or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 29

post #421 of 3002

When is the next Oakstreet x SF custom collab gonna come? Reiterating my vote for loden suede. 

post #422 of 3002
Yes ^
post #423 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

I will hold on my boot purchase until I see this, for sure.  

The boots show up on GQ. Do a google search of Oak street GQ for photos and you will see them. It says he is doing a captoe and plain. Geroge, please correct me is I am wrong, They will look similar to the Johnson boot, Yuketen Makes.
post #424 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

The boots show up on GQ. Do a google search of Oak street GQ for photos and you will see them. It says he is doing a captoe and plain. Geroge, please correct me is I am wrong, They will look similar to the Johnson boot, Yuketen Makes.

Link

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2012/01/more-project-picks-oak-street-bootmakers-tall-boot.html
post #425 of 3002

got a pair of olive loafers waiting at the house. 40% off from lands end icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #426 of 3002
Thread Starter 

Gotta say,
I don't think these are anything like the Johnson boot (but I guess you could say any workboot looks like another). This is a true beast. The photo on GQ was a very early sample. The final version is tough. True Goodyear Welt construction and built to take a beating. TJ at Independence is wear testing them - they're looking great.
post #427 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

got a pair of olive loafers waiting at the house. 40% off from lands end icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

How... They would not let me apply thew discount.
post #428 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

Gotta say,
I don't think these are anything like the Johnson boot (but I guess you could say any workboot looks like another). This is a true beast. The photo on GQ was a very early sample. The final version is tough. True Goodyear Welt construction and built to take a beating. TJ at Independence is wear testing them - they're looking great.

Hi George, I meant no disrespect. I do agree it is very hard to differ one self from the competitors, it is in the detail... Everyone of you guys, Quoddy, Yuketen, Rancourt, Russell, make a simialr product, all will have same the stuff go wrong, wether it be delays in new products, issues from not doing quality checks so on and so forth. But it will be the little details in your shoes and what type of Customer Service you provide. You started out making a MOC Toe and Now want to make boots and there will be a lot of similarites if not to Yuketen than eventually to ALDEN...

I hope that makes sense... If you want to talk more hit me up on IM.
post #429 of 3002
There of course will be similarities, but if I had to pick one today, I'd most def go with OSB...

Can't wait to see the final result. Been excited since I saw pics of the early sample...
post #430 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc4thehc View Post

There of course will be similarities, but if I had to pick one today, I'd most def go with OSB...
Can't wait to see the final result. Been excited since I saw pics of the early sample...

I like OSB for Certain things but then I like Rancourt.... Rancourt can make you anything you want it could look Identical to OSB down to the Overcast or Yuketen or Quoddy... So OSB if you love the shoe as is and Honestly I am sure George puts a lot of thought into it so its hard, not to love them... But lets say you love everything but the eyelet or the color of the Welt.. or you want a different overcast...
post #431 of 3002
Last thing then Im done, as you can see from my signature I have a lot of shoes...., I have three pairs of OSB... I had a fourth for a few days and am in the process of returning it... But I would never sell the three OSB I have...
post #432 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

Hey,
Sorry for the delay =)
This is off the top of my head, so i'll edit if I remember more =)
Levi's Neighborhood stores
Dunderdon SoHo (Oak Street full Shop In Shop coming in approx 1 week)
Dunderdon Portland
Stuart & Wright Brooklyn (some exclusives landing next week)
Land's End Canvas
Lost & Found Canada
Independence Chicago
Trunk Club Chicago (several exclusives)
Carters Brooklyn
Kafka UK
Free / Man Canada
End Clothing Co UK
Graham Fowler - coming SS12
Mansway Korea
United Arrows Japan
Journal Standard Japan
(lots of boutiques in Japan)

Don't forget French Trotters in Paris. I was there this past week and they had a couple pairs of the trail oxfords on display.
post #433 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

How... They would not let me apply thew discount.

yeah curious on how this worked
post #434 of 3002
Thread Starter 
^ You're right! I forgot about French Trotters!

Also - no coupon codes will work on our shoes with Land's End Canvas - since our shoes do not go on sale. If a coupon code worked, it was a temporary fluke.
post #435 of 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

Also - no coupon codes will work on our shoes with Land's End Canvas - since our shoes do not go on sale. If a coupon code worked, it was a temporary fluke.

 

this. the latest sale didnt have the exception noted for OSB. I told the chat guy what I was trying to purchase and he told me to process the order and send him the order #..he then credited me the difference (and immediately had the person in charge of the website update all the OSB offerings to not apply).. I wouldnt have been upset if he told me in the chat that it didnt apply, but figured I'd ask since it didnt specify at the time..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread