or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3097

post #46441 of 66064
Legs fell asleep while looking at SF on the toilet.
post #46442 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Internal monologue of driver in crowded parking lot in St. Louis on a Saturday afternoon:

"Ain't no one in mah payth so's I can see, I can go as fayst as I waunt of 30 e'en 35 AIN'T NO ONE IN MAH PAYTH WOOHOO!!!"
St. Louisians are taught to think in lisps?
post #46443 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

St. Louisians are taught to think in lisps?

I have a suspicion that the people I'm referring to aren't actually St. Louisans, but rather visitors from the more rural regions to the south and west. They do not speak like St. Louisans. (Also, payth = path.)
post #46444 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Legs fell asleep while looking at SF on the toilet.

This happens to me daily.
post #46445 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Legs fell asleep while looking at SF on the toilet.

That's commitment.
post #46446 of 66064
I hate street fairs.

They are somehow the exact encouragement require for the dregs of society to come out and roam around in the town where I live.
Edited by SkinnyGoomba - 4/28/13 at 12:15pm
post #46447 of 66064
I think I'm going to sell stock to pay off the credit card debt that has been hanging over me for several years. I'd love to keep the stock but as it stands, I have a negative savings rate to the tune of $5K thanks to the CC debt (I spent like a drunken sailor in college).

The whole ordeal is a maddening reminder of how stupid I was with money.
post #46448 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I think I'm going to sell stock to pay off the credit card debt that has been hanging over me for several years. I'd love to keep the stock but as it stands, I have a negative savings rate to the tune of $5K thanks to the CC debt (I spent like a drunken sailor in college).

The whole ordeal is a maddening reminder of how stupid I was with money.

Do it, you'll feel better. Just this month all four of my accounts read positive for the first time since university. That shit feels good man!
post #46449 of 66064
Yeah, I think paying it off it will be a serious psychological boost.
post #46450 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Yeah, I think paying it off it will be a serious psychological boost.

What rate are you paying vs your expected return this year on the investment?
post #46451 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Yeah, I think paying it off it will be a serious psychological boost.

And paying off CC debt is a sure thing vs. the stock market. Do it and never run up those cards again.
post #46452 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

And paying off CC debt is a sure thing vs. the stock market. Do it and never run up those cards again.
This, definitely this.
post #46453 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

What rate are you paying vs your expected return this year on the investment?

Almost certainly more than he's like to make in the markets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

And paying off CC debt is a sure thing vs. the stock market. Do it and never run up those cards again.

Exactly. Do it.
post #46454 of 66064
stupid allergies kept me indoors for part of todays family outdoor activities. sucks.
post #46455 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Almost certainly more than he's like to make in the markets...

Likely, yes.

Shifting the debt to a 0 interest intro rate card is also an option. I get at least one in the mail a week.

I'm not necessarily advising this, but he'd kick himself if he missed a great quarter and the stock jumped 10% in a day. I carry a small debt on a 0 interest intro just because there is no point paying it off when I can work the $ instead. I've got about another 6 months left of 0%.

At Conne's age, I do tend to agree, being free of dept when you don't have a lot of income is usually the right move.
Edited by idfnl - 4/28/13 at 5:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.