or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3481

post #52201 of 65044
Personally, I would not go for an MBA outside of the top 8.
post #52202 of 65044
rolleyes.gif

Here we go...
post #52203 of 65044
I think it depends on what you want to do. Want to get into high finance? MBA not in the top 10 won't do you much good. If you are a creative director in the fragrance industry and get an MBA from Pace, you will certainly stand out.
post #52204 of 65044
Right, it's a very personal decision and everyone's case for business school will vary based on your work history and future aspirations.
post #52205 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Yeah but you have to live in College Station.

Best point that has been made.

You could live in the north part of Houston and commute. I wouldn't, but you could. I have a buddy who is a project supervisor and lives in the museum district of Houston. He commutes everyday to the school he is building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Btw either the tuition has jumped up recently or you aren't doing a very good job making your case. During my recruiting trip the recruiting office told me that their annual tuition is $8k a month, not $30k

8k is in state tuition per semester. I think they charge more for grad degrees. I think UT's price is double.
post #52206 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Everybody I've ever known to say that about sushi eventually finds something they like.

I've been trying to find something to like about sushi for ~30 years.
post #52207 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Right, it's a very personal decision and everyone's case for business school will vary based on your work history and future aspirations.

It will be based on more than that. For many of us our lives were not a structured and pre-planned thing, our horizons expanded as we aged and grew, school choice was a compromise decision with things like, "Impact to my sig O" and such in the matrix...heck some of us did not even know what an MBA was until they were over 30.
post #52208 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I've been trying to find something to like about sushi for ~30 years.

Stop trying; it will leave more for the rest of us.

Damn, now I'm jonesing for a spicy tuna don. frown.gif
post #52209 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Sushi sucks /period.

I hope you are just speaking about the sushi available in your country vs. sushi as a food item. Sushi as a food item is awesome.

My very subjective opinion is that I don't like sushi and find it sort of disgusting.

I've had sushi in Denmark, I agree, Danish sushi sucks.
post #52210 of 65044
Danes should stick to doing fish the Danish way pickled, smoked and gravad
post #52211 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I've been trying to find something to like about sushi for ~30 years.

Stop trying; it will leave more for the rest of us.

Damn, now I'm jonesing for a spicy tuna don. frown.gif

Yep that's pretty much Mrs. A's attitude: "More for me!"

In general fish grosses me out, unless it's very mild and thoroughly deep fried. My mom used to feed me cod liver oil and it left me traumatized for life.
post #52212 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Yep that's pretty much Mrs. A's attitude: "More for me!"

In general fish grosses me out, unless it's very mild and thoroughly deep fried. My mom used to feed me cod liver oil and it left me traumatized for life.

I was raised such that I thought fish naturally came in sticks. I still like a good battered and deep fried fish but want it to be moist and flaky now.

If I have to pick between sushi and a baked or steamed fish the sushi is going to win every time.
post #52213 of 65044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I was raised such that I thought fish naturally came in sticks. I still like a good battered and deep fried fish but want it to be moist and flaky now.

If I have to pick between sushi and a baked or steamed fish the sushi is going to win every time.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Piob the Plebe!
post #52214 of 65044
Sushi and "fish" are entirely different things to me. Might as well not even be the same creature.
post #52215 of 65044

I think we need to add ceviche into this conversation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.