or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2895

post #43411 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

You're one of them...aren't you. Fess up. Well, no matter..you see all of the process that you deem more expensive than CGI are doing something else that CGI cannot do. Consider that the old school process creates real jobs for real people and ergo, stimulate a real economy. That alone defeats the pro-CGI submission. I understood your point and I see the argument but do you see the long view that I have stated?
Now that you brought up Game Of Thrones, I myself have seen only a few episodes of season 1. Wherever that guy fell through the hole in the floor...sorry...that CGI hole in the floor, is where I fell asleep. Never watched a minute more of it afterward.
I know...you are going to tell me, ' it gets better give it another chance'. Well, I can spare you the expenditure. To me, the entire saga could have been told in one 3 hour movie. All the profanity and breasts in the world could not make me watch it again. By the way...all of those breasts... were they real? or CGI? smile.gif
post #43412 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Poor guy. Me too...left the house at 5:15am and will get home around 9:30pm.

solidarity. i left home later, but i expect to get home closer to 11, unless i cut out early. which is looking like a real possibility.
post #43413 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

You're one of them...aren't you. Fess up. Well, no matter..you see all of the process that you deem more expensive than CGI are doing something else that CGI cannot do. Consider that the old school process creates real jobs for real people and ergo, stimulate a real economy. That alone defeats the pro-CGI submission. I understood your point and I see the argument but do you see the long view that I have stated?
Now that you brought up Game Of Thrones, I myself have seen only a few episodes of season 1. Wherever that guy fell through the hole in the floor...sorry...that CGI hole in the floor, is where I fell asleep. Never watched a minute more of it afterward.
I know...you are going to tell me, ' it gets better give it another chance'. Well, I can spare you the expenditure. To me, the entire saga could have been told in one 3 hour movie. All the profanity and breasts in the world could not make me watch it again. By the way...all of those breasts... were they real? or CGI? smile.gif

The way I look at it is this--CGI allows a lot of things to be made that otherwise would never be touched. I completely agree that it is overused, or used where it shouldnt be, and in a lot of those cases, it probably would be better to do it with physical effects--and possibly cheaper in some cases. But it absolutely has its uses, and in many cases is way cheaper than physical effects (basically, anything with explosions, fires, large numbers of people, boats, planes, etc)--primarily for exactly the reason you mentioned, it requires far fewer people to create. I will also say that I think that in an ideal world, CGI would be used primarily for background manipulation and things that would be impossible, or close thereto, to do otherwise.

I very much disagree that we should do *anything* because it requires more jobs than other ways of doing it. By that logic, we should preserve buggy whip manufacturers and blacksmiths. You are arguing that we should not do things in a more efficient manner because to do so would cause job loss--this logic would literally have left humanity in the bronze age as nothing new or more efficient would have been created or used.

Also disagree re: Game of Thrones--it's a great, great show IMO. But I'll grudgingly admit that that is just an opinion, and you are welcome to your own smile.gif
post #43414 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Well, I can spare you the expenditure. To me, the entire saga could have been told in one 3 hour movie. All the profanity and breasts in the world could not make me watch it again. By the way...all of those breasts... were they real? or CGI? smile.gif

There is no way that such an epic story could be told in a 3-hour movie.

It actually seemed like they toned down the breasts in the second season (maybe people got hooked on the story and didn't need boobs to bring them in)...we'll see what the 3rd season holds.
post #43415 of 64940
Just took my fourth dose of antibiotic for this fucking gum/tooth infection, and it doesn't feel like it's done much as of yet. This whole episode is making me very cranky.
post #43416 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Just took my fourth dose of antibiotic for this fucking gum/tooth infection, and it doesn't feel like it's done much as of yet. This whole episode is making me very cranky.

frown.gif

feel better.
post #43417 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Just took my fourth dose of antibiotic for this fucking gum/tooth infection, and it doesn't feel like it's done much as of yet. This whole episode is making me very cranky.

Good luck mate...

Dental pains are just awful..
post #43418 of 64940
I am having a crappy day. Last night when I got home from work, I was exhausted, so I took what I thought would be a short nap. Instead, I slept eleven hours and missed a meeting this morning. Thankfully I have built up some good will over the years I've been at my current job and so nobody was angry at me. But I felt awful about it. I don't think I've ever missed a meeting before.
post #43419 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Just took my fourth dose of antibiotic for this fucking gum/tooth infection, and it doesn't feel like it's done much as of yet. This whole episode is making me very cranky.

Last time I had similar, I felt the rumblings on Thursday, went to the dentist on Friday - she couldn't find anything obvious but prescribed antibiotics and something for pain - Friday night was pretty bad, the weekend was awful, but by Tuesday life was tolerable again. Good luck with yours.

I distinctly recall going to a HS football game Friday night with the Mrs, sitting in the board box, and having to smile at her colleagues which was an unusually burdensome chore that night, because of the tooth.
post #43420 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am having a crappy day. Last night when I got home from work, I was exhausted, so I took what I thought would be a short nap. Instead, I slept eleven hours and missed a meeting this morning. Thankfully I have built up some good will over the years I've been at my current job and so nobody was angry at me. But I felt awful about it. I don't think I've ever missed a meeting before.

I remember the first time I missed a college class due to sleeping. It was a 3:30pm class.
post #43421 of 64940
I remember the first college class I went to drunk. First exam I took drunk too.
post #43422 of 64940
I felt absolutely awful about missing a class. It weighed on me for a while.
post #43423 of 64940
Fucking federal public servants mob of wankers the lot of them. God save me from idiots!
post #43424 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Fucking federal public servants mob of wankers the lot of them. God save me from idiots!


Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I remember the first college class I went to drunk. First exam I took drunk too.

I was well-behaved enough to not drink heavily the night before an exam, but I can't remember the first class I went to drunk because I went to so many of them in that manner.
post #43425 of 64940
LawrenceMD, yes thank you for your response to my rant. I enjoyed it very much. A very tactful, effective and hypnotic response indeed, executed without the use of a single word. Kudos. One thing I have learned from CGI is that the old addage 'seeing is believing' no longer holds true. I hope people the world over will become more vigilant than ever before so as not to trust their eyes. This technology is truly wonderous, yet holds within it, a breeding ground for abuse and disaster. Now, mainstream media, corporations or even governments can deceive the world on a scale unimaginable. Yesterday I hated CGI. Today I fear it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.