or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2889

post #43321 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

This. My father's business partner had a heart attack about a year ago that was caused by a dental infection.

the simple explanation is that mouth infections eventually spread bacteria directly to your blood stream (because of the sublingual/under the tongue blood vessels) then make their way to the heart and cause damage to the heart valves (like how a sea breeze will eventually eat away at a tin roof. the leaky/compromised heart valves then wreak havoc on the heart. it can happen scarily fast if the infection is bad enough.
post #43322 of 66689
My uncle is a doctor and in the past if I ever was going to get dental work done he would start me on antibiotics before the procedure. Different uncle who had the issue with tooth/heart obviously.
post #43323 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

viyaah con deeyoos

lol i only watched that movie because of a DT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I forgot to put on a belt before I left for work frown.gif

did you remember your pants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

My wisdumb teeth are giving me more and more problems, and eventually I'm going to have to out with these fuckers. Right now I have a nasty infection back in one of them and it's making me miserable. It's not that it's super painful or anything, just uncomfortable to chew and it's even spread a little to where the left side of my throat feels a little inflamed. But it's the thinking about it, the bacteria invading my mouth, the thought that there might be pus oozing back there, and that my breath might stink (I can't smell for shit) that's the worst.

frown.gif feel better, douglas.

and do take care of yourself.
post #43324 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Yeah, it's kind of funny to watch people separate their actions from their logical results, but at the same time it really only takes one permissive and pushy parent to undercut the other: kid gets what he wants from parent A so parent B either goes along or keeps pushing the rock uphill. But, Biscotti, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't go to the birthday - it's a kind of validation and acceptance of this behavior, particularly if you bring a gift.

Not exactly the same but there are loads of times that Little Miss Canuker will twist old dad into something that LC has ruled out. It causes rumbles and tantrums at times(90% of them are from me) but stuff happens. No one is perfect at every moment of the day plus there is always room for movement and debate.

All said that Biscotti sounds like he has a very odd situation going on around him. I recall once reading that it's a good idea to have a second option at the dinner table for children in case they don't like what you cooked(we've never tried this as it's either what mom/dad cooked or I dunno) which seemed like a huge waste, expense and could only lead to more issues down the road. Kids will take you for a run every chance they get and more so at that age of 3-5, it's in people's nature as they are figuring out life. This little girl seems like she is living in a very crazy enviroment and I don't envy anyone along side with it.

I'm not sure what a person can do or say. You can go and accept it for what it is. You can ditch it and deal with the fall out what ever that might be.

Shitty deal.
post #43325 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Biscotti, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't go to the birthday - it's a kind of validation and acceptance of this behavior, particularly if you bring a gift.
It sounds as though they are pampering the kid way too much. Two cakes in hopes she'll like one of them, multiple food dishes in hopes one will be to her liking? Seriously?
Edited by JayJay - 2/25/13 at 10:37am
post #43326 of 66689

A) out of shape worse than previously assumed.

 

B) fell down mountain.

 

C) lost wallet. Found, but not yet returned. inconvenience.

post #43327 of 66689

went to get shots for my dog so that employees at petco will see he has his shots so they know he is safe and clean.  yada yada yada.

 

After 4 shots later they keep asking for his paper work even after I have shown it to them.

 

 

These people are stupid!   

 

Went through all this so he could just get a hair cut.

 

Grrrr!

post #43328 of 66689
Fucked up my Lobbs after a night of drinking. No idea how it happened. 1 inch cut in each toe.

The lagavulin, however, belongs in the happy thread
post #43329 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I haven't worn a belt in over a year. Suspenders, FTW.

Suspenders are sick if you can pull them off.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #43330 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Fucked up my Lobbs after a night of drinking. No idea how it happened. 1 inch cut in each toe.

The lagavulin, however, belongs in the happy thread

Ugh, that's the worst. Even worse is the fact that they were lobbs. I gashed my AE loafers and was pretty pissed. Instantly downgraded them to beater status laugh.gif
post #43331 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Whaaaat! I've never ever seen Excedrin in any of the targets, CVSes, and supermarkets I frequent. That's so strange.

It's most certainly the caffeine in Excedrin that makes it work better than regular Tylenol. Acetaminophen on its own doesn't do jack shit for me, which sucks. I can literally pop pills and pills of Tylenol, bury my face in my pillow with all the lights off and try to sleep my headache off for hours, but the fucker is always still there. Gotta get dat caffeine! Sometimes I'll take two Excedrins and two Advils for a really bad headache that just won't go away.

But yeah, I've been using the generics too and they are a lot cheaper as well, to your point. I try to get generics for all OTC drugs. Generics FTW.

Yeah, Excedrin is great because it's acetaminophen+aspirin+caffeine, and it packs a punch. I very rarely get a headache Excedrin won't clear up, and I almost never get one that a second dose won't completely eradicate.

At Target, the generic is called something like "pain relief medicine," or some other vague title, but it's the exact same formula as Excedrin. It can be hard to find, but it's always there when I go. I have a bottle at home; I'll try to remember to get the name off of it.

I know they had some name-brand Excedrin at my Target recently. I remember because I saw it and mentioned it to the missus, while joking that Novartis had screwed up because I used to buy name brand Excedrin but never will again now that I was forced to discover the generic version.

Also, I'm not doctor, but be careful about taking ibuprofen with Excedrin. You're basically taking a double dose of NSAIDs (aspirin and ibuprofen) when you do that. Could be bad for the ol' gut.
post #43332 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Suspenders are sick if you can pull them off.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

What do you mean, "If you can pull them off?" They are completely functional.
post #43333 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Fucked up my Lobbs after a night of drinking. No idea how it happened. 1 inch cut in each toe.

The lagavulin, however, belongs in the happy thread

Dunno where you live, but if you took a taxi home, that could be the culprit. I fucked up a pair of new old-stock AEs a couple years ago on NYE - same thing - a nice cut on the toe. The front seat of the cab must have had some kind of metal framing or something exposed. I was amazed by how clean the cut was. Seemed like someone with open toes could open a nice gash on their foot that way.
post #43334 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Dunno where you live, but if you took a taxi home, that could be the culprit. I fucked up a pair of new old-stock AEs a couple years ago on NYE - same thing - a nice cut on the toe. The front seat of the cab must have had some kind of metal framing or something exposed. I was amazed by how clean the cut was. Seemed like someone with open toes could open a nice gash on their foot that way.

Definitely. The front seats sit on rails so that they can slide forward and backward. Most cars cover this with carpet to avoid this kind of thing, but as cabs are pretty much 100% functional, most of them don't have this, and instead have the raw steel rails exposed. It will tear up your shoes if you kick it.
post #43335 of 66689
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Fucked up my Lobbs after a night of drinking. No idea how it happened. 1 inch cut in each toe.

frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.