or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3793

post #56881 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


The last wrist shake is accurate, this is simply his fantasy while wanking off wearing his hideous 21st century watch calculator.
post #56882 of 65044
I met a girl who was born in Korea, spent most of her live growing up in Russia. That, plus she was a "low-talker". Couldn't understand a fucking word that came out of her mouth.
post #56883 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Blame the sender, not UPS. They cheaped out and picked UPS smart post.

I still at least blame UPS for even having it as an option, but I didn't realize it was a sender-chosen option. What a stupid (and surprisingly non-customer-friendly) decision by Amazon to ship stuff to Prime customers using Smart Post.
post #56884 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i like my job. but who doesnt like a day off to lounge around doing noting from time to time?
i would never want to be ON a jury. i just like the excused day off work to literally be forced to do nothing. its relaxing. all the times i have gone i start with a nap in the quiet room. then i watch a movie in the movie room. then i lounge around. then i dont get picked. then i go home.

When I was a youngster I learned that "idle hands are the devil's workshop." And so I get a little bit anxious when I don't have a task.
post #56885 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

When I was a youngster I learned that "idle hands are the devil's workshop." And so I get a little bit anxious when I don't have a task.

Did you not learn that you have a penis when you were younger as well?
post #56886 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Did you not learn that you have a penis when you were younger as well?

I'm not sure what that has to do with chillin' in the jury room sounds like a potential crime that could get a person seated at the defendant's table.
post #56887 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I still at least blame UPS for even having it as an option, but I didn't realize it was a sender-chosen option. What a stupid (and surprisingly non-customer-friendly) decision by Amazon to ship stuff to Prime customers using Smart Post.

It actually works fairly well for customers in urban areas.

Back when I was in college (now I just get everything shipped to my office), ups and fedex packages were always a pain since someone had to be home to receive them...can't just leave boxes sitting on the side of the street.
USPS mailmen have keys to every building, so they can bring their packages inside and leave them where only your neighbors can get at them.

Not an issue with a with a bigger building that has on-site staff or a house that is set back from a quiet street, but with all of the 3 story walk-ups that butt up to the sidewalk...it's actually kind of a nice arrangement.
post #56888 of 65044
Idle hands spend time at the genitals. And we all know how much god hates that.
post #56889 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

When I was a youngster I learned that "idle hands are the devil's workshop." And so I get a little bit anxious when I don't have a task.

sucks for you.
post #56890 of 65044
I think you guys have probably covered this, but I am really not at all in the Christmas spirit anymore.

All the commercialism is so stupid. I don't want to buy gifts for anyone, and I don't want them to buy gifts for me. Inevitably it's a letdown for them; I'm tough to shop for. You're not going to get me something I didn't know I wanted, and if I wanted it, I'd have it already, or I could have told you what to get but nobody wants to hear that. So people spend money on junk I have to pretend to like, which is awful for them.

And I'm happy to get a gift for my kid, and my wife, but other than that, my parents have freaking everything and don't want anything more. I am happy to have gotten a nice tablet for my father-in-law, who can't afford such indulgences; it's the one gift I'm really happy about. But we have this big extended family gathering next Saturday and i have to go through the motions of getting something for like 15 different people that are just silly. My wife gets irritated that I just want to get like $15 gift cards to Starbucks or Amazon for all 8 of my cousins and their families; she's still stressing about it and I'm just, like, over it.

Honestly I've barely Christmas-shopped this year and it's all gotten so stupid and hectic I've gone beyond stressing about it to just not caring.

And there's something really sad about that.
post #56891 of 65044

Christmas is total bullshit. The express point of Thanksgiving is to get together with family and eat and drink and that is honest and sincere and good. Christmas is muddied up with Jesus and commercialization and assholes dressing up like Santa to get drunk.

post #56892 of 65044
Yeah, I lucked out this year in that I my mom had mentioned it was getting harder to throw around the big skillet...and then I stumbled across a nice, lighter weight cast iron skillet.

Otherwise...how many scarves can you buy a person? At some point, its much easier to just stick to consumable gifts...buy that $20 bottle of wine that they wouldn't buy for themselves. If I hadn't found something else for my dad, I'd probably get him some blocks of XC ski wax and spring for the faster flourocarbon wax instead of the budget hydrocarbon-only stuff...he's going to use it anyways but then he doesn't have to go buy it himself.
post #56893 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Christmas is total bullshit. The express point of Thanksgiving is to get together with family and eat and drink and that is honest and sincere and good. Christmas is muddied up with Jesus and commercialization and assholes dressing up like Santa to get drunk.

I thought Christmas was about Jesus.
post #56894 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I think you guys have probably covered this, but I am really not at all in the Christmas spirit anymore.

All the commercialism is so stupid. I don't want to buy gifts for anyone, and I don't want them to buy gifts for me. Inevitably it's a letdown for them; I'm tough to shop for. You're not going to get me something I didn't know I wanted, and if I wanted it, I'd have it already, or I could have told you what to get but nobody wants to hear that. So people spend money on junk I have to pretend to like, which is awful for them.

And I'm happy to get a gift for my kid, and my wife, but other than that, my parents have freaking everything and don't want anything more. I am happy to have gotten a nice tablet for my father-in-law, who can't afford such indulgences; it's the one gift I'm really happy about. But we have this big extended family gathering next Saturday and i have to go through the motions of getting something for like 15 different people that are just silly. My wife gets irritated that I just want to get like $15 gift cards to Starbucks or Amazon for all 8 of my cousins and their families; she's still stressing about it and I'm just, like, over it.

Honestly I've barely Christmas-shopped this year and it's all gotten so stupid and hectic I've gone beyond stressing about it to just not caring.

And there's something really sad about that.

Thank you for this poast. +10000.
post #56895 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Fucking Christmas... need to buy presents, but I wanna go ride my bike and go to the gym

Ride your bike to the stores, and buy heavy gifts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.