or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3105

post #46561 of 67923
Oh, shit!
post #46562 of 67923
What's going on with this recent uptick of the faces of pissed off old people in internet ads? It seems like it started a couple of weeks ago and now they're everywhere.
post #46563 of 67923
It is a weird marketing scheme. A coworker and I have been talking about it for about a year. It is always a "Weird" trick and such. Sometimes they will use pictures of random things on the internet (for example, the power companies hated some guy because he discovered a "weird" trick and the picture was of an electric vehicle battery stolen from a company who manufactures them)

If you actually click on the ads it links you to a site where you can buy random goods. So bizarre.
post #46564 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

It is a weird marketing scheme. A coworker and I have been talking about it for about a year. It is always a "Weird" trick and such. Sometimes they will use pictures of random things on the internet (for example, the power companies hated some guy because he discovered a "weird" trick and the picture was of an electric vehicle battery stolen from a company who manufactures them)

If you actually click on the ads it links you to a site where you can buy random goods. So bizarre.

Nah, they all take you to different scams. The power company weird trick takes you to some people who want to sell you way overpriced solar conversion equipment (or rather to a video that talks about how awesome they are and doesn't mention that they were the ones who produced it).

I forget where the scared billionaire one takes you...
post #46565 of 67923
scared billionaire is about the coming fall of all world economies and how investments are a scam.... it's probably for buying gold or something.

the best of those weird vids is the "how to get any girl into bed" trick.... you know, just flashing the junk doesn't always works lol8[1].gif
post #46566 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

His ethics would be frowned upon in such an august body.

yes, but do results count for nothing these days? maybe he could be brought on in a 1099 consultant like role?
post #46567 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


the best of those weird vids is the "how to get any girl into bed" trick.... you know, just flashing the junk doesn't always works lol8[1].gif

YMMV
post #46568 of 67923
What in the fucking fuck?

I checked my auto insurance policy and it erroneously had two cars on the policy.. But I had sold one so I called them up thinking my premium would go down if I only have one car on the policy.

Nope. Fucking costs me more to insure one car than two because I lose the multi car discount. How the fuck does that make sense at all? Wtf.
post #46569 of 67923
Get another car.
post #46570 of 67923
Seriously.. What's to stop me from calling them up and saying I bought a junker car worth $500 so as to reduce my premiums.

Still trying to wrap my head around how it costs me more to insure one car.. WTF.
post #46571 of 67923
Getting thrown in jail for insurance fraud?

Can you insure something else to get a reduced rate and added benefit? Renter's insurance or something?

Try to negotiate the lower rate for being a good client or something.
post #46572 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Getting thrown in jail for insurance fraud?

Can you insure something else to get a reduced rate and added benefit? Renter's insurance or something?

Okay, but other than that?
post #46573 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

What in the fucking fuck?

I checked my auto insurance policy and it erroneously had two cars on the policy.. But I had sold one so I called them up thinking my premium would go down if I only have one car on the policy.

Nope. Fucking costs me more to insure one car than two because I lose the multi car discount. How the fuck does that make sense at all? Wtf.

LOL. You're right, makes no sense at all. A multi-car discount that gives you a total premium that is less than it would cost to insure both cars separately makes sense. Two cars being cheaper than one car in absolute terms seems pretty stupid.
post #46574 of 67923
Maybe they assume you split the time between cars 50 50...so the shitty car lowers the average.

Shitty car = $200
Nice car = $500

50% Shitty + 50% Nice = .5*200 + .5*500 = 350.
post #46575 of 67923
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Getting thrown in jail for insurance fraud?

Can you insure something else to get a reduced rate and added benefit? Renter's insurance or something?

Try to negotiate the lower rate for being a good client or something.

Yeah I considered adding life insurance and it saves me a whopping 60 bucks a year on car insurance through the bundling discount.

A million in term life insurance will cost me 60 a month.. Considering I don't have kids, a mortgage, or wife, probably going to pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

LOL. You're right, makes no sense at all. A multi-car discount that gives you a total premium that is less than it would cost to insure both cars separately makes sense. Two cars being cheaper than one car in absolute terms seems pretty stupid.

Seriously.

Turns out OTC is correct. I called them up and they said the liability gets split between the two cars.

Now I'm seriously considering buying an old ass civic or something off of Craigslist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.