or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3257

post #48841 of 64870
moving fucking sucks.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the wife and I had so much shit Tetris-ed into our old 2.5 bedroom place (accumulated over 4 years). the movers naturally balked at the original quote. I didn't care and just paid them whatever they wanted, in fairness - it was a lot of shit to move - A lot more than everyone expected.

seeing three dudes move a mountain of furniture and boxes kind of made me feel inadequate - I've never worked as hard physically in my life as those movers did on friday/saturday. Sure I've been sleep deprived and worked hard, but not lifting 80lbs boxes alone over and over again hard.

since my wife's half a world away I figure I can just sit back and let the movers do their thing right? Nope she facetime's me over the iPhone during the move and I eventually have to just cut her off and hang up. While I was unpacking I started raging over the amount of useless shit we had (extra clothes, lame furniture, ect).

then the movers and I had to deal with the crazy outbound traffic (mass exodus of NYC'ers for the holiday weekend). normally a 40min drive turned into a two hour crawl.

plus during the whole move the weather was wicked hot and humid.

also the cable/internet situation is hellacious. When I talked to the neighbor about going with Optimum he kind of stifled his laugh and said "maybe they'll be good with you". of course after installation (on friday during the move) the internet and cable goes out that night. When I get the cable/internet back it turns out that the great price they offered me was this shitty assed package of slow internet and a cable lineup that doesn't even have espn and lame fucking channels like C-SPan HD ffffuuuu.gif the comparable package I had with Time Warner will now cost twice as much.

facepalm.gif
post #48842 of 64870
$703 to repair the side-view mirror of this car.
post #48843 of 64870
sorry the move sucked, doc. at least its done and at least you didnt have to do the heavy lifting.
post #48844 of 64870
Worth it to clear out stuff now and again. We literally donated 7 big black trash bags of clothes from my wife's closet and 2 big bags from mine. Funny part was that my closet is always organized and a quick look always suggested all is well. However upon closer inspection I found quite a few things that were no longer needed.
post #48845 of 64870
yeah, im a huge pack rat. my wife has to sneak into my closet and dresser to donate old undershirts and what not. she gives away her old clothing almost after every season. thankfully, she does not have expensive tastes, so restocking is not an issue.
post #48846 of 64870
Wife and I got stuck in San Francisco due to this plane crash. Which, on the whole, was not bad--there are far worse places to be stranded, and thankfully we weren't yet at the airport, so we just got a hotel room in the city for another night and had fun for another day.

The thing that pissed me off was Delta's way of letting us know that our flight was cancelled. We get an automated phone call that literally just says "Your flight has been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience. Goodbye."

No "press 1 to speak to a representative to rebook you" or "call this number for a new flight" or anything. Just "You're fucked, whoops. Bye!" Had to dig up the reservation phone number (which they really bury as they want everything to go through their website) and call them up, and wait on hold for 30 minutes to get anyone to rebook us.
post #48847 of 64870
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

$703 to repair the side-view mirror of this car.

Are you joking? I just got new rear brakes for $500.
post #48848 of 64870
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Wife and I got stuck in San Francisco due to this plane crash. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which, on the whole, was not bad--there are far worse places to be stranded, and thankfully we weren't yet at the airport, so we just got a hotel room in the city for another night and had fun for another day.

The thing that pissed me off was Delta's way of letting us know that our flight was cancelled. We get an automated phone call that literally just says "Your flight has been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience. Goodbye."

No "press 1 to speak to a representative to rebook you" or "call this number for a new flight" or anything. Just "You're fucked, whoops. Bye!" Had to dig up the reservation phone number (which they really bury as they want everything to go through their website) and call them up, and wait on hold for 30 minutes to get anyone to rebook us.

nothing like good old fashioned american customer service!
post #48849 of 64870
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

yeah, im a huge pack rat. my wife has to sneak into my closet and dresser to donate old undershirts and what not. she gives away her old clothing almost after every season. thankfully, she does not have expensive tastes, so restocking is not an issue.

I like everything to have room, so I try and toss stuff regularly. If you ignore it for a year or so it can get out of hand.

Hardest thing for me to toss is a pair of shoes, not sure why.
post #48850 of 64870
Yeah, I have a lot of beat shoes that I can't throw away. I will soon though.
post #48851 of 64870
We did some major purging when we moved, and it was incredible how much stuff we managed to get rid of. A good bit of it was furniture from the guest bedroom/office that we sold because the new apartment is smaller than our old house (and it's a good excuse to get better stuff when we go back to a bigger place), but we also got rid of an enormous amount of random stuff. Even after selling furniture, we had enough stuff for a flat-bed truck trip to the dump and another to donate to Goodwill. On top of that, we still have a good bit of stuff in storage that we're slowly sorting and trashing/donating.

It's really amazing how much you can accumulate if you're not careful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Are you joking? I just got new rear brakes for $500.

Sorry, Conne, while I agree that whatever Ed is talking about seems outrageous, unless that was a complete rebuild of the rear brakes, you didn't do a whole lot better.
post #48852 of 64870
lol SG and pB, i have so many old shoes that i cant get myself toss for some reason, as well. makes my wife so mad.

in other news, my 4 o'clock appointment cancelled about 30 minutes ago. so mad. i was done my last appt at 3:15. i could have narrowly escaped the horrible traffic. now, i either have to fight the worst possible traffic for over 2 hours, or wait til like 5:45 to leave. this is such a PIA. i hate people who are inconsiderate of other peoples time.
post #48853 of 64870
Some Saint Crispin MTO shoes arrived at Leffot and mine were not one of them. ffffuuuu.gif
post #48854 of 64870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

We did some major purging when we moved, and it was incredible how much stuff we managed to get rid of. A good bit of it was furniture from the guest bedroom/office that we sold because the new apartment is smaller than our old house (and it's a good excuse to get better stuff when we go back to a bigger place), but we also got rid of an enormous amount of random stuff. Even after selling furniture, we had enough stuff for a flat-bed truck trip to the dump and another to donate to Goodwill. On top of that, we still have a good bit of stuff in storage that we're slowly sorting and trashing/donating.

It's really amazing how much you can accumulate if you're not careful.
Sorry, Conne, while I agree that whatever Ed is talking about seems outrageous, unless that was a complete rebuild of the rear brakes, you didn't do a whole lot better.

New drums, shoes, springs. I think it was like $470.
post #48855 of 64870
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol SG and pB, i have so many old shoes that i cant get myself toss for some reason, as well. makes my wife so mad.

in other news, my 4 o'clock appointment cancelled about 30 minutes ago. so mad. i was done my last appt at 3:15. i could have narrowly escaped the horrible traffic. now, i either have to fight the worst possible traffic for over 2 hours, or wait til like 5:45 to leave. this is such a PIA. i hate people who are inconsiderate of other peoples time.

Stuff like that makes me furious.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.