or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 82

post #1216 of 2975
What's the SF free shipping code? I want to pick up the Trench Chukka's bad!
post #1217 of 2975
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

What's the SF free shipping code? I want to pick up the Trench Chukka's bad!
Hey Spencer! No code - just email info at oakstreetbootmakers dot com with your order number after placing the order and let Tony know you are a SF member - easy as that!
post #1218 of 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post


Hey Spencer! No code - just email info at oakstreetbootmakers dot com with your order number after placing the order and let Tony know you are a SF member - easy as that!


You are a great man.

post #1219 of 2975

my pair is sitting at my doorstep! Looking forward to getting home and checking them out

post #1220 of 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

my pair is sitting at my doorstep! Looking forward to getting home and checking them out

Hope they're still there when you get home lol8[1].gif sorry, that's always my fear with big purchases. Drop us some fit pics when you get a sec, and wear em in good health!
post #1221 of 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakStreetBootmakers View Post

Hey Spencer! No code - just email info at oakstreetbootmakers dot com with your order number after placing the order and let Tony know you are a SF member - easy as that!

Awesome, will do biggrin.gif
post #1222 of 2975
My Clarks are officially busted so I decided to buy some trench boots. The website was out of size 7.5 but fortunately context still had some in stock. Can't wait for them to get here!
post #1223 of 2975
Just got my pair of beefroll penny loafers yesterday. The construction and materials are awesome, but I have a question on sizing. I'm afraid I might have sized down too far and wanted to know how much stretch I can expect and what the break-in is like.

I can get my pair on with thin socks, but it's definitely tight in the width and caused some blisters/pain walking around the house for a few hours. Should I stick with these and try to break them in more or exchange for a half size larger?
post #1224 of 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by REParola View Post

Just got my pair of beefroll penny loafers yesterday. The construction and materials are awesome, but I have a question on sizing. I'm afraid I might have sized down too far and wanted to know how much stretch I can expect and what the break-in is like.

I can get my pair on with thin socks, but it's definitely tight in the width and caused some blisters/pain walking around the house for a few hours. Should I stick with these and try to break them in more or exchange for a half size larger?

 

Mine were absolutely brutal to break in.  I will go up a width next time.  I tried on a half size larger and it was too long for me.

 

What size dress shoe do you normally wear and what size did you buy?  Can you feel the end of the insole with your toes?

post #1225 of 2975
My Trench Oxford arrive today and I took a couple of quick shots. Ordered my usual size 10D and they fit fine.

Just a great looking and comfortable pair of shoes. Couldn't be more please.




I thank everyone at Oak Street. Have a great summer!
post #1226 of 2975

Here are my black CXL trenches:

 

 

I have the luxury of living in Madison and was able to try them on in the Context store.

Overall impressions:

- beautiful boots - love that leather

- quite comfortable right out of the box - plenty wide enough for my somewhat wide feet

- leather sole takes some getting used to - I might eventually get a half sole, but I need to find a decent cobbler since the last one I used butchered a RW resole.

- Overall couldn't be happier with these - they just exude quality. Heck, they even smell great!

post #1227 of 2975

Just want to add to the general conversation what a wonderful experience I have had with Oak Street's customer service.  My trench boot that I had for about a month started to squeak a bit when walking (apparently a loose shank?).  Sent the boots in and got them fixed - better than new.  I guess what was so impressive to me (besides their quick responses to e-mails, updates, etc.) was the fact that the boot could be fixed and not just replaced.

 

I was on the fence for a while about spending so much money on a pair of shoes, but the fact that these shoes can be taken apart and put back together again (truly better than new, when you've got new soles with the same broken in leather) has made me a believer in the quality craftsmanship that these guys are all about.  So much so, in fact, that I went ahead and bought a pair of trail oxfords from Independence today.  

 

If you've been debating on whether you should spend the money, just know that you're getting top-notch customer service and a shoe that will last.  Not to mention that when I put them on after getting them back, my wife walked in and said, "you know, those boots really are bad ass."

 

Great work, Oak Street.

 

Harrison

post #1228 of 2975
Definetly props to Oak St for their customer service, spoke to Tony today, ordered a pair of Trench Chukkas. Can't wait to get them.

Anyone else use shoe trees in the chukkas?
post #1229 of 2975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post

Here are my black CXL trenches:




I have the luxury of living in Madison and was able to try them on in the Context store.
Overall impressions:
- beautiful boots - love that leather
- quite comfortable right out of the box - plenty wide enough for my somewhat wide feet
- leather sole takes some getting used to - I might eventually get a half sole, but I need to find a decent cobbler since the last one I used butchered a RW resole.
- Overall couldn't be happier with these - they just exude quality. Heck, they even smell great!

Beautiful boots! Love em in black.

Can you compare the size on these to other shoes/boots you own (eg Alden's, RW Heritage, Converse Allstars, Clark's desert boots)? You find em to fit TTS as suggested? Also, you find these best worn with boot socks or something thinner? Appreciate your input
post #1230 of 2975
Any more info on that shell trench boot collab. Shouldn't be spending money but it has me intrigued.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread