or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 2988
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkusmant View Post

maybe George, you can create mockup shoes/boots for us to visualize the design?
While that'd be ideal, it's not practical to make a bunch of samples for the ideas we come up. Don't worry - I'll chime in if we come up with something that won't look great =)

***Update - I'm heading over to Horween in a little bit to get some ideas and look for leather for you guys. Alright - so far i've got this - looking for texture, something with reddish tones potentially - anything else you want me to look for?
post #152 of 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post


***Update - I'm heading over to Horween in a little bit to get some ideas and look for leather for you guys. Alright - so far i've got this - looking for texture, something with reddish tones potentially - anything else you want me to look for?

that sounds good to me. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #153 of 2988

I'm really interested in getting the Navy Suede Oxford but am unsure of the sizing and how its affected in the long term. Is it something that gets a bit loose as it you break it in? This being my first top-end shoe, I have no idea what to expect...

post #154 of 2988
Thread Starter 
^Hey Sky - just got your email! Reply sent!
post #155 of 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

^Hey Sky - just got your email! Reply sent!

Thanks for the quick reply!

post #156 of 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

While that'd be ideal, it's not practical to make a bunch of samples for the ideas we come up. Don't worry - I'll chime in if we come up with something that won't look great =)
***Update - I'm heading over to Horween in a little bit to get some ideas and look for leather for you guys. Alright - so far i've got this - looking for texture, something with reddish tones potentially - anything else you want me to look for?

Being based in Chicago has some excellent advantages.
post #157 of 2988
ya'll should just do a buck shoe with a red brick sole in natural chromexcel (I guess this would be a blucher?), leather lined.
post #158 of 2988
Thread Starter 
Just got here! http://t.co/30Z151Uz
post #159 of 2988
Thread Starter 
Found some cherry over run that I had used for Oi Polloi!
http://t.co/d3epONYZ
post #160 of 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyZero View Post

I'm really interested in getting the Navy Suede Oxford but am unsure of the sizing and how its affected in the long term. Is it something that gets a bit loose as it you break it in? This being my first top-end shoe, I have no idea what to expect...
George correct me if I am wrong but for the laced models, go with your trubalance/barrie size which is 1/2 down from brannock
for the laceless models-e.g. penny loafers, 1 full size down from brannock or 1/2 size down from tb/barrie lasts.
post #161 of 2988
I was just thinking of getting a navy trail oxford but this cherrry leather got me waiting
post #162 of 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

Found some cherry over run that I had used for Oi Polloi!
http://t.co/d3epONYZ

Awesome! How ironic is that? So that is essentially the "leftover" from the earlier (special?) run they made for you? Does that mean there is only a small quantity?
post #163 of 2988
Thread Starter 
^not a ton but enough. Any ideas of what we do with it?
post #164 of 2988
if it's enough to make to part of the shoes that'd can a good color for any two-tone

or SF-limited accessories? like key chain, wallet, belts, etc...
post #165 of 2988

Trail oxford with a black sole?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

^not a ton but enough. Any ideas of what we do with it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread