or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2817

post #42241 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

not hot, but pretty. she was the kind of care free fun friend that we all went on vacations with during/after college. her parents aren't wealthy but really lavished her and had her believing that she was rich, and now everyone's parents are a lot older they cut her off financially (only recently when she hit her 30's) saving money for their retirement and or emergency money for their deteriorating health [medical expenses]. she's graduated from a great college and has a degree in education, but I guess she doesn't want to teach... which leaves her kind of stranded.

Well, in my opinion having any job, even one I hated, is significantly better than asking other people for money.
post #42242 of 67856
Something tells me a teaching job will not support her in the manner she's become accustomed to.
post #42243 of 67856
Well at least she won't ruin friendships and gain some self-respect.
post #42244 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Just found a dog roaming the streets all alone (-2C) with no tags on it, so now I have to wait for my mother to come, so I can bring the dog to the police station, while she looks after my dog.


Dog and owner reunited.

Well done FF
post #42245 of 67856
..
post #42246 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Well done FF

When you see a dog running down the street alone, it's the only thing to do.

The sad thing was it was in the middle of a busy street during rush hour and I was the only one trying to get hold if it.
I ended up having get someone to hold my dog while I roped it in and an old women started telling me of until someone told her it wasn't mine.

The owner was so insanely happy when she got it back, although she never reported it missing to the police, so it was pure luck she found me while I was taking it to the police station.
post #42247 of 67856
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I do my best to avoid diets that were the (forced) norm during an era of human history where guys in their 30s were considered senior citizens.

Actually not true. They lived into their 70's and 80's as well are lucky to. If they died it was usually because of infected wounds. The elderly were provided for by the young people who could hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I do my best to avoid diets that were the (forced) norm during an era of human history where guys in their 30s were considered senior citizens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Actually not true. They lived into their 70's and 80's as well are lucky to. If they died it was usually because of infected wounds. The elderly were provided for by the young people who could hunt.


Common misconception that they lived short brutish lives.

The elderly were also still very able bodied, unlike today's American elder with their oxygen tanks and what-not.

WTF is this nonsense?

It's also a common misconception that paleolithic humans never ate grains. If that were the case, then they would never have learned to cultivate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Larry, is this girl hot?

not hot, but pretty. she was the kind of care free fun friend that we all went on vacations with during/after college. her parents aren't wealthy but really lavished her and had her believing that she was rich, and now everyone's parents are a lot older they cut her off financially (only recently when she hit her 30's) saving money for their retirement and or emergency money for their deteriorating health [medical expenses]. she's graduated from a great college and has a degree in education, but I guess she doesn't want to teach... which leaves her kind of stranded.

Would Mrs. L be open to an "arrangement"?
post #42248 of 67856
I have a craving to watch "Amadeus" but I am unable to do so for at least another five days. angry.gif
post #42249 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post


WTF is this nonsense?

It's also a common misconception that paleolithic humans never ate grains. If that were the case, then they would never have learned to cultivate them.

We were looking at the earlier paleoithic era. Not so close to the dawn of the agricultural age.

post #42250 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

I have a craving to watch "Amadeus" but I am unable to do so for at least another five days. angry.gif

I fucking love that film. Why can't you watch it for 5 days?
post #42251 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I fucking love that film. Why can't you watch it for 5 days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9A0a7QCLTcE#t=229s
post #42252 of 67856
Linkey no workey.
post #42253 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

We were looking at the earlier paleoithic era. Not so close to the dawn of the agricultural age.

Paleo as in what time frame and continent?
post #42254 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Reading the New York Post has become significantly less interesting now that they don't post readers' [abjectly racist and misogynist] comments at the bottom of the articles any more.

Wait, what?! That was the only reason I read it.

I still love the actual newspaper. No one does a better front page!
post #42255 of 67856
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I fucking love that film. Why can't you watch it for 5 days?

Traveling for work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I still love the actual newspaper. No one does a better front page!

Best part of flying to a city with large NYC transplants is they have both the Post and Daily News for sale at the airports. The Post is the only paper that will use "Hoe" in a headline not quoting someone. In fact I rarely read past the lead because if I want "real news" and not awesome puns and jokes in my paper I'll read any other publication
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.