or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2944

post #44146 of 70195
All this expensive shit I keep buying is falling apart. I've got two pairs of boots, a pair of headphones, and a custom dress shirt that I need to send back for replacements or repair.
post #44147 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Yeah those people are the worst. Funny how these little life lessons are always from people whose lives you would never want to emulate.

This is how I feel when I see issue oriented bumper stickers on 15 year old, beaten up Hyundais.
post #44148 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

This is how I feel when I see issue oriented bumper stickers on 15 year old, beaten up Hyundais.
And on Priuses
post #44149 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

And on Priuses

Reminds me of last Friday. I slept in (damn cold) and drove into work around 8am. I took a different route hoping to avoid some traffic. I passed by a local high school and it was a traffic jam all up and down a two block radius. Just a crap ton of Priuses and similar dropping their special flower off to school. If you are so worried about the environment you drive a hybrid make your kid take the fucking bus.
post #44150 of 70195
Also - stupid fucking daylight savings time
post #44151 of 70195
Stevie, how'd you break your beats by Dre?
post #44152 of 70195
We have a new-ish guy in the office (started about six months ago) who has probably been sick at least four times since he started. Despite this, and despite the fact that our office is really good about letting people take sick leave when they need it, he refuses to take a day off when he's sick. Seriously, he hasn't taken a single one. Rather than take a day or two to get better, he seems to prefer to come in and share his misery with the rest of us. There's really no reason for it, either. He's not so critical to our operations that he just can't miss any time, and, like I said, management very, very, very rarely (if ever) gives any resistance to people who need some sick leave.

Other than that, he's a nice guy and does good work, but it's really aggravating that he sees no harm in coming in here and spreading his illness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Also - stupid fucking daylight savings time

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I've always thought it was absurd that we continue with such a ridiculous anachronism, but it has gotten even more aggravating now that I have a kid whose (and responsibilities that prevent me from sleeping in to compensate).
post #44153 of 70195
motherfucking usps.
post #44154 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

We have a new-ish guy in the office (started about six months ago) who has probably been sick at least four times since he started. Despite this, and despite the fact that our office is really good about letting people take sick leave when they need it, he refuses to take a day off when he's sick. Seriously, he hasn't taken a single one. Rather than take a day or two to get better, he seems to prefer to come in and share his misery with the rest of us. There's really no reason for it, either. He's not so critical to our operations that he just can't miss any time, and, like I said, management very, very, very rarely (if ever) gives any resistance to people who need some sick leave.

at least you wont be seeing him much longer.
post #44155 of 70195
G, I pretty much agree with you, particularly if you're in health care. I did just drag my ass into work with a cold though, which I rarely do, but had some shit I needed to do last week and I can hibernate in my office. If you're in cubi-land or see clients just stay home.
post #44156 of 70195
GD Daylight Savings.

I mean, it's nice having it be light when you leave work and all. But now its just darker in the morning, which makes it way harder to get up. Leaving for work when it's dark out feels so much worse to me than coming home when it's dark.
post #44157 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

We have a new-ish guy in the office (started about six months ago) who has probably been sick at least four times since he started. Despite this, and despite the fact that our office is really good about letting people take sick leave when they need it, he refuses to take a day off when he's sick. Seriously, he hasn't taken a single one. Rather than take a day or two to get better, he seems to prefer to come in and share his misery with the rest of us. There's really no reason for it, either. He's not so critical to our operations that he just can't miss any time, and, like I said, management very, very, very rarely (if ever) gives any resistance to people who need some sick leave.

Other than that, he's a nice guy and does good work, but it's really aggravating that he sees no harm in coming in here and spreading his illness.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I've always thought it was absurd that we continue with such a ridiculous anachronism, but it has gotten even more aggravating now that I have a kid whose (and responsibilities that prevent me from sleeping in to compensate).

Maybe he just doesn't get your office culture yet and needs to be informed that management would prefer that he stay home rather than show his utter devotion to work by showing up and infecting everyone. There are plenty of businesses that have the "come to work unless you're dying" culture, and in this economy, he might not want to take any chances unless explicitly told otherwise.
post #44158 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Maybe he just doesn't get your office culture yet and needs to be informed that management would prefer that he stay home rather than show his utter devotion to work by showing up and infecting everyone. There are plenty of businesses that have the "come to work unless you're dying" culture, and in this economy, he might not want to take any chances unless explicitly told otherwise.

Absolutely. His manager just needs to talk to him and tell him seriously, he needs to go home, it's OK.
post #44159 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

GD Daylight Savings.

I mean, it's nice having it be light when you leave work and all. But now its just darker in the morning, which makes it way harder to get up. Leaving for work when it's dark out feels so much worse to me than coming home when it's dark.

 

I disagree. The train back to NJ is a million times more tolerable post daylight savings. The pollution around Newark/Elizabeth/Secaucus makes for beautiful sunsets.

post #44160 of 70195
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

The pollution around Newark/Elizabeth/Secaucus makes for beautiful sunsets.

Well now, that's ironic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.