or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3998

post #59956 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

You're god damn right it wouldn't be.

You're the saviour of SF..
post #59957 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

How much does an admin. assistant make these days, anyway?

There are a lot of women in their 40s+ who have been admin assistants at my firm for perhaps 10 - 15+ years and I really wonder how much they make now. Assuming a roughly 2% COL increase to their salary each year, I'm assuming some of them are pretty comfortable -- not six figures comfortable, but maybe in the $75 - 85K range.

 

Entry-level AAs make like 35 here in New York. I don't know how they feed themselves. 

post #59958 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Entry-level AAs make like 35 here in New York. I don't know how they feed themselves. 

Let's ask dear Conne:

How do you do it?
post #59959 of 70213
The Perils of MetroNorth

ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif

Its hard to make NJT look good--- but Metro North is trying and succeeding.
post #59960 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

my mother's in the hospital. it doesn't look good. I've got to fly down ASAP.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
she's 76 and hypertensive kidney disease has caught up with her. blood works (CBC, HB, and blood sugar is all out of whack), before she's had acute renal failure and bounced back, but this time she might even have dengue fever (because of all the dirty stagnant water from the typhoon there's been outbreaks) on top of it. my sister is already there but I've got to call my older brother and really gather the family just in case.
Larry, I wish the best for mother and to your family.
post #59961 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

How much does an admin. assistant make these days, anyway?

There are a lot of women in their 40s+ who have been admin assistants at my firm for perhaps 10 - 15+ years and I really wonder how much they make now. Assuming a roughly 2% COL increase to their salary each year, I'm assuming some of them are pretty comfortable -- not six figures comfortable, but maybe in the $75 - 85K range.

you'd be shocked at what a seasoned admin can make at a financial firm.
post #59962 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Let's ask dear Conne:

How do you do it?

 

He's upstate isn't he? 35 is probably wealthy up there in the netherworld. 

post #59963 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

you'd be shocked at what a seasoned admin can make at a financial firm.

i'm sure there are many of them clearing at least 6 figures.
post #59964 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

you'd be shocked at what a seasoned admin can make at a financial firm.

Yeah, but their max bonuses are barely seven figures.

A good admin is worth every penny but they're rare as hen's teeth.
post #59965 of 70213
Who are you filing the expense report with? Why not just make it their job to fill the rest of it out.
post #59966 of 70213
Dutch speedskating coach Jillert Anema has lashed out at America, saying that we would not be such failures at speedskating if we didn't devote so much attention to stupid sports like football. Also he said that football sucks. (If you think I'm lying about this, you can check out espn website.) Hey I wonder if the Dutchman ever bethought this: maybe the Dutch wouldn't be so shitty at football if they'd devote less of their attention to speedskating, a sport, mind you, which doesn't even have a Super Bowl.
post #59967 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Dutch speedskating coach Jillert Anema has lashed out at America, saying that we would not be such failures at speedskating if we didn't devote so much attention to stupid sports like football. Also he said that football sucks. (If you think I'm lying about this, you can check out espn website.) Hey I wonder if the Dutchman ever bethought this: maybe the Dutch wouldn't be so shitty at football if they'd devote less of their attention to speedskating, a sport, mind you, which doesn't even have a Super Bowl.

 

"You have a lot of attention for foolish sport, like American football"

 

"... (The U.S.) is so narrow-minded, and you waste a lot of good talent in a sport that sucks."

 

"I think that the gold medal in speedskating is just as valuable as the gold medal in basketball"

 

[Amsterdam joke]

post #59968 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

He's upstate isn't he? 35 is probably wealthy up there in the netherworld. 

I wish. $35k does not go far anywhere these days.
post #59969 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I wish. $35k does not go far anywhere these days.

35k bonus? That's pretty good for outside of finance.
post #59970 of 70213
Best wishes, El Aurens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.