or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 3015

post #45211 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

My best friend wants to go to law school and I know for a fact he will be successful as fuck.

Not even because of whatever law school he gets into, but because he has an amazing network and his charisma and ability to relate to ANYONE is beyond anyone I've ever seen.

He's the most charming motherfucker I've ever met, it's ridiculous.

I've never read a guy post more 1st world problems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I get kinda pissy when I IM people and they don't respond. Even though I'm also pissy when all these fucking people IM me out of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

People still IM? confused.gif Are you 14?

You took the words out of my mouth.

The worst 'collaborative' tool on the planet. Nothing hinders a solid 30 mins of productive work more.
post #45212 of 64863
A neighbor that I sort of call a friend but would more accurately be described as "a fuckup I feel sorry for" came over today shitfaced drunk and knocked over my tv, fucking up two of the HDMI ports. Then when I told him to go home and sleep before he hurt himself, he got in his car and totaled it at the end of the block.
post #45213 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

On my walk home from the grocery store I saw some future stop & frisk victims tazing a pitbull puppy for fun. This world is fucking sick.

this makes me so fucking angry. I'd be tempted to take a stealth phone video of the act then send it to gothamist or something.
post #45214 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That's a very good question. I'm not being snarky but I always view it as a relationship where the professional side is nothing but a series of products to sell. I have these guys stalk me quite a bit and I've never seen nor heard of anything to justify a 1-1.5% cut of the balance plus commission on trades.

It's often even more costly than that. Money managers exist to make money...for them, not you.
post #45215 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I've never read a guy post more 1st world problems.

Lolwut? How is pointing out the fact that charisma being monumental in prompting one's success a first world problem?

A first world problem is my having to read your stupid shit on an online men's style forum.

You silly dunce.
post #45216 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

A neighbor that I sort of call a friend but would more accurately be described as "a fuckup I feel sorry for" came over today shitfaced drunk and knocked over my tv, fucking up two of the HDMI ports. Then when I told him to go home and sleep before he hurt himself, he got in his car and totaled it at the end of the block.

frown.gif that is no good. what a mess.
post #45217 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

this makes me so fucking angry. I'd be tempted to take a stealth phone video of the act then send it to gothamist or something.

Yeah. I'd have taken a picture if I knew they wouldn't taze me too.
post #45218 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

It's often even more costly than that. Money managers exist to make money...for them, not you.

Clearly they are doing it to provide a income, that much should be clear to everyone involved, to say or imply otherwise is foolish. That said a person who takes a certain level of pride and has some decent self respect will know that they have to also add some level of value to the mix or they will be out of a job as grinding clients for trades doesn't work. This can be found in a few different areas like asset selection, risk management, income enhancement or just plain advice in the simplest of forms.

I would agree that 1% or greater can be a hefty fee to pay and most people who are in the position to need a manager would/should be paying less but there is a degree of fault of the consumer to make sure that they are paying a fee that is both fair and stated up front. I find it hard to feel sorry for people who purchase something, advised or not, where the fee is found to be higher than expected after the fact.

All wrapped up I think that 0.3-0.9% is fair for 90% of the people I meet, clearly the larger the household the smaller the fee becomes but there is also a factor of the asset mix that comes into play. A higher weighting of equity vs fixed income will tend to make the process more costly to the client(hence the 0.9 range). The hedge fund people have done a amazing job telling people that 2-3 and 10-30 is fair which makes me roll in my head.

Again it all comes down to those three topics that I mentioned before and if you have all three. If so than you should be able to do a fine job as long as you don't think that you have any insight on where the market is going, no one does. Making large bets on the direction of anything is just that and was best done in Vegas when they would give you free drinks to do so. Think with a real plan and a goal for what you want the investement to do as you will never have another chance after the fact. Most people I meet are in the later stage of life after they have blown up a sizable chunk of money, sad.
post #45219 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

A neighbor that I sort of call a friend but would more accurately be described as "a fuckup I feel sorry for" came over today shitfaced drunk and knocked over my tv, fucking up two of the HDMI ports. Then when I told him to go home and sleep before he hurt himself, he got in his car and totaled it at the end of the block.

Brutal.
post #45220 of 64863
This guy moved to a desk near me. He was moved because he annoyed the shit out of his previous office neighbors. There is a case being built against him to have him fired. He has diarrhea of the mouth and wont shut up, but he is a genuinely nice guy, and lonely. Still, he was about to cause a crisis for my dept, so I argued with him and it sucked up about 2 hrs of my time today. Not just arguing, but me researching stuff to prove a point, him asking for the links to what I read, me giving him the links, then he never reads them and keeps on arguing. All of this exchange is in a polite manner. He can't stop talking, and when he talks, its not a conversation, he just talks on blast, and he speaks so slowly and makes no points about what he is saying. I've known people who are long winded, and he is so next level I don't know how to describe it. I was nice to him before, but today I was cold to him, drove conversations to a dead end, told him I had to work on something else, and turned my back on him to do stuff on my comp. He still kept on talking...and talking. He has some kind of social dysfunction.

My productivity took a nose dive today. He is a nice guy, but he doesn't fit in. I have to ad my voice to the rest who want him fired. In one day he went from a minor annoyance who I could regard with some small amount of amusement to a crippling plague. In the mean time I'm going to raise hell to HR to get him moved to a different desk.

He also eats bad smelly food and burps all day long. My fiancee packed me a nice sandwich. I started to eat it and play the NPR hourly news on my phone. As soon as I started eating he started belching, which was absolutely disgusting, then started talking about NPR. Talking to me as I am listening to NPR is like watching TV, then having him stand in front of of the TV so I can't see it then say "Hey man, do you like watching TV?"
post #45221 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

This guy moved to a desk near me. He was moved because he annoyed the shit out of his previous office neighbors. There is a case being built against him to have him fired. He has diarrhea of the mouth and wont shut up, but he is a genuinely nice guy, and lonely. Still, he was about to cause a crisis for my dept, so I argued with him and it sucked up about 2 hrs of my time today. Not just arguing, but me researching stuff to prove a point, him asking for the links to what I read, me giving him the links, then he never reads them and keeps on arguing. All of this exchange is in a polite manner. He can't stop talking, and when he talks, its not a conversation, he just talks on blast, and he speaks so slowly and makes no points about what he is saying. I've known people who are long winded, and he is so next level I don't know how to describe it. I was nice to him before, but today I was cold to him, drove conversations to a dead end, told him I had to work on something else, and turned my back on him to do stuff on my comp. He still kept on talking...and talking. He has some kind of social dysfunction.

My productivity took a nose dive today. He is a nice guy, but he doesn't fit in. I have to ad my voice to the rest who want him fired. In one day he went from a minor annoyance who I could regard with some small amount of amusement to a crippling plague. In the mean time I'm going to raise hell to HR to get him moved to a different desk.

He also eats bad smelly food and burps all day long. My fiancee packed me a nice sandwich. I started to eat it and play the NPR hourly news on my phone. As soon as I started eating he started belching, which was absolutely disgusting, then started talking about NPR. Talking to me as I am listening to NPR is like watching TV, then having him stand in front of of the TV so I can't see it then say "Hey man, do you like watching TV?"

Reading this annoyed me. Add my name to the petition to get that f'er fired.

post #45222 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

This guy moved to a desk near me. He was moved because he annoyed the shit out of his previous office neighbors. There is a case being built against him to have him fired. He has diarrhea of the mouth and wont shut up, but he is a genuinely nice guy, and lonely. Still, he was about to cause a crisis for my dept, so I argued with him and it sucked up about 2 hrs of my time today. Not just arguing, but me researching stuff to prove a point, him asking for the links to what I read, me giving him the links, then he never reads them and keeps on arguing. All of this exchange is in a polite manner. He can't stop talking, and when he talks, its not a conversation, he just talks on blast, and he speaks so slowly and makes no points about what he is saying. I've known people who are long winded, and he is so next level I don't know how to describe it. I was nice to him before, but today I was cold to him, drove conversations to a dead end, told him I had to work on something else, and turned my back on him to do stuff on my comp. He still kept on talking...and talking. He has some kind of social dysfunction.

My productivity took a nose dive today. He is a nice guy, but he doesn't fit in. I have to ad my voice to the rest who want him fired. In one day he went from a minor annoyance who I could regard with some small amount of amusement to a crippling plague. In the mean time I'm going to raise hell to HR to get him moved to a different desk.

He also eats bad smelly food and burps all day long. My fiancee packed me a nice sandwich. I started to eat it and play the NPR hourly news on my phone. As soon as I started eating he started belching, which was absolutely disgusting, then started talking about NPR. Talking to me as I am listening to NPR is like watching TV, then having him stand in front of of the TV so I can't see it then say "Hey man, do you like watching TV?"

LOL sounds like a few poasters around here.

(though, I haven't penned any fart haiku in years)
post #45223 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

A neighbor that I sort of call a friend but would more accurately be described as "a fuckup I feel sorry for" came over today shitfaced drunk and knocked over my tv, fucking up two of the HDMI ports. Then when I told him to go home and sleep before he hurt himself, he got in his car and totaled it at the end of the block.

Sounds like an opportunity to turn this into some business representing him for DUI! shog[1].gif
post #45224 of 64863
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Sounds like an opportunity to turn this into some business representing him for DUI! shog[1].gif

Here's the weird part of that story. The cops showed up and he blew a .27 and didn't get arrested. I can't for the life of me understand it.
post #45225 of 64863
Booth,

Vanguard gives you the advisor service for free at a certain threshold (which I forget which threshold it is). It has shortened the research I had to do looking for a bond fund on occasion, but they usually use it as a leap off point to try and get you to move more money into funds rather than individual securities.

I'm sure a good wealth manager could be helpful for the right client, but I find them to be generally a little over-zealous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.