or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3407

post #51091 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

I like when L'inc uses archaic words where they don't make sense but sound okay.

My cat used to say "betimes" when she meant "sometimes." I think she thought it was a fancier version of the same word. Sort of like betwixt and between.
post #51092 of 69293
I used to hate small talk but now it's so easy.

It's a formula. Tried and true.
post #51093 of 69293
It's rule number one, living right isn't fun
time-tested and true, you gotta pooty poo poo
post #51094 of 69293

I'm trying to stay positive so this doesn't become a self fulfilling prophecy, but I just have this lurking feeling that me and Copenhagen aren't going to get on very well. Amager seemed better than downtown, hopefully when I move down there my opinion will be a bit better, as either way I'm stuck here til christmas.

post #51095 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I'm trying to stay positive so this doesn't become a self fulfilling prophecy, but I just have this lurking feeling that me and Copenhagen aren't going to get on very well. Amager seemed better than downtown, hopefully when I move down there my opinion will be a bit better, as either way I'm stuck here til christmas.

Copenhagen is an awesome city, but it takes some getting used to. Give it some time and make some local friends and you'll see that all is well in the state of Denmark.
post #51096 of 69293

Probably, just a bit homesick for reykjavik and haven't really found anything particularly appealing about CPH yet... hopefully that changes soon.

Also, KU looks like an Imperial prison from Star Wars...

post #51097 of 69293
KU on Islands brygge I presume.
post #51098 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

Probably, just a bit homesick for reykjavik and haven't really found anything particularly appealing about CPH yet... hopefully that changes soon.


Also, KU looks like an Imperial prison from Star Wars...
post #51099 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

My 1.5 year old black lab is not well. She started having tremors in her hind legs about ten days ago that progressed to the front legs and now she has facial twitching and nystagmus. She has a hard time getting up from laying down, is uncoordinated when she walks and falls/bumps into things, and can barely make it up the stairs. I've taken her to two vets and they've never seen anything like it. They took a video of her today and are sending it to the neurologist/neurosurgeon at Auburn. She isn't hurting, but she's clearly miserable. frown.gif
Sorry to hear this. I hope it gets resolved, soon.
post #51100 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I never strike up conversations with others in the elevator mechanism, but I also never get annoyed when others strike up conversations with me. (Except when they ask me if I am saved, of which I could do without.)
Striking up a conversation with a stranger anywhere would be totally out of character for me. I prefer that stangers not try to do so with me, but if they do, I'm usually okay with it, except on a plane.
post #51101 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol, that is true. but im only really and truly in my element when i am the only one in the car.
Yes!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #51102 of 69293
I am really, really bad at talking about interpersonal feelings. Yesterday I was talking to a guy who's without a doubt one of my best friends in the whole world. We went to grad school together (and I was the best man in his wedding), and now we're in different parts of the country. At one point he says he really misses having me around. For whatever reason, I am constitutionally incapable of responding to that in any kind of genuine way, even though of course I miss hanging out with him too. I just can't say that.
post #51103 of 69293
Just text him "I love you bro"
post #51104 of 69293
Better yet post his cell phone number here and we can text him a la Cyrano for you.
post #51105 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

The Office Talk is the worst when you're a sales rep w/ a route. Easy to laugh at the first customer that says "is it Friday yet" at my first sales call on a monday, but by my 20th account I just want to punxh the person.
Be careful with your pinky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Striking up a conversation with a stranger anywhere would be totally out of character for me. I prefer that stangers not try to do so with me, but if they do, I'm usually okay with it, except on a plane.

Hi Jay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am really, really bad at talking about interpersonal feelings. Yesterday I was talking to a guy who's without a doubt one of my best friends in the whole world. We went to grad school together (and I was the best man in his wedding), and now we're in different parts of the country. At one point he says he really misses having me around. For whatever reason, I am constitutionally incapable of responding to that in any kind of genuine way, even though of course I miss hanging out with him too. I just can't say that.
I believe that sending him an emoticon of two smiley faces clinking beer steins is universally understood to mean, "thank you for saying that. It makes me feel nice to hear it, and I miss hanging out with you as well."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Better yet post his cell phone number here and we can text him a la Cyrano for you.
I approve of this suggestion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.