or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 4137

post #62041 of 70139
My mom drove to my college campus when I was in school because I wasn't picking up my phone because I was in class. She was in my dorm banging on doors.
post #62042 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

My mom drove to my college campus when I was in school because I wasn't picking up my phone because I was in class. She was in my dorm banging on doors.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That is epic.
post #62043 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The key to happiness: expect less from people.
That's my mother. When it was really cold out this winter she would call me at 5am frantically telling me to make sure I dress warm.

Also she emails me every morning at work these huge essays of family gossip. If I don't email back immediately with the same intensity of opinions as hers she flips out.

usually the women around me get overly sensitive either when they're hungry or it's that time of the month. just have to deal with it
post #62044 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

There's this skateboard shop that I drive past everyday and I decided to check it out (my older brother was almost a professional skateboarder in the late 80's) and he's always talking about opening a shop of his own in San Francisco.

The second I walked in I felt ancient , teens/tweens walking/rolling around on boards around inside shopping for clothes and what not. Surprisingly they had a huge Disc Golf section, and unsurprisingly a large marijuana paraphernalia section so instead of leaving I looked around.

I'm in my mid 30's but damn I felt so out of place in there.

 

You pretty much had to be talking about Utopia, since the mid '80s it's been the only headshop in that part of the state. It was a headshop first, then morphed into whatever it is these days.

 

Imagine how old you would feel if you went there and realized that you were shopping there with the parents of those kids. That's how I felt the last time I was there, 10 years ago.

 

:fu:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

My mom drove to my college campus when I was in school because I wasn't picking up my phone because I was in class. She was in my dorm banging on doors.

 

 

In my college years I spent a summer working on a crab processing ship in the Bering Sea. After I didn't call for 6 weeks, my mom tracked me down on the ship, by ship to shore radio. It was incredibly embarrassing to be paged to the phone by the captain because my mother was calling.

post #62045 of 70139
You people are fucking ridiculous.
post #62046 of 70139
And by you people I mean titty babies.
post #62047 of 70139
Strangely, speaking about my mother, I saw her this weekend and when I walked into her bedroom she had a .22 pistol sitting on her nightstand. I'm like, um, what's with this? She just shrugged and said, "just in case." Then again you need to be a good shot to hurt anybody with a .22.
post #62048 of 70139
i don't understand my mother's family. They all see each other twice a year, once in the summer and once at Christmas, all this despite living really close to one another. My father wants to move back to LA but mother is resistent since it's so far away from family (ugh, totaly bullshit).

anyways, these twice yearly meetings are all the same. Get together, have a blast, and then as time goes on and one person leaves, take the claws out and bash the shit out of one another in terrible gossip. I don't get it, it's not a sport. These people are at once really great and really terrible.



my wife's family is a total opposite. they're more of an actual family in the traditional sense, functioning and all.
post #62049 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Strangely, speaking about my mother, I saw her this weekend and when I walked into her bedroom she had a .22 pistol sitting on her nightstand. I'm like, um, what's with this? She just shrugged and said, "just in case." Then again you need to be a good shot to hurt anybody with a .22.

 

 

Clearly she was expecting you.

post #62050 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i don't understand my mother's family. They all see each other twice a year, once in the summer and once at Christmas, all this despite living really close to one another. My father wants to move back to LA but mother is resistent since it's so far away from family (ugh, totaly bullshit).

anyways, these twice yearly meetings are all the same. Get together, have a blast, and then as time goes on and one person leaves, take the claws out and bash the shit out of one another in terrible gossip. I don't get it, it's not a sport. These people are at once really great and really terrible.



my wife's family is a total opposite. they're more of an actual family in the traditional sense, functioning and all.

Maybe it is an Italian thing. My father's side, the guineas get along almost normally. My mother's side is filled with lies, deceit, molestation, and possibly murder.
post #62051 of 70139
you might be right. the wife's side has a bit of Italian in them. My mother's side doesn't have any murder, just all of them secretly hating the shit out of each other in judgmental fits. I can't stand it really, and it makes me not want to hang out with them.

"did you notice that gomestar had 3 glasses of riesling over the course of the night??"

"mmmmmmhmmmmm"
post #62052 of 70139
90% of my mother's side of the family lives within a 100 mile radius but they get together maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Much like gome's family, it's all kumbaya until a week later when the whispered gossip resumes. "Did you hear? She forgot to send Uncle Bob a birthday card. SHE HAS NO HEART!!!"

EDIT: At every family gathering my mom tries to count my beverages. To spite her I get totally sloshed and she gets all stressed out.
post #62053 of 70139
"R's daughter is turning into a lesbian. It's all those sports and races that they made her do when she was young."



me: "but she's in 6th grade right now"
post #62054 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

90% of my mother's side of the family lives within a 100 mile radius but they get together maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

My entire family lives within spitting distance (1 mile) and I have seen or spoken to 90% of them in years, as I can't stand them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


I know you say this in jest, but it actually resonates with me. The older I get and endure more life stressors while encountering more fucking dumb people, the more pessimistic of a life view I adopt.

It sucks. I can sense it happening and I wish I could prevent myself from adopting such a mindset, but man, it's hard.


Welcome to the club, I have been like that for years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by onijo84 View Post

Clicking on pictures posted on IG after a particular search only to find that the hashtags are completely irrelevant.

#What #writing #something #completely #inane #with #a ## #in #front #of #every #word #isn't #irrelevant sarcasm.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


My 16 hour trip to Korea I was surrounded by Koreans with screaming kids. Either crying, or singing or whatever. Everybody but me seemed oblivious to it. I wanted to fucking kill everybody.

There's nothing more annoying than screaming children on mass transport.
post #62055 of 70139
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

"R's daughter is turning into a lesbian. It's all those sports and races that they made her do when she was young."



me: "but she's in 6th grade right now"

 

You could point out that if their daughter does turn out to be gay, they'll be able to rest assured that there won't be any unplanned pregnancies.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.