or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3474

post #52096 of 70169

Professional dog walker is mine.

post #52097 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

"Director of HR" is my dream job.

How much time have you spent around HR staff?

Seriously, working in HR at all sounds like a nightmare to me, and the notion of having to manage HR employees sounds even worse.
post #52098 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

How much time have you spent around HR staff?

Seriously, working in HR at all sounds like a nightmare to me, and the notion of having to manage HR employees sounds even worse.

laugh.gif I was only kidding. Though in my department, the Director of HR is a coveted title because you're making six figures, working 9-5, and just riding it out to retirement. That said, it can't be a fun assignment.
post #52099 of 70169
You want to get HR people talking about the shit they've had to deal with at parties as some of it is just facepalm.gif My head of HR has told me she's had to:

Tell an employee masturbating into the urinal is not appropriate
Uncountable times had to tell female employees to wear bras and/or panties
Tell a recently immigrated person to use the toilet to urinate vs. squatting over the drain in the middle of the female employee changing room
Fire a person the day before Xmas and said person fell to her knees begging

Just a few things that pop to mind she's told me.
post #52100 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You want to get HR people talking about the shit they've had to deal with at parties as some of it is just facepalm.gif My head of HR has told me she's had to:

Tell an employee masturbating into the urinal is not appropriate
Uncountable times had to tell female employees to wear bras and/or panties
Tell a recently immigrated person to use the toilet to urinate vs. squatting over the drain in the middle of the female employee changing room
Fire a person the day before Xmas and said person fell to her knees begging

Just a few things that pop to mind she's told me.

I mean...I suppose that is a pretty shitty day to fire someone.
Unless it was because of some horrible action that just occurred (or was just uncovered), I feel like I would probably wait until monday
post #52101 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I mean...I suppose that is a pretty shitty day to fire someone.
Unless it was because of some horrible action that just occurred (or was just uncovered), I feel like I would probably wait until monday

Yup, that's what happened. Apparently IT discovered something overnight and it was an immediate need.
post #52102 of 70169
Always make sure the IT people like you.
post #52103 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yup, that's what happened. Apparently IT discovered something overnight and it was an immediate need.

When will people learn that clopping at work is a bad idea.
post #52104 of 70169
It is a very gray day today, and even with Happy Lamp (name of my SAD lamp) I am struggling a bit.
post #52105 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

my staff who found out she had brain tumor last year but it later shrank and therefore didn't need to have it removed has been having serious issues lately. she seemed spaced out and have a hard time focusing and understanding stuff, so she took a few days off. she shows up at work yesterday, and I asked her to print out some stuff and she just literally stared at the pc and the monitor was off. told her to go home and see her neurologist... my fear is she probably had some kind of seizure. and this time, I think we need to talk about terminating her employment.

Sounds like an awful situation for her and you. Sorry to hear it.

To be lawyerish for a minute: hopefully you have a good employment lawyer and/or HR professional to consult with about the potential termination. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws terminating an employee because of their medical condition -- even when that medical condition impacts their ability to do the job properly -- can be tricky. (Not my area of law - I have more experience acting as a manager in this area than in giving legal advice. And obviously it can be done when the reasons are appropriate and properly documented, etc. Just suggesting you act cautiously -- and strategically, as shitty as it is to have to think that way given the human realities of the situation.)
post #52106 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act

lol. AB is in Pacquiao land. Ain't no ADA there.
post #52107 of 70169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yup, that's what happened. Apparently IT discovered something overnight and it was an immediate need.

What can IT possible discover that warrants a no questions asked fire the day before christmas other than a bomb threat or something?
post #52108 of 70169
and what was IT up doing overnight?
post #52109 of 70169
Embezzling money, sending firm secrets to other parties, sexual harassment...

Really, given how much goes through wide open channels (i.e. email and most web traffic) just about anything fireable could be found by IT.

My guess is that a normal monitoring process found something and set off alarms that they found the next morning.
post #52110 of 70169
People have gotten fired for doing some pretty fucked up things with company computers at work come to think of it. (businesses sneaking illegal immigrants into the country, prostitution rings, etc.) Idiots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.