or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 4138

post #62056 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

90% of my mother's side of the family lives within a 100 mile radius but they get together maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

My entire family lives within spitting distance (1 mile) and I have seen or spoken to 90% of them in years, as I can't stand them I'm a complete dick.

 

FTFY.

post #62057 of 64950
Nah a lot of shit went down and I walked away instead going ape shit.
post #62058 of 64950
I'm not close at all with any of my extended family and it sucks. Dad's side because of a family feud over a business and all the associated financial bickering that's associated with such drama. Mom's side just because I never grew up with or near them.

No cool uncles or aunts, no cousins to hang out with, nothing.

frown.gif
post #62059 of 64950

Considering my parents are baby boomers, I have an extremely small family (dad was an only child and mom only has one sister). Oh, and I live 2200 miles from my parents (Nashville) and extended family (Pittsburgh), and 3000 miles from my brother (Portland, ME). I rarely see any of them, except in the instance of a funeral. It kind of sucks, because I want to be closer to all of them. Although, I suppose on the bright side it really keeps the drama to a minimum.

post #62060 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I'm not close at all with any of my extended family and it sucks. Dad's side because of a family feud over a business and all the associated financial bickering that's associated with such drama. Mom's side just because I never grew up with or near them.

No cool uncles or aunts, no cousins to hang out with, nothing.

frown.gif

frown.gif me too. plus half of them are in the motherland. the green frog's family is pretty accepting and fun to hang out with so it kind of makes up for it
post #62061 of 64950
Majority of SFers have mommy issues. Shocker.
post #62062 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

frown.gif me too. plus half of them are in the motherland. the green frog's family is pretty accepting and fun to hang out with so it kind of makes up for it

I'm glad my family has welcomed you with open arms.







Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fucker.

frown.gif
post #62063 of 64950
Moving anxiety. I have a few friends lined up to help, but what if they bail? Should I bite the bullet and hire movers?
post #62064 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Moving anxiety. I have a few friends lined up to help, but what if they bail? Should I bite the bullet and hire movers?

If they bail...they ain't friends.
post #62065 of 64950
there are two features of the current generation of cars that annoy me. to the point that if i buy a new car, they are deactivated even before i leave the dealer parking lot.

the first one is where the lights stay on after you leave the car and lock it. i hate it because i'm like "so, is this ever going to turn off???" and end up hanging around until the fucking lights turn off

the second is the damn auto engine off function when you stop the car. does anyone have this on? the gas saved is completely not worth the annoyance. plus i'm sure the starter wears out faster. i know that a lot of cars are leased and maybe the first owner will never have to worry about it, but that starter will be toast after a few years
post #62066 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Moving anxiety. I have a few friends lined up to help, but what if they bail? Should I bite the bullet and hire movers?

Movers are the biggest rip off, especially for you and your futon and inflatable mattress on the floor of your apartment.
post #62067 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Then again you need to be a good shot to hurt anybody with a .22.

 

I can assure you that this is not the case. 

post #62068 of 64950
Lol. It's a third floor walkup, narrow stairs, narrow doorways, and I have a monster leather couch that belongs in a McMansion. I can picture someone falling or blowing out one of the paper thin walls with a wrong turn.
post #62069 of 64950
Pivot! Pivot!
post #62070 of 64950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

there are two features of the current generation of cars that annoy me. to the point that if i buy a new car, they are deactivated even before i leave the dealer parking lot.

the first one is where the lights stay on after you leave the car and lock it. i hate it because i'm like "so, is this ever going to turn off???" and end up hanging around until the fucking lights turn off

the second is the damn auto engine off function when you stop the car. does anyone have this on? the gas saved is completely not worth the annoyance. plus i'm sure the starter wears out faster. i know that a lot of cars are leased and maybe the first owner will never have to worry about it, but that starter will be toast after a few years

For me it's the racket if you don't use your safety belt. I never wear it on the way in to work as I hate to start my day with a wrinkle across my chest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.