or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3137

post #47041 of 66510
"This one guy, Link can doesn't, whoa nelly, is he something else!"
post #47042 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

"This one guy, Link can doesn't, whoa nelly, is he something else!"

If you say things that make sense, that will help the conversation go a little bit better. teacha.gif
post #47043 of 66510
Bhowie, hope you get things straightened out. Don't let a crazy job ruin your life.
post #47044 of 66510
Piob--I had a dream last night where you were in it (granted I have no idea what you look like) and you fucking hated me. Like there was some party we were at and you were making it known to all that you and I were not friends. Something noteworthy happened in the dream that I wanted to relay but I've already forgotten it.

I woke up legitimately upset. frown.gif
post #47045 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

It turned out to be no problem, so that's good.

CALAMITY AVOIDED!!!
Quote:
It had not.
Okay, maybe a little while because I forgot to bring it inside the last time I wore it, but the weather has been mild and I park underground during the day. It's not like it was in there baking.

ok, this makes me feel a little better. smile.gif
post #47046 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Piob--I had a dream last night where you were in it (granted I have no idea what you look like) and you fucking hated me. Like there was some party we were at and you were making it known to all that you and I were not friends. Something noteworthy happened in the dream that I wanted to relay but I've already forgotten it.

I woke up legitimately upset. frown.gif

The important thing is that you realize you had it coming to you.
post #47047 of 66510
acid - so sorry to hear that. condolences to the family. and like G said, i hope they had some kind of financial plan.
post #47048 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

It wasn't a dream.

FYP
post #47049 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

also curious: would diet coke/coke zero be alright mixed with cocktails, or does whatever they add in there react with alcohol and turn someone into a mutant?

I've never heard of anything that would make it a problem.
post #47050 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

also curious: would diet coke/coke zero be alright mixed with cocktails, or does whatever they add in there react with alcohol and turn someone into a mutant?

I use Lime Diet Coke for my whisky and cokes at home and nothing else. Been drinking them for many years.
post #47051 of 66510
I got some Meyers Clean Day dishwasher liquid. Didn't read the instructions. Turns out it was supposed to be a tbsp per load, not just "fill up the little cup". Now my kitchen is very sudsy.
post #47052 of 66510
I came into work early, having cleared my entire calendar for today because I am going on a biz trip and need to create my presentations.

It's past 11 and I haven't even been able to open the file because I'm dealing with fucking nonsense
post #47053 of 66510
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

...Get to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial which was really moving. Went once as a kid which meant almost nothing. There were people posing and smiling for photos there. I was like WTF is wrong with you? Go to the Lincoln Memorial. Despite signs all over the place that ask for silence, its fucking loud as shit. Korean War Memorial was OK (there were some problems with the memorial itself but whatever...) and a couple of hipsters stuck their fixies in the fountain and were trying to take photos of them (I shit you not). Then the WWII memorial was just waaaaaaay too literal and reflective of the way Americans try to memorialize shit now which just doesn't work. I get that they wanted to show how the war hit every state and territory, fine. But we don't need 30 quotes engraved everywhere and fountains poring water all over the place with two giant geysers in the middle. The worst is that its right in the shadow of the Washington Monument so its like, the architects had no excuse for designing that mess. Memorials work best in their abstraction and simplicity. We know Vietnam was a horrible loss of life for the U.S. because we have a simple printing of all the names rising to a crescendo. WM expresses power and authority. I'm not sure what the other new ones are trying to convey because they keep trying to tell us what to think. It just really bothered me.

It is funny how the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial went from being seen as non-traditional to sort of the standard bearer for today's minimal memorials. I think I remember learning that Maya Lin received a C on the entry as an undergrad. Her original presentation wasn't exactly thrilling though -

File source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MayaLinsubmission.jpg

I had the same experience as you when I first saw the WWII Memorial - just overly literal and not really moving like some of the other memorials. The states thing and everyone taking a smiling picture in front of their state contributed heavily to this.
post #47054 of 66510
My brother is getting married next weekend. (Not angry about that part.) And so of course people have started asking me when I'm going to get married. I do not enjoy having that conversation.
post #47055 of 66510
Well, when are you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.