or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2991

post #44851 of 69293
I regularly wear a sportcoat without a tie, never a suit though, that just looks rediculous.
post #44852 of 69293
So our building just sent out an email that a car (mine) was parked in a supposedly reserved part of on of the garages for "oversized vehicles." I drive an old-ass wagon.

There is no indication of any sort that any spots are reserved other than handicapped spaces.

Move my car, get back fire an email to the building manager informing them "There is nothing to indicate any spaces are reserved. My car is two feet longer than the vehicle next to it.

Please inform me if any other spaces are reserved."

Should have added at the end "because a survey of the garage reveals none are."

They even gave me a fake fucking ticket and I had some matches so I burned part of it so it would be visible what was up. It was very cathartic.
post #44853 of 69293
I see it all the time up here and it drives me crazy. I think it has something to do with the oil and gas being a large buisness sector here unlike banking/investments in other areas. This is ok if that is the area that you are in but I work in money management and couldn't imagine going into a meeting dressed like stuff didn't matter. Pin striped suit, three day stubble(cause the armani add did it), white shirt with a poped up collar and I'd love to invest your 8 million....give me a break.
post #44854 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

I regularly wear a sportcoat without a tie, never a suit though, that just looks rediculous.

Same here, though i have seen some good looks of a suit without a tie. Parker recently posted one in SWD and it looked great. At least in my opinion anyway.
post #44855 of 69293
It can look good but not in a buisness situation, IMO. Linen suit while exporting crack to the US, perfect. Bold striped suit while closing hostile take over of widow's pension fund, not so perfect.
post #44856 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

I see it all the time up here and it drives me crazy. I think it has something to do with the oil and gas being a large buisness sector here unlike banking/investments in other areas. This is ok if that is the area that you are in but I work in money management and couldn't imagine going into a meeting dressed like stuff didn't matter. Pin striped suit, three day stubble(cause the armani add did it), white shirt with a poped up collar and I'd love to invest your 8 million....give me a break.

Had to reply to this. Totally true. I'm in geoscience in Calgary, and I've gotten funny looks from friends for not wearing hiking boots to work every day in an office.
post #44857 of 69293
So I keep seeing individual hairs in front of my eyes and after I comb my hair but I can't tell if my hair is actually thinning out. Doesn't appear to be any when I shower in the drain. Also, this started happening after my hair got so long it gets in knots and i have to comb fairly hard. I just want to know one way or the other.
post #44858 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I was parking the car in the garage and forgot my house keys in the car. I secured my dog's leash with a carabiner clip to a latch in the back of my station wagon then went back into the car to get the house keys.

I finally found the keys and walked around and my fucking dog was missing.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
my wife was walking home from the subway and saw the open garage, the dog, and me fumbling around looking for something and decided to play a vicious practical joke. she unhooked the dog leash and walked him right home (our garage is around the block). Then she walked around the corner to spy on me. I was freaking out and jogging around and frantically looking around for any signs of the dog.
A cruel joke indeed. I would have freaked out for sure.
post #44859 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Crazy week at work and it ain't ova.
Same here. And to make it worse, I'm to busy to watch the NCAA tourney games. ffffuuuu.gif

inb4 "yet you're on sf."
post #44860 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

So I keep seeing individual hairs in front of my eyes and after I comb my hair but I can't tell if my hair is actually thinning out. Doesn't appear to be any when I shower in the drain. Also, this started happening after my hair got so long it gets in knots and i have to comb fairly hard. I just want to know one way or the other.

It is your eyebrows I betcha.
post #44861 of 69293
Sounds like a cool wife.
post #44862 of 69293
First day at work after a 2 week vacation. Ugh
post #44863 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Same here, though i have seen some good looks of a suit without a tie. Parker recently posted one in SWD and it looked great. At least in my opinion anyway.
Manton's always look good with a repp, or knit.
post #44864 of 69293
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

It can look good but not in a buisness situation, IMO. Linen suit while exporting crack to the US, perfect. Bold striped suit while closing hostile take over of widow's pension fund, not so perfect.

i agree with that. though for some people, a suit at all is overdressed for a business meeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

First day at work after a 2 week vacation. Ugh

hate that. takes me a few days to get back in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Manton's always look good with a repp, or knit.

and?
post #44865 of 69293
Jury duty summons ffffuuuu.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.