or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3489

post #52321 of 66440
say the word "conjugate" to a typical student and they will think you want to have sex with them
post #52322 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

say the word "conjugate" to a typical student and they will think you want to have sex with them

Only if one of the two parties is in prison, I think.
post #52323 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I have some students who are conjugating their verbs wrong in their papers. For example, "the author think that..." It is really hard to help students correct errors like that. I wrote "be careful to conjugate your verbs correctly," but the students probably do not know what it means to conjugate a verb. (Also, even though I've been seeing this for years, it still seems really weird to me that students would get to university not knowing how to conjugate verbs in their native language.)

Mayhaps he intend to use the subjunctive but not know its use proper.
post #52324 of 66440
I read my school's paper today.
post #52325 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

One of neighbors started hammering at 7am this morning.


@GF, have you started saying goodbye to your hair line.

You should nail his wife in retaliation. teacha.gif

Nope, my hairline is intact, thankfully. I don't think I'm going to suffer from MBP, based on my dad's hairline and other male relatives in the fam.

Has yours? I'm seeing a lot of dudes my age who clearly already have started balding.

I can't believe modern medicine still hasnt figured out a way to prevent and reverse it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

You must have high testosterone levels brah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If you two idiots are done:

1) Your father's hairline is not a perfect predictor of your future hairline, because the gene for MBP is carried on the X chromosome. Your maternal grandfather's hairline is a better predictor.

2) MBP is caused by elevated levels of testosterone, so you've got it completely backwards.

What is MBP?
post #52326 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

What is MBP?

Male Baldness of Pattern.
post #52327 of 66440
I don't feel like workin today
post #52328 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post




you'd love that don't you.
Don't sneeze on me, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Remember odds of scoring with her are 0% if you're Conne
FTFY
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Last time I went to the grocery store, I bought three boxes of cereal (including one Cracklin' Oat Bran). But as of this moment, I have zero boxes of cereal on account of ate them all. Probably shouldn't of ate them up so fast.
Cracklin' Oat Bran is very tasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I like my Swedish girls not to have any horse in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If I was single I'd certainly put a nice chunk of stallion in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

I like my Swedish girls to have my horse cock in them.

F U Piob.
Obvious straight lines, are obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

DONT BE GREEDY, DOC!!!!
QFPVRI
(quoted for potentially vaguely racist irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I have some students who are conjugating their verbs wrong in their papers. For example, "the author think that..." It is really hard to help students correct errors like that. I wrote "be careful to conjugate your verbs correctly," but the students probably do not know what it means to conjugate a verb. (Also, even though I've been seeing this for years, it still seems really weird to me that students would get to university not knowing how to conjugate verbs in their native language.)

This makes me sad. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

I don't feel like workin today
My work is all done. Blow off work and come to London and we'll get drunk, because the only thing that would make my 12 hour flight home moar awesomer would be a hangover. (Actually, I tried that for the flight out here from LA. Surprisingly, it did not actually make the flight moar awesomer. Go figure.)
post #52329 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Blow off work and come to London and we'll get drunk, because the only thing that would make my 12 hour flight home moar awesomer would be a hangover. (Actually, I tried that for the flight out here from LA. Surprisingly, it did not actually make the flight moar awesomer. Go figure.)

thanks for the offer, but whats also pissing me off is because of the humongous expense that's attached to homebuilding, I cannot even plan a short vacation unless I'm in the clear. and I so want to take my used-to-be annual trip to the west coast right now.
post #52330 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post


What is MBP?

My phones way to say, I need a new computer.
post #52331 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

and yet you have not come to visit bmore. :sadface:
I'm more likely to get to DC than Baltimore, we'll have to meet there.
post #52332 of 66440
Rain.

I had a rental car for the weekend, I want a nice new car now. frown.gif
post #52333 of 66440
I cant understand why it is cool to hate rich people; people get rich by doing or making things that people want. Handing over money for that T-shirt then complaining that the brand is rich is dumb. Don't want them to be rich, then don't buy the shirt. Complaining that banks are evil? They just loaned you £100,000 for a house. Your best friend can't do that. Even if they could, they'd expect the money back in less that 20 years. Shouting about how unfair it is simply doesn't make sense. Some banker took home £1m this year? Thats because he made £500,000,000 for his investors. If you make half a billion dollars, I'm almost certain that you would be able to keep one million of them.
post #52334 of 66440
Jealousy, resentment, insecurity over your own (relative) mediocrity, etc.

It's the human condition.
post #52335 of 66440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

I cant understand why it is cool to hate rich people; people get rich by doing or making things that people want.

This is not necessarily true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Jealousy, resentment, insecurity over your own (relative) mediocrity, etc.

It's the human condition.

GF's first non-idiotic post.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.