or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2894

post #43396 of 67045
or the insurance industry.
post #43397 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

buddy of mine from school's running for national office here. his people contacted me about helping selling tickets for a fundraising event this week, which I for the sake of friendship helped sell to our school network. unfortunately not everyone's willing to cough up that high an amount for the per plate event, and these idiots didn't foresee that another group also made a fucking fundraising event a few weeks ago and the gate fee was a lot cheaper.

so now my buddy's people are texting me, asking me how much tickets were sold, and said that "we agreed that the x number of tickets they gave me are considered sold". fucking asshole trying to corner me to cough up the money. fuck you bitch!

Don't fall for that shit.
post #43398 of 67045
Acid, aren't you in a SE Asian country?

If so, shady politics? BAU!
post #43399 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Don't fall for that shit.

didn't and won't. fuckers... too bad too- I like my buddy and his advocacy, but this is the last time I'm gonna help in his campaign.
post #43400 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Acid, aren't you in a SE Asian country?

If so, shady politics? BAU!

yes I am. and I don't deal with shady politics and keep my line of work away from anything politically related. no one gets out of that shit a winner.
post #43401 of 67045
truth.
post #43402 of 67045
CGI. That is what is pissing me off lately. It is in everything. I hate it. I hate CGI people, spacehips, monsters, buildings, etc. I want real sets dammit! CGI costs more to produce than the real thing. CGI always looks so plastic. CGI...pfft! Cartoon Garbage Industry. I don't want to watch cartoons! I want intelligent things to watch, like model kits on gimbles and wires, like grown men prancing around in rubber monster suits with that real slimy stuff dripping and glistening all over them. I want pyrotechnics! 10-20 years from now all that CGI will look so outdated but the real thing will always impress.
post #43403 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

CGI. That is what is pissing me off lately. It is in everything. I hate it. I hate CGI people, spacehips, monsters, buildings, etc. I want real sets dammit! CGI costs more to produce than the real thing. CGI always looks so plastic. CGI...pfft! Cartoon Garbage Industry. I don't want to watch cartoons! I want intelligent things to watch, like model kits on gimbles and wires, like grown men prancing around in rubber monster suits with that real slimy stuff dripping and glistening all over them. I want pyrotechnics! 10-20 years from now all that CGI will look so outdated but the real thing will always impress.

Ever noticed that for a lot of the blockbuster movies of late, you hardly need to pay attention to follow the plot?
Try browsing the web and watch one of hitchcock's movies at the same time and do that, I guarantee you'll get lost within half an hour.

Its why we hardly go to the movies anymore, most of the time its more tricks than dialogue.
Two notable exceptions where 'les miserables' and 'lincoln' in the last year.
post #43404 of 67045

my wife. tongue.gif
 

post #43405 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

CGI. That is what is pissing me off lately. It is in everything. I hate it. I hate CGI people, spacehips, monsters, buildings, etc. I want real sets dammit! CGI costs more to produce than the real thing. CGI always looks so plastic. CGI...pfft! Cartoon Garbage Industry. I don't want to watch cartoons! I want intelligent things to watch, like model kits on gimbles and wires, like grown men prancing around in rubber monster suits with that real slimy stuff dripping and glistening all over them. I want pyrotechnics! 10-20 years from now all that CGI will look so outdated but the real thing will always impress.

I largely agree with you, but not completely.

CGI has its uses. IMO, Game of Thrones uses it very well--the foregrounds and parts that everyone interacts with are sets, but the backgrounds--huge castle, giant ice wall, whatever--are CGI. Because the CGI is in the background, it is less noticeable, and frankly looks better than physical special effects would IMO. But everything close to the camera (well, within reason...) is real.

Now, it's definitely not always more expensive to do CGI, and it gets less expensive by the day. I think you underestimate how much it costs to build animatronics, blow something up, etc. Anytime you have fire on a set is going to cost an absolute fortune due to all of the safety measures they have to put in place--in addition to the fact that you get one take, you are literally burning down your expensive set.
post #43406 of 67045
My fiancée's family.
post #43407 of 67045
i have to go to a banquet tonight for work. ugh.
post #43408 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i have to go to a banquet tonight for work. ugh.

Poor guy. Me too...left the house at 5:15am and will get home around 9:30pm.
post #43409 of 67045

Not enough s€x

post #43410 of 67045
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

CGI. That is what is pissing me off lately. It is in everything. I hate it. I hate CGI people, spacehips, monsters, buildings, etc. I want real sets dammit! CGI costs more to produce than the real thing. CGI always looks so plastic. CGI...pfft! Cartoon Garbage Industry. I don't want to watch cartoons! I want intelligent things to watch, like model kits on gimbles and wires, like grown men prancing around in rubber monster suits with that real slimy stuff dripping and glistening all over them. I want pyrotechnics! 10-20 years from now all that CGI will look so outdated but the real thing will always impress.

I largely agree with you, but not completely.

CGI has its uses. IMO, Game of Thrones uses it very well--the foregrounds and parts that everyone interacts with are sets, but the backgrounds--huge castle, giant ice wall, whatever--are CGI. Because the CGI is in the background, it is less noticeable, and frankly looks better than physical special effects would IMO. But everything close to the camera (well, within reason...) is real.

Now, it's definitely not always more expensive to do CGI, and it gets less expensive by the day. I think you underestimate how much it costs to build animatronics, blow something up, etc. Anytime you have fire on a set is going to cost an absolute fortune due to all of the safety measures they have to put in place--in addition to the fact that you get one take, you are literally burning down your expensive set.

You're one of them...aren't you. Fess up. Well, no matter..you see all of the process that you deem more expensive than CGI are doing something else that CGI cannot do. Consider that the old school process creates real jobs for real people and ergo, stimulate a real economy. That alone defeats the pro-CGI submission. I understood your point and I see the argument but do you see the long view that I have stated?
Now that you brought up Game Of Thrones, I myself have seen only a few episodes of season 1. Wherever that guy fell through the hole in the floor...sorry...that CGI hole in the floor, is where I fell asleep. Never watched a minute more of it afterward.
I know...you are going to tell me, ' it gets better give it another chance'. Well, I can spare you the expenditure. To me, the entire saga could have been told in one 3 hour movie. All the profanity and breasts in the world could not make me watch it again. By the way...all of those breasts... were they real? or CGI? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.