or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3375

post #50611 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Wow. That's pretty cool. I would think 1/4 travel is cool. But 1/1 was not. I got burnt out, got sick, told them I'd quit if I didn't get a telecommute.

Then I got a promotion.

Then I left.

It isn't.

As I tell people I go to these neat cities, go to a hotel for three-four days, never leave, get on a plane and come home.

When you never leave a hotel you could be in Erie or Paris, it makes no difference.

The locations are difficult to get to and require extra stops because we use United, not Delta primarily.

Bleh.
post #50612 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post


It isn't.

As I tell people I go to these neat cities, go to a hotel for three-four days, never leave, get on a plane and come home.

When you never leave a hotel you could be in Erie or Paris, it makes no difference.

The locations are difficult to get to and require extra stops because we use United, not Delta primarily.

Bleh.

True. Everyone was always talking about how cool it was that I got to go to places. It was US travel, and I got to go to all the major cities in FA, CA, NY and MA, but it doesn't make a difference when you don't want to leave. Sight seeing gets boring after a while, no matter where you're at. Especially when there's work to be done.

 

I just learned.. I hate NY. Although the building I was working on was right next to the freedom tower. Close enough, the building had structural damage from 9/11. I got to hear some crazy stories. 

 

Boston is full of assholes, and great beer.

 

California is California

 

Florida is like California but humid.

post #50613 of 61938
Mrs. A. still doesn't get that business travel flat out sucks, and she always wants to tag along when I have a trip somewhere cool. I fucking hate trying to coordinate my work schedule around her vacation schedule on these trips. Still, our LA trip worked out well last week, mostly because I took a couple of days of vacation after my meetings. Luckily most of my trips are to insanely boring places that she has no desire to visit.
post #50614 of 61938
Our vacuum cleaner died, and now I have to buy a new one. I am sifting through Consumer Reports reviews of fucking vacuum cleaners. Ugh.
post #50615 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Mrs. A. still doesn't get that business travel flat out sucks, and she always wants to tag along when I have a trip somewhere cool. I fucking hate trying to coordinate my work schedule around her vacation schedule on these trips. Still, our LA trip worked out well last week, mostly because I took a couple of days of vacation after my meetings. Luckily most of my trips are to insanely boring places that she has no desire to visit.

Yeah I always had friends trying to meet me. It sucked coordinating all of it. If I had free time, I either slept or did my own thing around town. Only time I was active was playing volleyball in Cali. 

 

I once flew from CA to NY to GA to AZ, drove to Mexico for a tournament, then back to AZ, then flew back to GA for two weeks. That's when I got sick. Apparently stress does shit to you.

post #50616 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

good luck shacking the funk, gentlemen.

its interesting, I spent a lot of time thinking about this stuff as a teenager, set myself on course and I have to say that I haven't really thought about it that much, since. I had a rough patch when I walked away from the military life in my early twenties and took a path towards business, but even that was a matter of thinking about a course adjustment. I can't say I've had a real existential issue aside from that.

I'm jealous. I lost my angst in my early 30s but it seems to have been rearing its ugly head in the last couple of years from time to time.
post #50617 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Our vacuum cleaner died, and now I have to buy a new one. I am sifting through Consumer Reports reviews of fucking vacuum cleaners. Ugh.

I just bought a hard wood floor specific vacuum (for pets).

things that piss me off right now:

- dry cleaning is actually more expensive here in CT than in brooklyn.
- cleaning ladies are actually more expensive here in CT than in brooklyn.
- diesel gas is a LOT more expensive here in CT than in brooklyn.
- getting my dog neutered in CT will cost almost TWICE compared to his vet in brooklyn.

WTF i thought moving out to semi-suburbia would mean shit like dry cleaning/gas/cleaning ladies/and Veterinarians would be cheaper.
post #50618 of 61938
I finished up my tenure dossier yesterday, which I'm happy about. But now that I've got that weight off my shoulders, I am relaxed like a rag doll and don't feel like performing my tasks. Unfortunately, I don't really have the option of not performing my tasks today.
post #50619 of 61938
Well congrats irregardless!
post #50620 of 61938
I have to take Humanities 100 this fall to graduate...WTF
post #50621 of 61938
I've got 23 days stored up, as well as 2 unused floating holidays remaining for the year....plus almost another day every 2 weeks.

It rolls over (except the holidays), but I really need to plan some things to kill this stuff off. I've got lots of places I want to go, and I need a break...but I have been having trouble planning far enough ahead that I can actually take a week and not be worried about it.

Will burn some up around the holidays, but I need something solid.
post #50622 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

I have to take Humanities 100 this fall to graduate...WTF

Good.
post #50623 of 61938
I support 14 different salespeople, which is stretching my admittedly lousy time management skills to the max. Twice in the last 24 hours I've had to scramble around to reschedule shit because someone asked me for a time slot in an email a week ago and never bothered to put it on my calendar.

Fucking aggravating.
post #50624 of 61938
Excel. How does Calculating get changed to Manual? Fucking hell, I was starting to tear my eyeballs out.
post #50625 of 61938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Excel. How does Calculating get changed to Manual? Fucking hell, I was starting to tear my eyeballs out.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

Also, sometimes things get stuck in text formats when you are trying to make formulas and it gets infuriating.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.