or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3472

post #52066 of 70200
The sun is definitely starting to set sooner. Can't wait to see darkness at 4 PM icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.

frown.gif
post #52067 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

The sun is definitely starting to set sooner. Can't wait to see darkness at 4 PM icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.

frown.gif

Don't you live in Texas.
post #52068 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Don't you live in Texas.

Yep, but work has me traveling to Boston every week.
post #52069 of 70200
I make one god damn post about buying Amazon Basics batteries and then this ad is being shown to me on SF...TWICE on the same page.



wtf? seriously, the subscriptions page went double barbie as soon as I posted "Amazon Basics" in the just don't get thread and then clicked back to my subscriptions.
post #52070 of 70200
How do you get shown ads about barbies on amazon without having browsed barbies on amazon in the past?
post #52071 of 70200
Sex toys
post #52072 of 70200
my staff who found out she had brain tumor last year but it later shrank and therefore didn't need to have it removed has been having serious issues lately. she seemed spaced out and have a hard time focusing and understanding stuff, so she took a few days off. she shows up at work yesterday, and I asked her to print out some stuff and she just literally stared at the pc and the monitor was off. told her to go home and see her neurologist... my fear is she probably had some kind of seizure. and this time, I think we need to talk about terminating her employment.
post #52073 of 70200
The fact that she has to be terminated truly blows. Not that that isn't the right step, but the fact that it is the right step truly, truly sucks.

I feel for her and her family.
post #52074 of 70200
Around here you don't fire terminally ill employees
post #52075 of 70200

You fucking assholes could have taken the call. You knew I had to leave for a very important meeting where meeting this person on time was of the utmost importance. Instead, you sit there pretending I'm not stuck on something you should have taken over given the situation. Then, after I've already been stuck with this asshole long enough to MISS MY MEETING you make JOKES.

 

I swear if I catch you alone I'm gong to break your fucking nose.

post #52076 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Around here you don't fire terminally ill employees

I really respect that. It's obviously not a black/white situation, but it also depends on the severity of their illness. For example, are they still marginally productive? Do you actually like them enough as a person to want to take a hit to your PnL to keep them around so they aren't totally screwed?

From a business owner's perspective, it must be a tough choice, but at the end of the day, you can't be paying for someone who's not producing.

It sucks, but it's one of those harsh realities of life. I applaud the business owners who refuse to fire terminally-ill employees. That's really respectable.
post #52077 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by death shot View Post

You fucking assholes could have taken the call. You knew I had to leave for a very important meeting where meeting this person on time was of the utmost importance. Instead, you sit there pretending I'm not stuck on something you should have taken over given the situation. Then, after I've already been stuck with this asshole long enough to MISS MY MEETING you make JOKES.

I swear if I catch you alone I'm gong to break your fucking nose.

Brah, step back and take a breath. Now, will you really be worrying and pissed off about this situation five years from now? If not, let it go, especially if there's nothing you can do to rectify the situation.
post #52078 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Brah, step back and take a breath. Now, will you really be worrying and pissed off about this situation five years from now? If not, let it go, especially if there's nothing you can do to rectify the situation.

 

 

The thread is called things that are pissing you off, I'm pissed and I came here to vent and vent I shall. These guys are constantly insubordinate and lazy. While this was going on, I asked repeatedly for someone to please take over as they pretended they did not hear me. One of these dickwads was watching YOUTUBE at the time. The same dickwad that started making jokes after I'd missed my meeting. He has long hair and wears a fedora.

 

This is the kind of shit that drives me crazy about this place. A legion of unskilled assholes riding on the backs of the few of us who do all the work. Sick of it.

post #52079 of 70200
Do you work at a start-up or something?
post #52080 of 70200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


I really respect that. It's obviously not a black/white situation, but it also depends on the severity of their illness. For example, are they still marginally productive? Do you actually like them enough as a person to want to take a hit to your PnL to keep them around so they aren't totally screwed?

From a business owner's perspective, it must be a tough choice, but at the end of the day, you can't be paying for someone who's not producing.

It sucks, but it's one of those harsh realities of life. I applaud the business owners who refuse to fire terminally-ill employees. That's really respectable.

It's a you don't kick a person, while they are down thing, I suspect, normally there's a 120 day limit.

I know multiple examples where people haven't been to work in years and they are still hired, if you are sick above 3 days in a row, the government pays a reduced wage, so they don't cost the employer anything, but it gives them a sense of self worth.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.