or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 4109

post #61621 of 65101
I am giving an exam tomorrow just got a bunch of emails basically be say "I did not understand any of the material I am being tested on can you explain it to me by email format?" Even worse, "Can you point me to where this is covered in the textbook?" As if I had been keeping that information top secret up until now.
post #61622 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am giving an exam tomorrow just got a bunch of emails basically be say "I did not understand any of the material I am being tested on can you explain it to me by email format?" Even worse, "Can you point me to where this is covered in the textbook?" As if I had been keeping that information top secret up until now.

I used to get students asking "well I know it's either a, or d, soooooo..." when I proctored exams. Yeah so I'll just give you the answer, because you eliminated the two that are obviously wrong. That's how this works.
post #61623 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

I used to get students asking "well I know it's either a, or d, soooooo..." when I proctored exams. Yeah so I'll just give you the answer, because you eliminated the two that are obviously wrong. That's how this works.

I thought you guys said "invigilate" rather than "proctor."
post #61624 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I thought you guys said "invigilate" rather than "proctor."

I prefer invigilate, but where I was in grad school no one understood what the hell that meant, so I took to saying proctor. No one ever got the joke when I said "I am the Invigilator" in a terrible Schwarzenegger voice. I know is a bad joke but they didn't even groan, or roll their eyes.
post #61625 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am giving an exam tomorrow just got a bunch of emails basically be say "I did not understand any of the material I am being tested on can you explain it to me by email format?" Even worse, "Can you point me to where this is covered in the textbook?" As if I had been keeping that information top secret up until now.

Don't be cruel. These kids have more than one class to worry about. frown.gif
post #61626 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Don't be cruel. These kids have more than one class to worry about. frown.gif

And a total of 15 in class hours per week, in average. Such hardship.
post #61627 of 65101
Is there anything more grating than teenage girls and their token gay friend yapping on the train?
post #61628 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Is there anything more grating than teenage girls and their token gay friend yapping on the train?

That convo between Conne and I was private -.-
post #61629 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

That convo between Conne and I was private -.-

I have successfully drowned them out with The XX.
post #61630 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Is there anything more grating than teenage girls and their token gay friend yapping on the train?

Did they have thick New Jersey accents? That would be.
post #61631 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

Did they have thick New Jersey accents? That would be.

They had accents typical of Rutgers students from the Bloomfield/Nutley area.
post #61632 of 65101
Can you write out a couple sentences of dialogue that would convey the Rutgers accent of Nutley?
post #61633 of 65101

Like, I can't buh-lieve that creepy dude tried to talk to me, like, ew.

post #61634 of 65101
"Umm....is that guy mumbling to himself? About boats? I'm sorry but that's super weird."
post #61635 of 65101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

J017ECX.gif

Me Conne and Bhowie jus chillin



and RIP, ultimate warrior
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.