or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 482

post #7216 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
You DO have the tire on the ground, right? I have a friend that tried to loosen lug nuts after jacking up the tire.

Absolutely. WD40 didn't do anything, nor did a tire iron (was using an L-shaped one before).
post #7217 of 66587
I wound up calling a tow since my insurance covered it. The burly tow dude had the same reaction others in this thread did when I said the lug nuts wouldn't budge. He went at it and nearly ripped the tire off, but no budging. I didn't feel so bad after this massive guy with "Big Daddy" tattooed on his forearm proved to be no match for the might lug nuts.
post #7218 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
I wound up calling a tow since my insurance covered it. The burly tow dude had the same reaction others in this thread did when I said the lug nuts wouldn't budge. He went at it and nearly ripped the tire off, but no budging. I didn't feel so bad after this massive guy with "Big Daddy" tattooed on his forearm proved to be no match for the might lug nuts.

Damn.

Usually at that point I bust out the cheater bar: a 1/2" flex-handle wrench, with an added 4' of galvanized pipe large enough to slip over the handle. Although if your lug-nuts are well and truly seized, a blowtorch might be called-for.
post #7219 of 66587
I would've explored other alternatives, but didn't want the car to be sitting much long on a flat at that point.
post #7220 of 66587
^^ fair enough.

new direction: I got a letter from the state today, notifying us that we have been selected for a state sales tax audit. This is not new, but apparently they have new incentive to rake businesses over the coals. Fortunately I think we're completely in compliance, but I still have to check my documentation to avoid or mitigate any nasty surprises.

yay me.
post #7221 of 66587
I am sort of in the process of become sick. My immune system is fighting off the major symptoms so I just get these really strange ones. Suddenly my right nostril is clogged. Hours later my left one instead. This morning my throat hurt and I thought I was screwed. Then it just stopped. It's like my cold is mocking me..
post #7222 of 66587
I have a big presentation set up in Australia. I've been setting it up for months. there is a very good reason why I have to do it, and not somebody else. there are dozens of people from all over australia coming.

I have been asked to do a presentation, on the exact same day, for a sales meeting of a large organization that covers all of south america - an area that I really need to improve my coverage and I have been lobbying to be invited to present at this meeting, before the date was set. there is no way to change either day, and nobody else to do the presenantations. so now I have to decide what to do.


really pissed off.
post #7223 of 66587
How much do you stand to lose if somebody else does the Aussie presentation in your place? If the sum total is greater than the business you'd drum up from the S.Am trip, head to the outback. If not, send a lackie and go to S.Am yourself.
post #7224 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
I have a big presentation set up in Australia. I've been setting it up for months. there is a very good reason why I have to do it, and not somebody else. there are dozens of people from all over australia coming.

I have been asked to do a presentation, on the exact same day, for a sales meeting of a large organization that covers all of south america - an area that I really need to improve my coverage and I have been lobbying to be invited to present at this meeting, before the date was set. there is no way to change either day, and nobody else to do the presenantations. so now I have to decide what to do.


really pissed off.

It's settled, you need a clone.
post #7225 of 66587
My stuff isn't selling...
post #7226 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionology View Post
It's settled, you need a clone.

Connemara.
post #7227 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
^^ fair enough.

new direction: I got a letter from the state today, notifying us that we have been selected for a state sales tax audit. This is not new, but apparently they have new incentive to rake businesses over the coals. Fortunately I think we're completely in compliance, but I still have to check my documentation to avoid or mitigate any nasty surprises.

yay me.

And so, being the head tax nerd and all, if something is fucked up, it's all your fault and the boss gets to form an angry mob with pitchforks and axes and come to your house?
post #7228 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
How much do you stand to lose if somebody else does the Aussie presentation in your place? If the sum total is greater than the business you'd drum up from the S.Am trip, head to the outback. If not, send a lackie and go to S.Am yourself.

yeah, in the end I'll have to make a decision, it just pisses me off to have to make the choice.
post #7229 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
And so, being the head tax nerd and all, if something is fucked up, it's all your fault and the boss gets to form an angry mob with pitchforks and axes and come to your house?

Not if I can blame someone else. Preferably someone in power.
post #7230 of 66587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Not if I can blame someone else. Preferably someone in power.
Bernie Madoff?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.