistakes. I was in a hurry, and I did not check my spelling, which I usualy do. Being a published writer, you have no idea how much my own spelling errors bother me.

Neighbour is spelled the Canadian way (like colour, for example.) Again, just because something does not conform to your standards does not make it wrong. Funny how a guy who resents people calling Americans arrogant or self-centred (Canadian spelling) is arrogant and self-centred enough to think his way of spelling something is the only way. Proving the OP correct again?

Our language has French influence, as well as that of traditional English, so our spelling can differ from yours. That's why Microsoft products have the options of American English and Canadian English. My spacing of numbers is done for the same reason (100 000, instead of 100,00, for example.) I go back and forth bewtween the two at times, since I chat with so many Americans on here, and my writing was carried in the US as well as overseas.


You're correct about facts in that they have to be true. When you said that you only post facts and then conjectured that Canadians would come running to you when terrorist attacks did happen, (which you are sure of...do you know something we don't?) you contradicted yourself. Snce you never addressed this, I take it you admit it, or choose to ignore it, since you cannot refute it. I also asked if you guys would actually wait until we asked, knowing we helped you guys out without being asked or giving it a second thought. Again, no response.

Here are some stats to back up some things I said, since you don't like believing people who say things you don't care to hear or admit: (in regards to comments I made about higher murder rate and violent crime rate in US. Notice we burn more and steal more cars on the whole. "Take cars, not lives.")


\t Canada\t United States
\t Real terms\tRate(1) \tReal terms\tRate(1)
Homicide\t 542\t1.8\t 15,517\t 5.5
Aggravated assault(2)\t43,933\t 143\t 910,744\t 324
Robbery\t 27,012 88\t 407,842 145
Break and enter\t 293,416 954\t 2,049,946 728
Motor vehicle theft\t 160,268 521\t 1,165,559 414
Other theft\t 683,997 2,224\t 6,965,957 2,475
Arson\t 13,724\t45\t 78,280\t 32

1\tRates are per 100,000 population.
2\tFor comparison purposes, the Canadian category of aggravated assault includes attempted murder, assault with a weapon and aggravated assault.


I had a graph, too, but it wouldn't paste. Besides, you get the point. If you think you made these numbers up, I'll hunt down the link and post it for you.

Anyway, in conclusion, after all was said and done, your only reply was that I made spelling mistakes. I won't proof read your posts, since your spelling doesn't bother me as much as your lack of ability to hold an intelligent debate does. I know your crack about me needing the last word was made so that I didn't respond to your feeble post, but no such luck. Even guys like you get the courtesy of a response.

PS. Check my spelling on this post, and let me know where I messed up. I have a dinner meeting to go to, and it will save me time knowing you're doing it for me.
post #152 of 165
Interesting enough thread. Being at work, I tend to gloss over the longer posts as I need to get through a thread within a 5-minute break. I don't know any of the military statistics that support mass-murdering past or future, so I can't really make much meaningful contribution. But I will say:

'Viet Nam' is entirely appropriate spelling for the country's name if you don't have the accents on your keyboard; 'neighbours' is also correct. Put some of that world wisdom to a non-military use.
post #153 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSica
Interesting quote. Not sure how it applies to me, as I am charitable.

You had nothing else to slag me with, so you picked on my spelling.

Not a surprise that you do not understand how it applies to you.

"Charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked . . ."

1 Corinthians Chapter 13, all inclusive.

You, sir, are the antithesis of charity.

Also, how like you to misquote me, again. I said:

"Never a good idea to bring up spelling when you, yourself, cannot spell. Personally, I understand that people make mistakes in posts because they are simply in a hurry. I am not sure I would even call that a spelling error, rather, a simple typo, but you chose to criticize the other member for spelling so . . . "

You were the one who attacked another member for his misspelling, which I thought was rather childish. I explained that I understood how people make such mistakes, you admit as much, but it was you who were attacking the content of the other members position because of what were clearly typos. It never mattered to me, it mattered to YOU! Why then, given your own stated position at the time, would it be inappropriate to point out your mistakes? Can you not even remember what you wrote just a few short hours ago? Or do you have a split personality and your other half writes things that you are unaware of?

I am certain that one of your self-proclaimed superior intellect is familiar with, in one form or another, the phrase: "Tearing down another’s reputation or character never builds or betters our own." You seem to thrive on putting down everything and anything having to do with the country I love so dearly, The United States of America. Are you incapable of promoting what is good about your country, Canada, without tearing down mine?

I found a similar tactic employed by those who oppose my particular religious faith. Rather than tell me why their faith is worthy of my interest, of further investigation, instead, they spend all of their time telling me what is wrong with my faith, finding fault here, there, and everywhere. Is their own faith and belief system so weak that it cannot stand on its own merits? You will never have to give up anything true that you have learned because of my different belief system. I have no quarrels with other churches or religious beliefs. I am not in the business of tearing down other people’s faith, but, on the contrary, my purpose is to build it up, whatever it might be.

I have been to Canada 4 times in the last 5 years. I could spend an entire day writing about all of the incredibly good things their are to enjoy in Canada. I could tell you dozens of stories about exceptionally good people I met, acts of kindness they performed for my family and I. Is it possible for you to express admiration for the accomplishments or character traits of Canadians without putting down Americans?

As to my failure to properly cite the source of the quote I used regarding charity? I did put it in quotations and some things are so completely self-evident that sourcing is not necessary, which was the case here. That said, and again, it is quite hypocritical of you to make this an issue when you fail to cite a single source for any of the unending, but completely useless, statistics you feel justify your very existance.

Nothing to "slag you with?" You are Caeser, as represented in "The Gladiator" by the pathetic figure laying face down on the ground in the coliseum. Even after stabbing Maximus to gain the advantage, as he saw it, he was still unable to defeat him and died, a pitiful spectacle, unaware of his own pathetic smallness. You are so deserving of contempt that you have frustrated my ability to even pity you.

I love Canada, and Canadians, but I rather dislike you, not so much because of the things you have said, but rather, because of the things I have said in response. I hate that I am unable to restrain myself when it comes to your vitriol. I used to be better than this and I am immensely disappointed in what I have become recently, in relation to this forum. I can only surmise that having my sons in harms way while providing service to their country, my concern for their well being, has somehow triggered this uncontrolable need to defend through words what they are defending with their lives.

I do not seek to tear down any other country, certainly not Canada. I recognize the good they do and the goodness of their people. I have worked with some of them on many undertakings. I will continue to do so. I acknowledge that we could not accomplish what we need to do without the help of other nations. I have always sought to improve the world by trying to change the hearts of individuals who oppose us, hate us, despise all that we are. I am done with this particular thread, and you. Say what you will about me or about my country, but I am done fighting a war of words that can only promote further hatred.
post #154 of 165
Neg me mofos!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #155 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity View Post
If you dare point out rudeness or stupidity, they become instantly confrontational.

What? I just called your a fat boorish retard. Why are you angry at me? As for no passports? It's not like there's some neighboring country that's a comfy train-ride away. Americans flying across the pond can expect to spend at least a few grand on the trip. Sure, you could go to Canada, but what's the point? Mostly, it's just more of the same. For a while, you didn't even need a passport to go to Mexico.
post #156 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
I guess you haven't been out of the country because there are plenty of ugly, loud, annoying people out in the world. No matter where you go. So you may as well shoot yourself now.
That's one reason why I chose to come to rural Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia instead of Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong. To get away from the likes of that. NO Americans or other foreigners here at all.
post #157 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
What? I just called your a fat boorish retard. Why are you angry at me? As for no passports? It's not like there's some neighboring country that's a comfy train-ride away. Americans flying across the pond can expect to spend at least a few grand on the trip. Sure, you could go to Canada, but what's the point? Mostly, it's just more of the same. For a while, you didn't even need a passport to go to Mexico.
The best thing about arguing with people who were banned years ago is never having to worry about a scathing comeback.
post #158 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
What? I just called your a fat boorish retard. Why are you angry at me? As for no passports? It's not like there's some neighboring country that's a comfy train-ride away. Americans flying across the pond can expect to spend at least a few grand on the trip. Sure, you could go to Canada, but what's the point? Mostly, it's just more of the same. For a while, you didn't even need a passport to go to Mexico.

This is utterly hilarious. You're arguing with a four-year-old post, made by a banned member (who was awesome, by the way).
post #159 of 165
^I am of the opinion that vanity still lurks among us.
post #160 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
^I am of the opinion that vanity still lurks among us.
Vanity = Don Carlos.
post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
People in general are disgusting. You'll find that everywhere.

This.
post #162 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Vanity = Don Carlos.

This is the same conclusion I came to awhile ago.
post #163 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity View Post
I'm an American. I love living here. But for the most part Americans repulse me. I quit going to free concerts and outdoor events b/c of the slime that crawls out of the woodwork and mills about, ruining life. I've had to switch gyms 3 times b/c anything costing less than $60/mo seems to be full of idiot trash. I have no desire to go on a cruise with other Americans or even vacation in typical American resort b/c it'll surely be annoyed with loud, rude, obnoxious, fat Neanderthals. If you dare point out rudeness or stupidity, they become instantly confrontational.
Such people are everywhere.

This is why there is a market for super yachts, personal jets, and private islands.
post #164 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Vanity = Don Carlos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
This is the same conclusion I came to awhile ago.

I disagree, but you two may be right. Vanity just seemed more genuine than ABDC.
post #165 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
This is utterly hilarious. You're arguing with a four-year-old post, made by a banned member (who was awesome, by the way).

I bubbled back up to the top. Can't tell me you guys aren't sometimes suckered into a necro.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Is it just Americans