or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3081

post #46201 of 70213
And lose in the first round of the playoffs? devil.gif
post #46202 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

And lose in the first round of the playoffs? devil.gif

haha... I know... that was brutal! now THAT was something that really pissed me off! happy.gif
post #46203 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

sorry Stitch but this is exactly (and only part of) the reason my friend who works at Apple told me to go thru Apple to get the phone, not the provider (and mine is Verizon as well). You can get the $49 replacement, they will transfer your contacts and update the phone for free (Verizon wanted $20 or $25) as well as generally more knowledgable service about the phone, functionality, updates etc from the Apple crew. my bad if that only exacerbates your pissed off level. shog[1].gif

FML

maybe ill return mine and head off to the apple store over the wekend. thanks for the 411. (yes, i just said that)
post #46204 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Rookie mistake. Never fly American censored.gif

Yeah.. fuck me. Just got home. Their airplanes are old as shit, too.

Also, second night in a row sending my manager slides after midnight. This project is slaughtering me and I somehow got assigned the workstreams that are more difficult and tedious than the ones that were assigned to the post-MBA co-worker on my project team. How the fuck..

Can't fucking WAIT for the weekend, holy shit.
post #46205 of 70213
dammit. last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. frown.gif
post #46206 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

dammit. last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. frown.gif

Sad story...frown.gif

I hope he will pull through it..
post #46207 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

dammit. last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. frown.gif

Sad story...frown.gif

I hope he will pull through it..
post #46208 of 70213
^ from what I've heard, there will be no pullng through.
post #46209 of 70213
i'm so sorry acidboy. never know what to say in situations like this, but thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family
post #46210 of 70213
sorry about that. Acid.



last week I heard of the death of somebody I really only knew marginally - the little sister of a friend of mine (forgive me if I already posted about it, I don't think that I did) - very pretty girl, really sweet, always very nice to me, even though we typically only saw each other once or twice a year. she married her high school sweetheart, had a few kids, got an mba and, I think, she taught at a business school. really nice girl. died last week at 41. sucks.
post #46211 of 70213
damn stay safe boston. city looks like its in total lockdown.

I just updated safari and its constantly quitting whenever I try to sign into anything, or browse on youtube. I'm getting flashbacks of crappy crash-y applications from my old early 2000's windows days.
post #46212 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

sorry about that. Acid.



last week I heard of the death of somebody I really only knew marginally - the little sister of a friend of mine (forgive me if I already posted about it, I don't think that I did) - very pretty girl, really sweet, always very nice to me, even though we typically only saw each other once or twice a year. she married her high school sweetheart, had a few kids, got an mba and, I think, she taught at a business school. really nice girl. died last week at 41. sucks.

My dad's cousin, who I'm not sure I ever met (maybe when I was a baby), just died this week at 41. Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer less than a year ago.

I recall my grandma being upset about it in her final days last year, when we first heard about my cousin. Gram was fully resigned to her fate, but was heartbroken over the fact that a 41 year old with two kids didn't have long to live.
post #46213 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

dammit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. frown.gif

really sorry to hear that, acid. best wishes to him and his family.
post #46214 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

verizon did not offer this to me. wtf?

It is an Apple deal, not through the carrier.
post #46215 of 70213
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

dammit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
last year we had to let go of an employee who's been with us for around 10 years and contributed a lot to the organization. he kept having stomach pains and claimed it was recurring ulcer. we referred him to a doctor, and also saw his regular physician. last year he requested to go on leave for a couple of months to get better, and I personally checked with him and his spouse on how he's doing- specially since he looked like he lost more than 50 pounds. he kept on insisting it was ulcer and all that, and I told him that he should get mri's and a colonoscopy and all those other probes. after the 2 months he came back to work, but was obviously not 100% and we talked and agreed that he resign and go get himself better. that was late last year.

just found out 5 minutes ago that yesterday he was diagnosed with cancer. frown.gif

really sorry to hear that, acid. best wishes to him and his family.

I'm so sorry to hear it, please accept my condolences. I'm shocked that it took so long to diagnose, when he had symptoms last year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.