or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3615

post #54211 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Not everyone is chugging the Mad Dog, brah.

 

Would you believe that I have never even had a sip of Mad Dog?

post #54212 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I hate memory foam. I suppose the mattress might have integrated memory foam inside it somewhere but I hate that shit and how it conforms to you and holds in the heat.

Also, it is bad for the sex (not that that would be a problem for you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

I have more months of Army left than I thought shog%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks, Ted Cruz.
I realize this is ancient history but when I began my military service in 1965 I served with guys who were finishing up a two year extension imposed on them during the Cuban missile crisis . Just enough time for a tour in Vietnam . They suffered from serious morale issues to put it lightly
post #54213 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post



I realize this is ancient history but when I began my military service in 1965 I served with guys who were finishing up a two year extension imposed on them during the Cuban missile crisis . Just enough time for a tour in Vietnam . They suffered from serious morale issues to put it lightly

 

Yeah, getting rid of stop loss was a good thing. I don't know how long it has been in place but if your contract would run out during a deployment you can opt for rear det or extend and get an extra $1k/mo for each month after your original ETS. We had one guy who made an extra $8k that way. 

 

My thing is that they cancelled October drills and added them to November and December. So instead of going on advon for November and splitting out of December and January I now have to go. I'm out in February.

post #54214 of 67904
Yeah those were the days of the draft . Most people today cannot imagine what it is like to be jerked out of your life and forced to serve in a war zone . Or go to jail
post #54215 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Would you believe that I have never even had a sip of Mad Dog?

Then why is there sugar in your wine? confused.gif
post #54216 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Yeah those were the days of the draft . Most people today cannot imagine what it is like to be jerked out of your life and forced to serve in a war zone . Or go to jail


You know what pisses me off? The fact that we have no draft.

The draft should be brought back with very limited exemptions. If the politicians are not willing to send their sons and grandchildren to a foreign war then they should not send anyone.
post #54217 of 67904
Cuz he only drinks the finest beerenauslese and vendange tardives
post #54218 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Then why is there sugar in your wine? confused.gif

 

Because all wine has sugar in it? Sure, not a lot but enough that it counts.

post #54219 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

You know what pisses me off? The fact that we have no draft.

The draft should be brought back with very limited exemptions. If the politicians are not willing to send their sons and grandchildren to a foreign war then they should not send anyone.
I could not agree more . While the pols seem to have learned very little from the blunders of Vietnam they have learned the pitfall of fighting these kinds of warswith an unwilling Army
post #54220 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Because all wine has sugar in it? Sure, not a lot but enough that it counts.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4226?fg=Beverages&man=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=25&sort=&qlookup=

I guess what "counts" for you and the USDA is not quite the same. Ditto the EU:

http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/Health-QA-How-Much-Sugar-is-in-Wine_3878

4 grams in a litre? I'm a low carb guy and I know that doesn't count for me.
post #54221 of 67904
i have 3 particular friends (ever since middle school kind of friends) who have turned into super right wing-ers. I love them dearly, but its been a chore visiting them or talking on the phone them (two live in Maine, and one right here in CT) because they're so similar in the sense that you can't go 45 seconds with them in a conversation without it getting political.

I'll ask about their family or sports or something and they'll start veering right back into a rant about politics.

they are super vigilant on Facebook too. its a total bummer .
post #54222 of 67904
"So, how's the weather?"
"Still shitty since we got a black guy in the White House!"
post #54223 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

i have 3 particular friends (ever since middle school kind of friends) who have turned into super right wing-ers. I love them dearly, but its been a chore visiting them or talking on the phone them (two live in Maine, and one right here in CT) because they're so similar in the sense that you can't go 45 seconds with them in a conversation without it getting political.

I'll ask about their family or sports or something and they'll start veering right back into a rant about politics.

they are super vigilant on Facebook too. its a total bummer .

Recently found out an acquaintance has gone so far right wing he actually tried to convince me teh gayz is a pathology. It was one of those moments where you are fighting laughing in his face vs. just telling him he's too fucking dumb to be allowed to breed.
post #54224 of 67904
Yeah but these people VOTE
post #54225 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Recently found out an acquaintance has gone so far right wing he actually tried to convince me teh gayz is a pathology. It was one of those moments where you are fighting laughing in his face vs. just telling him he's too fucking dumb to be allowed to breed.

I hope his son comes out of the closet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.