or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3440

post #51586 of 64522
I'll give you a thumbs up because I'm just that kinda guy (nice).
post #51587 of 64522
The bookstore at my university is really awful. For one class, they only need to order 6 copies of a book, and they couldn't even manage that. (It is an extremely famous book, not hard to acquire.) But what's annoying me even more is that students are using that as an excuse not to do the readings. It's 2013 for crying out loud, you have very easy access to books other than through your campus bookstore.
post #51588 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

The bookstore at my university is really awful. For one class, they only need to order 6 copies of a book, and they couldn't even manage that. (It is an extremely famous book, not hard to acquire.) But what's annoying me even more is that students are using that as an excuse not to do the readings. It's 2013 for crying out loud, you have very easy access to books other than through your campus bookstore.
This seems to be a common thing because last year I had a professor complain about the same thing on the first day of class.

Anyway, I thankfully have no reason to shop at the bookstore since I buy everything online before classes start.
post #51589 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

The bookstore at my university is really awful. For one class, they only need to order 6 copies of a book, and they couldn't even manage that. (It is an extremely famous book, not hard to acquire.) But what's annoying me even more is that students are using that as an excuse not to do the readings. It's 2013 for crying out loud, you have very easy access to books other than through your campus bookstore.

I'm sure you have your book list published in advance, but I remember stressing out that my profs would seldom post the required texts before the first day of class, so I was often forced to buy through the book store and demolish my meager student budget.
post #51590 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

I got orchestra level tickets for Tool's small theater tour for 10,000 Days for face value mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Too bad most Tool fans are so greasy and stoned and obnoxious that the concert was kinda lame.

so what you're saying is that Tool fans are...tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I'm pretty sure I had close to face value tickets to see The Who a while ago. That concert was lame, unfortunately.




also had floor seats a few rows back to see the Chili Peppers when they were doing the Stadium Arcadium tour. Paid face thanks to the fanclub. It was lame in the fact that there was seating all over, no GA, but it was also nice to enjoy the music and not worry about some high douche bag decking you from behind as he tries to crowd surf.

I got face value tickets to the Who in Oakland by calling in at 9:05 the day the went on sale. I wound up with an extra and sold it on Stubhub for enough to cover all of the Ticketmaster upcharges on the rest of the tickets icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

We had RHCP perform at our company's annual conference last year. It was free, it was a great show, and I was about 20' from the stage. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #51591 of 64522
Work has been a disaster this afternoon. Trying to unwind a big problem because a VIP clicked one wrong button in a program. ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
post #51592 of 64522
Haven't heard from l'incadescent's cat for awhile
post #51593 of 64522
jeesus basketball shoes are expensive these days.

I remember when spending $100 on basketball shoes mean you probably bought the top of the line Jordans or something.

I've been playing a lot recently and was the guy who played in old running shoes. So I go to the local shoe place and they say they have the perfect shoe for me, lightweight, low top, ect and I try them on and ask how much...

The motherucking Kobe bryant shoes cost $200. I fucking hate kobe bryant.
post #51594 of 64522
My PS3 gave the YLOD, thus taking away my ability to watch Blu-rays, stream video, and play video games. I don't really care about the video games part, since I haven't played much recently (and now have an excuse to buy a PS4 at some point), but we watch a good bit of Blu-ray and streaming video. Given I have (had) the PS3, I've never had to bother with buying a Blu-Ray player, which means I don't even know where to start.
post #51595 of 64522
I haven't had a BluRay/DVD player for months. I stream everything. There's obviously stuff I can only get on physical media, but I just add those titles to my watchlist. I'll get to 'em someday.
post #51596 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

My PS3 gave the YLOD, thus taking away my ability to watch Blu-rays, stream video, and play video games. I don't really care about the video games part, since I haven't played much recently (and now have an excuse to buy a PS4 at some point), but we watch a good bit of Blu-ray and streaming video. Given I have (had) the PS3, I've never had to bother with buying a Blu-Ray player, which means I don't even know where to start.

just get a roku 3 for the meantime. the 1080hd is outstanding. trust me its an awesome product. then the PS4 will come out and you can get that.
post #51597 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I haven't had a BluRay/DVD player for months. I stream everything. There's obviously stuff I can only get on physical media, but I just add those titles to my watchlist. I'll get to 'em someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

just get a roku 3 for the meantime. the 1080hd is outstanding. trust me its an awesome product. then the PS4 will come out and you can get that.

It crossed my mind to pick up a streaming-only setup. I still have my old DVD player, so I'd be able to watch most stuff that's released exclusively on physical media (albeit at lower quality). However, looking at the Roku, it's just under $100, and it looks like I can get a pretty solid Blu-ray player with streaming capabilities for about $20 more. Aren't I just better off going with that for the extra $20? Then I can grab a PS4 at some point and use the Blu-ray player somewhere else.

Or is the Roku that superior?
post #51598 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Haven't heard from l'incadescent's cat for awhile

She died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

My PS3 gave the YLOD, thus taking away my ability to watch Blu-rays, stream video, and play video games. I don't really care about the video games part, since I haven't played much recently (and now have an excuse to buy a PS4 at some point), but we watch a good bit of Blu-ray and streaming video. Given I have (had) the PS3, I've never had to bother with buying a Blu-Ray player, which means I don't even know where to start.

I only know what YOLO means.
post #51599 of 64522
Second the Roku. If you have Amazon Prime and Netflix you are golden.
post #51600 of 64522
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Hroi rhat was you that I saw
Where? Are you in Buenos Aires?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.